Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Funky Halloween Swap ^^._.^^ Sign Ups close June 30, 2012 >

Funky Halloween Swap ^^._.^^ Sign Ups close June 30, 2012

Funky Halloween Swap ^^._.^^ Sign Ups close June 30, 2012

Old 06-18-2012, 08:11 AM

Well, just downloaded a bunch of ideas and patterns, so far doesn't look like anyone has what I'm thinking of making! I am jazzed, will start on this tonight!! I need to start excavating my halloween fabrics, and fire up the printer for some applique and paper pieced designs!
This is going to be FUN!!!
Old 06-18-2012, 10:30 AM

Just selected the designs I want to make for this swap....contrary to MizMelly's selections; mine will be embroidery.
Guess I should sign-up first!
Old 06-18-2012, 11:20 AM

Sniff! Wish I had an embroidery machine! Mine will be machine stitched applique and paper pieced. However, I keep finding more and more designs and I've already changed my mind several times!! Decisions, decisions.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:26 PM

I would love to participate!
Old 06-18-2012, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by MizMelly View Post
Sniff! Wish I had an embroidery machine! Mine will be machine stitched applique and paper pieced. However, I keep finding more and more designs and I've already changed my mind several times!! Decisions, decisions.
I wish I could paper piece and sew well enough to do them your way!!!
Old 06-18-2012, 02:19 PM

I finally have my 2 sets done and hope to get them in the mail this week.This is the first swap that I have been in. It was really fun getting the sets together. But there are so many cute Halloween prints out there it was hard to decide. I would send a picture, but my computer isn't working right. I have got to get it in this week. I have been putting it off for far to long. Cant' wait to see all the blocks. I love the ones I have seen so far.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:08 PM

I am working on a tutorial for the spider web throw. It was so fun to make. I will let you know when it is done and ready to post. I will need to get some more sweatshirt fleece first.

So how was your vacation Rachel? Did you have a great time?
Old 06-19-2012, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
So how was your vacation Rachel? Did you have a great time?
Yes!! We got to do 4 days in Disney World, then 4 days with family in GA. Of course now I need a vacation from my vacation!!

Cheers!
Rachel
Old 06-19-2012, 04:40 PM

Hi everyone!!

Sign-ups for this swap end in about a week and a half. Here is the official list of who has signed up:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/groups/...2-g15-d62.html

If your name is not on this list, please send me a PM so i can be sure to get you my address and make you all official like. There is still plenty of room, so if you have been lurking, please feel free to jump in!! Remember you have 1 month from the date the sign-ups end to get me your blocks.

Also as a suggestion as people are getting ready to mail. On the last swap I did, pretty much every person's sets could fit in one of those flat rate mailing envelopes for $5.15. Some people paid as much as $12 to send a package regular mail when it could have fit in one of those. If you go to the post office, you can buy a $5.15 stamp, put it on a flat rate envelope, put your address on the envelope and fold it in half and mail it to me with your sets. This makes my life a little easier when mailing and you will have the cheapest mailing rate this way.

Cheers!
Rachel
Old 06-20-2012, 08:46 AM

Howdy! I have a paper piecing question! I was lurking in another swap, and the rules are to leave the foundation paper on the block. Well..... umm.... I made up several blocks last night and being anal retentive, I took the paper backing off three of the blocks. What is the consensus of the group? Would you prefer to get paper pieced blocks with the foundation paper still attached? If so, should I make up 3 more blocks with the paper attached when I send them in?