Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 7.0-WATER Group >

Boomerang 7.0-WATER Group

Boomerang 7.0-WATER Group

Old 07-10-2012, 05:50 AM

April...I am ready for Boom 8...glad you feel up to doing it again!
Old 07-10-2012, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by Abby's Mom View Post
Roseysue - I sent your block out on 4/23 I combined a darker blue with silver in it and White tone on tone. - please tell me that you have received it!!!
Hi Abby's Mom,
Thanks for letting me know. I will mark it on my record. roseysue
Old 07-10-2012, 06:13 AM

I am ready for 8 also

Received a wonderful block from OldCat Lady
Old 07-10-2012, 07:35 AM

Measure the quilt for the size of the borders. I take a few measurements across and a few up and down. Then I average all the measurements across. This is the length of the top and bottom borders. Take this measurement and add the width of your borders x2 because you will have a border on each side. Now add 3-4" for fudge factor. Find the center along the length of the border. Take the length of the border and place pins at points on your border this far apart, centered. So if you top measures 40", you will want to place your pins 40" apart, starting about 20" from the center point. Sew the borders to the top and bottom, starting and stopping 1/4" from the edge, backstitching at each end.
Repeat for the sides using the average measurements made of the quilt top before adding the borders to the top and bottom.
Now that all 4 borders are attached, you need to sew the diagonal seams at each corner.
Fold the top, starting at one corner along the diagonal, right sides together. Push the seam allowances towards the quilt top. Line up the borders and pin together. They should match up. Using a ruler with a 45 degree angle, mark the seam line. Now sew the seam. I like to start at the outside edge and sew to the center. Again sew to the 1/4" seam and backstitch.
Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
I have a question. Does anyone know an easy, understandable way to explain how to miter a corner? Ive put a border on my Civil War quilt and want to miter the corners but I cant understand the tutorials Ive seen on line. Ive done it before but cant for the life of me remember how!

Daisey, I have two batches of blocks to put together into a quilt. Have NO idea when I will find the time to do it but Im ready for the next one. Its a little aggravating when you send out 36 F8's and dont always get 36 back but over all its a good swap and I sure hope April wants to do another one! Joan
Old 07-10-2012, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by bibliostone View Post
Wow, April, your baby has turned into a very beautiful little girl!

I've enjoyed the last five booms I've done, but I will need to set out 8. I'll be lurking though! Maybe by 9 I will be caught up. Thanks for hosting these.

Also, I mailed the last of my boom 7 blocks this morning. Yay for me!
Thanks so much Elise for the kind words! She has grown so fast it is amazing. It feels like just yesterday she was playing in the fabric drawers as a baby.
Sorry you will not be playing in 8 but I do understand
I still have several to put together from previous Booms but I'll get there....someday lol

When I first started the Booms it was a 3 month turn around time but people felt it was too short with a larger number of blocks so here are some things I am proposing, please let me know what you think:
1). Do one super large group and however many people sign up is the number of blocks we make and make the turn around period 4 months if it is say 40+.
2). Keep it as it is, small and large groups with a 4 month
3). Keep the small and large groups but change back to 3 month.

I am open to ideas and suggestions but in the end I will do what I think will be best for all of those involved based on previous swaps and member feedback.

You all are awesome and thanks for being a part of my swaps!
Hugs Hugs
April
Old 07-10-2012, 07:40 AM

Count me in on 8 too! I just love the blocks I receive..

Donna
Old 07-10-2012, 12:05 PM

I received this lovely block from oldcatlady. Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mississippi Magnolia Boom water7 from old cat lady.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	697.5 KB
ID:	348090  
Old 07-10-2012, 05:22 PM

Hmmm. I am not sure about the 3 month versus the 4 month. To me, it doesn't seem like a month is much difference. I guess it would depend how many blocks I needed to make and what time of year it is. Could you somehow have a group that wants to do 3 months and another group that wants to do 4 month? We still have several that have not been received in this swap and it is a 4 month turnaround time. Hopefully we will get them by the deadline.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:36 PM

I'm glad you all like your blocks. I finally finished my May Doll Quilt (over 1 month late!) and got it sent off and it was full steam ahead with the Boom blocks. I'll be finished by saturday if everything behaves.

I'm ready for 8 also. I know what I want to do to be more organized.

Originally Posted by sustraley View Post
Received a nice block from oldcatlady. Looks like she has been busy making our blocks. It will look great with the rest I have received. Thanks
Old 07-10-2012, 05:45 PM

Ok good news, I made mt boom 6 quilt over the weekend! They go together fast and I put 2 borders on it. I didnt do sashing because sometimes I get tired of the sashing look.
I already have my fabric picked out for Boom 8! I like the 4 month turn around time no matter how many blocks...