Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST >

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

Old 07-08-2012, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
sharon what are the shipping charges to buy a panel and how is it to deal with their website purchases since they are converting the money to rands? rands are not a global monetary system so i always have a little healthy skepticism when dealing with individual country monetary systems.

i know my professional group has a great relationship with south african accounting professionals and visit there every year and a group of south africans come to our conventions every year.

and sharon i will not outright confess to creating such a shoe heel predilection in my daughter. i really think she came into this life predisposed with that set of heel evaluation values.
Are you also an Accountant, as am I?? Congratulations or condolences, as the case may be. I like my work, but it sure can be stressful sometimes.

So , [email protected] (this is her email) is wonderful. She is American and there is also a story behind how she got started in this on the website. Everything is in USD, not Rands, and you can pay by PayPal. Shipping is $7 and the shipment is fast!!! I got it within 7 days. The panel is $20, so in total it was $27. I gave her an even $30 just as an extra donation to them. When I ordered in early June, they were all out and could not make them fast enough, nor keep them in stock, so I had to wait for one. But even that was done quickly and professionally. I was very impressed with this organization.

First you go on the website, select and put it in your shopping cart. Here's where I got confused, as that was IT - the website just sort of went away. There was no way to pay - it said by check, etc, but did not give an address or anything (they need to work on that, I think). So I sort of gave up, but in a couple of days, Ina contacted me with apologies that they were out of stock, and asked what I would like to do. I told her I would wait and she came back with shipping charges. I offered the $3 more and she wrote up a bill with my offer amount and put it onto PayPal for me to pay. From there it was easy. All within a couple of days.

One of these days, I'll get to So. Africa. That's on my bucket list.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:54 AM

Received my pkg from Brenda21 on Thursday (I think it was) I though to myself Boy that was sure quick, and come to find out she lives only an hour north of me!!! I've told her we will have to meet up sometime. That would be fun!
She sent me some awesome goodies, the beaded scissor fob was my favorite!!! Thank you so much Brenda! I got some fabric in my colors, and some tiny pony tail holders for my bobbins, some scrapbook scissors and templates as well as some patterns for qulting and a cute hot pink tissue holder. This will be perfect for my church bag! THANK YOU Brenda for all the great goodies!!!
Old 07-08-2012, 11:06 AM

My pal's package went out priority mail to her yesterday so she should have it soon. I posted a pic of one of the things I made her on my blog and it has her name on it (it's an unusual name) so I hope she doesn't stumble across my blog for another couple days.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:09 AM

My pal's package went out priority mail to her yesterday so she should have it soon. I posted a pic of one of the things I made her on my blog and it has her name on it (it's an unusual name) so I hope she doesn't stumble across my blog for another couple days.

Jan
www.artfriendzy.blogspot.com
Old 07-08-2012, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
Are you also an Accountant, as am I?? Congratulations or condolences, as the case may be. I like my work, but it sure can be stressful sometimes....
I am on the tax side of accounting which is really stressful. lol i didn't see any paypal option under shipping info only that the payment was in rands. i will take a look again.

i have so many international places i want to visit but south africa was not high on my list. i am looking to join an international travel group. i am a turquoise waters kinda girl so so the tahitian islands or bali islands you know somewhere in the south pacific.
Old 07-08-2012, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by stampqn View Post

Jan

www.artfriendzy.blogspot.com
Well, darn, checked it out - knowing my name was not unusual, but one can always hope. It wasn't me. Guess it's back to waiting. Haven't seen my Sp post at all - maybe she's just lurking.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
I am on the tax side of accounting which is really stressful. lol i didn't see any paypal option under shipping info only that the payment was in rands. i will take a look again.

i have so many international places i want to visit but south africa was not high on my list. i am looking to join an international travel group. i am a turquoise waters kinda girl so so the tahitian islands or bali islands you know somewhere in the south pacific.
Tahiti WOULD be nice!!! In high school, many moons ago, we had a South African exchange student in my class. It's my understanding that the area is beautiful - I'm not keen on staying in one of those huts myself, but a hotel on the ocean would work. lol. Paypal is not listed on the website, but I told Ina I preferred to pay that way, and she accomodated my request. Taxes are not my cup 'o tea, although I do Property Taxes and Sales Tax returns for several states. But those are more fun and low stress. I'm assuming you are Corporate Tax / Income Tax - International business, I guess??? I DID get a 4.0 in Corporate Tax (and Forensic Accounting) about 6 years ago (I went back to college for the 3rd time at a very ripe age - 2003-2006). I think a couple more work years will definitely suffice. I'm ready to retire and travel.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:34 PM

Will be prepared to send my package on Tuesday to someone with a lot of letters in their board name. It will contain a book, among other things.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:15 PM

I need to do a little binding on my handmade item and hope to get it all packed up and sent tomorrow, Tuesday at the latest. My sp lives in a state I have never been to but hope to visit one of these days when I travel cross country
Old 07-08-2012, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
I didn't make it but I was the lucky one to GET IT in the doll quilt swap!! oldcatlady made it and it is so so beautiful I am going to frame it!
Lori,
I would frame it also. It is absolutely beautiful. She has a very wonderful talent for it. I found that I didn't have enough creativity to do it.