Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Any idea what machine fits this cabinet? >

Any idea what machine fits this cabinet?

Any idea what machine fits this cabinet?

Old 07-07-2012, 05:56 PM

Default Any idea what machine fits this cabinet?

We picked up this sewing cabinet at a local GW a month or so ago. None of our machines have a hole or a bolt that would match up with the hole in the machine base on this cabinet. Here is some pics for your inspection.

Top with leaf open. The four red caps indicate where the feet of the machine were. You can see the off center hole and the stain around where the machine used to sit.

Top with leaf.

Top with machine base folded down. You can see the home made shelf the previous owner put in there.

Here is a view of the inside of the front door.

We've looked at all our machines and not one has a hole to bolt it to this type of cabinet.

Joe
Old 07-07-2012, 06:22 PM

Do you think it's just a generic cabinet for a portable machine?
Old 07-07-2012, 06:36 PM

Pretty much so. It has that hole to bolt the machine to the cabinet, but it's not like a Singer cabinet made with hinges for the machine.

Joe
Old 07-07-2012, 11:55 PM

All this brings back memories, Thinking in the 70's some one ( young couple ) the new purchase, >> Big $$$ it was a cabinet like that ,,,

It was cool because you could put every thing inside.

But A Drag because your still using a portable sm, you can't just slide the fabric to the needle

The one I got today is about the same era.. ,, and the 70's photo finish, The phony black Dots, to make it look antique..
Old 07-09-2012, 04:25 AM

I saw a similar cabinet the other day at the thrift store. I took a double look and could not figure what machine would nestle in it. Guess it is a generic for any machine.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:07 PM

I have a cabinet that had a Kenmore in it.....looks like that but not sure about the holes..will have to look!
Old 07-09-2012, 02:02 PM

This cabinet is made by Parsons. I got a similar (larger with drawers) with my New Home 6000 in 1984. I only have one little dink in the cabinet after all of these years. My Janome Horizon 7700 will be able to move in as soon as I earn another $300.00 to pay off the layaway. The "gold" ruler on the cabinet was a great idea and I still use it. Hope that helps you in your quest for identity of the cabinet.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:08 PM

I think that's a Kenmore cabinet for a free arm machine. I have an Ultra-Stitch 12 that would bolt on there but I've got mine sitting on a shelf in a very old cabinet so my sewing surface is flush with the top of the cabinet.

I'm thinking it's Kenmore too because I have a cabinet for a flat bed Kenmore that has the same front door.