Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • How much is a Viking Diamond? >
  • How much is a Viking Diamond?

• How much is a Viking Diamond?

Old 06-13-2012, 05:33 PM

Default How much is a Viking Diamond?

Ok everyone, I had to ask. I am tired of searching around and the prices of the high end machines being a great big secret. I've seen some on Ebay for around $5000. Is that how much they are new or used? I'm sorry but I've been to my Viking dealerships in town and they were all so ditzy that I really don't want to go back in there just to find a price. So....can someone please answer this great big secret question? Also, there is a Viking Diamond and a Viking Diamond Deluxe? What is the difference? As always, I appreciate the wisdom of the board.
    Thank you!!!
    Old 06-13-2012, 06:22 PM

kind of like a car, every dealer knows their bottom line.
    Old 06-13-2012, 06:28 PM

If the machine is being sold on ebay, that would be a used machine price. Because they can't be sold on ebay and still have a warranty or dealer service. Warranties don't transfer on used machines. I don't know the new price.
    Old 06-13-2012, 07:07 PM

I honestly don't know. But I can tell you this much...it will depend upon the 'extras' you get with it. I am guessing you can probably get a Diamond for around $8000. And, I would think when the new Diamond comes out, you might be able to get a trade-in machine at a lesser price. Honestly, I would never purchase a machine from ebay. The warranty would not transfer and you would not have dealer support for it.
    Old 06-13-2012, 07:23 PM

This might give you an idea of the pricing: http://www.amazon.com/Husqvarna-Viki.../dp/B0037UF2JO
    Old 06-13-2012, 07:24 PM

You are probably right DebraK; about them being like a car. Pam and Candace, I agree about the Ebay thing and the warranty not transferring. I would not purchase one from Ebay, I was just curious if their prices were about right or how much more they were at a dealer. It's just frustrating when you're trying to do research on different machines, and you can't get prices anywhere. I appreciate the input. Thank you!
    Old 06-13-2012, 07:29 PM

Unfortunately the best way of determining price on the TOL machines for the major manufactures is to talk to the individual dealers. If there is a large quilt show in your area you can sometimes find several dealers in one location. I can tell you that Bernina's TOL machine runs close to $12000. The other machines probably run along those lines.

mltquilt
    Old 06-13-2012, 08:47 PM

They were selling here new at the dealer for approx. $10,000. Of course, they usually gave you a discount if you bought all the extras, like the embroidery package, etc. My friend bought hers new and it is a fabulous machine. I could never afford one but have a Viking D1 which is about 11 yrs. old and love it. I bought it off ebay about 4 years ago. I just took a chance when I bought it online. The seller had a return policy so I felt good about buying it. I think the older machines are made better than the newer ones. Although, I can't say if I didn't have the money, I wouldn't go out and buy the Diamond!!
    Old 06-13-2012, 09:42 PM

I'm with joey. I bought my Rose in 1999. That's before the Designer models came out. It was $2500 on sale from a dealer. I wouldn't trade that machine......well......no, I wouldn't. If I got another machine it would be in addition to my Viking.
    Old 06-13-2012, 09:56 PM
    Power Poster

I agree that it's very hard to find prices on-line for the top of the line machines.

Very frustrating -