Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST >

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

Old 07-15-2012, 06:26 AM

Well, I am still waiting patiently for a package...mine was sent and received a couple of weeks ago. I am loving the looks of the packages. I hope you are better now Lori. Is that swelling due to the weather? It is very hot here and no rain in sight.

Krystyna I am sorry you didn't get that monkey. Actually, I owned a Spider Monkey when I was a teenager and it was impossible to get the "wild animal" smell out of the house. We gave him to a local florist and he lived happily for many years in the greenhouses. Sorry about your grapes, too! The birds don't bother a lot here but the squirrels and the rabbits are death to my plants. Can't seem to win what with them, the lack of rain and 90+ degree heat.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:06 AM

Anastasia - Happy you like your swap package. Do you post photos of your quilts (I'll have to go look, right after I view your u-tube shoe video)? I've never seen an Aunt Becky, but I watched a Nancy Zieman video of one being used. Sounds like a winner.

Mooretll - Hope your SIL is doing well. What an ordeal she is going through.

Lori - The heat makes my feet and ankles swell, too. Very uncomfortable. I hope you are feeling some better by now.

Krystyna - We have squirrels that are just downright cruel. They have stripped one entire branch of our peach tree - no they don't eat the fruit, they just ruin them. And the birds take pecks out of each individual peach, so they are mostly wasted and inedible. And it's a good thing we have lots of figs because the birds love to eat a bit out of each one as much as possible. You are smart... You used pretty netting and I used expensive Home Depot netting!!! Next time, I'm taking your approach. We tie it around the trunk of the fruit trees, but it's a hassle to undo it to harvest. Still, at least there is some left to pick by the time we get around to installing the netting. May the force be with you!!!

Segasal - Looking forward of seeing photos of your new Lab...
Old 07-15-2012, 07:10 AM
Banned

I am soooooooooooooooooo PI$$ED OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friday I scheduled for a Saturday USPS pick up service. I set
the box outside my door (like I ALWAYS do) usually the mail
carrier (who is a SUPER fantastic guy) will just complete the
"pick up paperwork leave on door, take box and that is that.

Ok so I thought nothing more about it then this morning Tim
and I was heading to breakfast and he said your box is still
here, I look at my email and I have one saying that my box
was indeed picked up.

I thought AWESOME he just left a box for me as he was picking
up the box I was sending out. WRONG it was my OUT going
box still sitting there.

Talked to a few of my neighbors and they all said their mail
boxes was EMPTY yesterday, and the out going mail had not
been picked up either. So what this tells me is that our NORMAL
guy was not working yesterday and they had a slacker fill in
who did not want to do the mail boxes of the condo building.

So come Monday morning I am carrying a copy of my email
pick up confirmation, AND the box to USPS and filing a big
COMPLAINT with the Branch Post Master and if that does no
good I will take it higher.

This is NOT the first time in fact it is so common that it is
ALMOST part of the routine for the sub carriers to do this.

It's getting very old.

Sorry SP that your box did not get picked up like it should have.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:25 AM

I may need to get her website...it would be delightful to have something remove headaches that quickly. I can agree that headache pain relief is priceless.

K
Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
Just got back from the Craft show~ long day! It was fun meeting all the crafty people here, but we did not do any sales! I think it has a lot to do with the economy. And the fact that there was town wide yard sales and second hand selling going on... Not many want to buy new when they can get so many good bargains at yard sales. But I gave out a lot of business cards and made some really cool contacts.

But seriously the best deal for me today was meeting the girl in the booth next to me; she sells essential oils, and I have been fighting migraines. Yesterday I could barely move, today fought it off and went to show.

The lady put some peppermint oil mixed with lavender oil and my head ache was GONE... later when it started again, I did it again and again headache was gone! I am sold on the oils.

So the show was worth so much to me!

I called home to check and see if I got a package today, but no answer, they had gone to town, I hope they call me back and tell me I got my package~
Old 07-15-2012, 07:42 AM

Default sp swap, nelco's pkg.

Lori asked me to post pics of what I sent to Nelco so you can all see the contents. This is her 1st swap also so I had fun making her pkg.. She does alot of crossstitch, has never used Batiks but would like to try them and she loves the colors of fall. Anyone that wants raspberries and strawberries you would do me a favor coming to my house, we pick about a gallon of each one every night. Trying to give them away, my freezer is bulging. I would gladly trade for lobster, we love it and it's $22.00 a pound here. If I splurge and get 2 small ones, it's $32.00. If anyone has "extra" pick me please.[ATTACH=CONFIG]349180[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]349181[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]349182[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]349183[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0660.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	349180   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0661.JPG
Views:	140
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	349181   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0662.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	349182   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0663.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	349183  
Old 07-15-2012, 07:45 AM

Should also say she collects frogs and shot glasses.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:49 AM

nice packages everyone...Jaba love the stiletto....
Old 07-15-2012, 08:24 AM

Jaba - I love the stiletto, too!!! Want to try my hand at making them.. And I notice that you crochet scrubbies, also. Great little gifts, but a little hard on the hands (unless I'm doing something wrong - I'm a little new at it). You pin cushion is adorable and your dishcloths are beautiful. Nice of you to do so very much for the new gal - she'll be sooooo pleased with everything you sent.

Quilty-Louise - How very annoying of the post office substitute to do that. You can bet I'd be right there complaining with you. I saw on the news this morning that they put the changes to the PO on hold for a while.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:34 AM

Yesterday, I went to a local guild's quilt show and couldn't resist buying a yard of this Henry Glass, Pattern #9416 shoe fabric. It also comes with a black background and a white background. I had to stop looking because Henry had a lot of new release fabrics there, and I would have been bankrupt if I didn't restrain myself.

I'm thinking of making a sewing machine cover or a tote bag. If anyone has any more creative suggestions, I'd love to hear from you.

I also went to some antique stores and bought some buttons. If my next SP partner likes vintage buttons, I have a great gift for them!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Shoe fabric.JPG
Views:	431
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	349190  

Last edited by SharonAnne; 07-15-2012 at 08:36 AM.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:55 AM
Swap Hosts

Great packages, everyone!
Teresa, browning on the vine means that her grapes are shriveling up and not ripening. I had some do that in the intense heat a few weeks ago. The nets are down and I am going to serge them into pieces that go down to the ground. If that doesn't work, I give up.
They better not go near my figs or we will be having bird stew before you know it.
So far they haven't bothered the raspberries or blackberries and there are plenty of those to enjoy.
My zucchini however bit the dust. Those darned vine borers. Grrrrr!