Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Funky Halloween Swap ^^._.^^ Sign Ups close June 30, 2012 >

Funky Halloween Swap ^^._.^^ Sign Ups close June 30, 2012

Funky Halloween Swap ^^._.^^ Sign Ups close June 30, 2012

Old 06-20-2012, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by MizMelly View Post
Howdy! I have a paper piecing question! I was lurking in another swap, and the rules are to leave the foundation paper on the block. Well..... umm.... I made up several blocks last night and being anal retentive, I took the paper backing off three of the blocks. What is the consensus of the group? Would you prefer to get paper pieced blocks with the foundation paper still attached? If so, should I make up 3 more blocks with the paper attached when I send them in?
You do not need to leave paper on for this swap (though you can if you want to). I think that may be a rule in other swaps because sometimes tearing paper off can distort the block, so people prefer to take it off in their own way. If you measure the blocks you took the paper off of and they are still the right sizes, you are fine without making more blocks.

I hope that helps!
Rachel
Old 06-20-2012, 09:38 AM

Yeah! Thank you! I measured the blocks before and after the paper came off, and they were steam pressed, so there shouldn't be any distortion. Glad I don't have to redo, I'm about to move on to the next set tonight.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:29 PM

I checkend into the members listed of this swap and did not see my name. You and I have been corresponding and I do want to assure you that I have 3 sets finished to be mailed early next week.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by BarbM32 View Post
I checkend into the members listed of this swap and did not see my name. You and I have been corresponding and I do want to assure you that I have 3 sets finished to be mailed early next week.
I knew there was at least one missing from the list!! You are on there now. Can't wait to see the lovelies!!

Cheers!
Rachel
Old 06-22-2012, 05:18 AM

So glad I am now officially in the group. While I can use my own blocks I really want to swap with all my friends and enjoy the finished quilt. I am thinking about writting everyone's Board name on their block. My 3 yr old GS is always wanting to know "who did it" or "who made it" and this will give us both added enjoyment talking about whatever catches his attention.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:28 AM

Just checking in.. I have two sets complete and working on the third then I will send them off. Love all the blocks I have been seeing posted.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:35 AM

OK, I am in. I am mailing my blocks off today. That is rare for me because I am rarely early for anything! Being a new quilter I am a little nervous and hope my blocks work well for whoever gets them. I don't have a picture to share yet, but the material has cats and pumpkins. I did a variation on a lantern pattern with bright orange , purple, gold and black colors.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Sarint View Post
OK, I am in. I am mailing my blocks off today. That is rare for me because I am rarely early for anything! Being a new quilter I am a little nervous and hope my blocks work well for whoever gets them. I don't have a picture to share yet, but the material has cats and pumpkins. I did a variation on a lantern pattern with bright orange , purple, gold and black colors.
Yay!! I love getting packages early (hint hint to others ) But seriously it does help me spread out the recording of the packages over a few weeks rather than trying to do them all at once, plus inevitably there will be swappers that run out of time and have to drop, so if you just get the blocks done now, you don't have to worry about that!! The more swappers we have, the better variety for everyone!! Can't wait to see your lovlies!

Cheers!
Rachel
Old 06-23-2012, 04:11 PM

So we can do machine embroidered blocks too if we want?
Both sets don't have to be the same do they if your doing 2 sets?

Last edited by sewred; 06-23-2012 at 04:12 PM. Reason: forgot to add a question
Old 06-23-2012, 04:41 PM

I PMed for two sets. One embroidered (hopefully). And IF I can manage more sets I'll send them. I found a PP cat and spiderweb. And I'll post the embroidery if it works.

~SheriR