Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
"Once Upon a Time In My Garden" PP Block Swap with a "Twist" >

"Once Upon a Time In My Garden" PP Block Swap with a "Twist"

"Once Upon a Time In My Garden" PP Block Swap with a "Twist"

Old 06-29-2012, 04:19 AM

SewExtremeSeams, good luck with your construction work! Sorry about the need for it, but glad that you'll get some new things in your home! The squirrel is adorable isn't she? Just remember that Aug. 15 is when I have to have the blocks...you could drive them over of course!

Mosher92, with your friend in here, you might as well join up and be in here too, don't you think? You don't want to be left out of all the fun do you???? (okay mosher92's friend...help her out here and give her a little nudge?)
Old 06-29-2012, 06:20 PM

I finally got back to working on more blocks today. I have 6 done that I have already posted the pictures of. Now I finished another 4 today. My husband had magor surgery last week so I am busy taking care of him. Decided to get out my featherweight and set it up close to him and was able to get the 4 done. I guess where there is a will there is a way.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:40 PM

Hello everyone! I just wanted to let you all know beginning September 3rd. I'm hosting Quilts for Rosie - Weekly Paper Pieced Sampler Quilt Along

I wanted to invite you all to check out the thread to see if you are interested in joining us. We're going to have fun!

Last edited by Patricia Faye; 06-29-2012 at 06:52 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 07-01-2012, 05:36 AM
Power Poster

I hate the real ones in my garden. Just plain too many but the paper pieced one is safe and oh so adorable. I would love one.
You did an amazing job!

Originally Posted by lfstamper View Post
I made this guy last night. Not sure if I will make more. What do you all think? Do you want squirrels in your gardens?

Thanks for looking.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:26 AM

Almond, so sorry to hear about your DH's surgery. Hopefully he is doing well and getting better and better every day. You are thinking like a true quilter with setting up your featherweight by him...
Old 07-01-2012, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
I hate the real ones in my garden. Just plain too many but the paper pieced one is safe and oh so adorable. I would love one.
You did an amazing job!
Sounds like you can relate to my experience. Super cute on paper...brings out the worst of me in real life.

@Almond: best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
Almond, so sorry to hear about your DH's surgery. Hopefully he is doing well and getting better and better every day. You are thinking like a true quilter with setting up your featherweight by him...
Sounds like you & I are partners for the July DQ quilt swap. Got something going for you but will need to be able to go to the shop to work on it. Hopefully my DH will get his staples out this week and won't be quite to so tied down to being by his side.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:20 AM

Anna and Fraew, why is it that pictures of squirrels is so much cuter than the real squirrels? Since I found out they were part of the "rat" family, I didn't want to get too close to them...Sigh, but they are adorable in fabric aren't they???

Almond I've pm'd you! This will be fun making you a DQ!
Old 07-01-2012, 10:42 AM
Power Poster

Question For those that love paper piecing and miniatures- QUESTION?

I am just getting into paper piecing now I have been quilting for about 10 years. I find it hard to find magazines and books with foundation and paper piecing blocks especially the 3 1/2 to 6 1/2 in. range that depict regular things in life and are not overly complicated. Whenever I do it seems it is out of print. I was talking to a quilt shop owner and she felt the same. Do you have the same experience? Do you feel there are less books/magazines available now then before for paper piecers?
Old 07-01-2012, 12:29 PM

Anna I am new to PPing and have only used patterns I find on the Internet. With one exception. I have been doing 50 Fabulous PP Stars. When I get a pattern that's not the size I need. I resize it on my printer until its just right.