Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST >

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

Old 07-15-2012, 05:30 PM

Thanks everyone for the nice comments..and yes those scrubbies are hard on your hands. Seems I'm either doing those or crocheting dishcloths and hot pads if I don't have a quilt to put binding on. Never made a stilleto before but saw a pic on the board somewhere and decided I'd try. Think I used toooo much glue on the ends, but 1 st try and I don't think the beads will fall off. Best I can say is I tried, thought that counts right. Love this swap, I call it instant satisfaction both ways, sending and receiving. Looking forward to next month already!!!!!
Old 07-15-2012, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
Oh my, when I posted the video I was doing it from memory and the person that originally showed me was a kid that was studying to be a preacher.. then I listened to it again after I posted and I was like.. Oh crap that's a lot of swearing, I hope I don't get the boot.. haha. Omg the kitties and these treats. I had the salmon flavored ones but these chicken ones are potent. They had the bag down today. So to keep the little one from eating my computer cords I was going to toss some treats across the rooom but fat boy came over too. so I shook some into each hand and she raced over to his and tried to still his, but I shoved her back over, so I think she literally inhaled 5 pieces in 1 second cause they were gone before he ate 2 pieces and I had to pin her down so he could eat his. She thinks she's starving anyways. Little brat.

Halfway through the book already. I find it very entertaining to see my donut next to my sewing machine. Looks like a snack waiting for me. And when you shove pins in it they look like sprinkles. hehe. It's endlessly amusing. To me anyways.

I haven't finished an actual quilt yet. I've only been really sewing for like 3 months.. well I guess I did a couple baby ones and I'm still slowly working on a top I'm going to donate but I have to find some more red tones that I like to finish another row. It's a four patch on point pattern and I hate the outside triangles on the block. Haven't yet found a good trick to line them up so they meet evenly at the top. I've been busy making a ton of baby stuff for all my friends' babies getting ready to pop out. After that I'll work on quilts for real. And hopefully never mention that I've ever made baby stuff ever again so I won't have to ever make any of it ever again.. hah. So I've never done any quilting, just tie-knotting so far. My mom has always hand quilted so it's what I know and have equipment for at the moment but I like to keep my fingers intact. Saw the video about the aunt becky and was like.. omg I have to have it. Can you tell I'm susceptible to infomercials? I have to find something else to do during commercials or I'll become a hoarder.

Also.. anyone that wants to.. I LOVE berries.. all kinds of berries.. you can unload them on me and if you want to make them into jam first, I'll take that too.

Anastasia, you are a trip!!! I had to lol at your kitty treat story. While I don't actually own a cat, the next door neighbor's cat thinks she owns me. She follows me around like a puppy and will grab my pant leg or get in front of me so I cannot get in the house through the sliding glass doors. She LOVES those treats, so I thought your kitties would, too. Guess I was right, huh? Stella take the bag and throws it around on the patio, trying everything possible to get it to self-open. She is hilarious.

The video was very unusual, but minus the language was entertaining. I tried wathcing the clean version, too, but it was not nearly as amusing, and I quit partway through so I doubt the shoes were as good as in the original.

I have not done a lot of quilting of blocks - preferring art type quilts and I have never done anything with triangles and on point. BUT, I WILL do that someday. And I do not have the patience to hand quilt - I admire you for wanting an Aunt Becky and I hope you get good use out of it. I'm susceptible to Michaels, JoAnns, Beverly, Hobby Lobby, drug stores, and office supply stores!!! I deliberately stay away form infomercials!!!

What kind of baby things do you make? Crocheted items? I have a great baby afghan pattern and am making 2 at once right now. Will post pictures when I'm a bit further along. The pattern was free - even better!!!

Yep, I'm a berry person, also. Hoping I get Krystyna as an SP someday to get some of her specialty jams. OK, time to go deadhead my front yard rose bushes (16 of them) and the bouganvilla that grows like a weed every week!!
Old 07-15-2012, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Thanks everyone for the nice comments..and yes those scrubbies are hard on your hands. Seems I'm either doing those or crocheting dishcloths and hot pads if I don't have a quilt to put binding on. Never made a stilleto before but saw a pic on the board somewhere and decided I'd try. Think I used toooo much glue on the ends, but 1 st try and I don't think the beads will fall off. Best I can say is I tried, thought that counts right. Love this swap, I call it instant satisfaction both ways, sending and receiving. Looking forward to next month already!!!!!

Hahaha. I JUST barely got back from Michaels and Bed, Bath & Beyond to get the "ingredients" to make stilettos. Can't wait. It took me an hour to make a decision on what beads to use. Keeping my fingers crossed that they come out good, but I'm sure I'll be overly generous with the glue, as well, at least the first time or two. That's a project for later after I'm done with yardwork.

I have a scubbie pattern (free from JoAnn's) that is a flower. One of the SP members said they are great for cleaning cutting mats. I have not tried it yet, but intend to.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:17 PM

Tonight this page is on 135. Has anyone else had the page number change to a lower number?
Old 07-15-2012, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
Anastasia, you are a trip!!! I had to lol at your kitty treat story. While I don't actually own a cat, the next door neighbor's cat thinks she owns me. She follows me around like a puppy and will grab my pant leg or get in front of me so I cannot get in the house through the sliding glass doors. She LOVES those treats, so I thought your kitties would, too. Guess I was right, huh? Stella take the bag and throws it around on the patio, trying everything possible to get it to self-open. She is hilarious.

The video was very unusual, but minus the language was entertaining. I tried wathcing the clean version, too, but it was not nearly as amusing, and I quit partway through so I doubt the shoes were as good as in the original.

I have not done a lot of quilting of blocks - preferring art type quilts and I have never done anything with triangles and on point. BUT, I WILL do that someday. And I do not have the patience to hand quilt - I admire you for wanting an Aunt Becky and I hope you get good use out of it. I'm susceptible to Michaels, JoAnns, Beverly, Hobby Lobby, drug stores, and office supply stores!!! I deliberately stay away form infomercials!!!

What kind of baby things do you make? Crocheted items? I have a great baby afghan pattern and am making 2 at once right now. Will post pictures when I'm a bit further along. The pattern was free - even better!!!

Yep, I'm a berry person, also. Hoping I get Krystyna as an SP someday to get some of her specialty jams. OK, time to go deadhead my front yard rose bushes (16 of them) and the bouganvilla that grows like a weed every week!!
Well.. now that the dog has tasted his treats, the kitten also thinks those are hers. The kitten is stalking the dog around the house but then hides when he comes near. She thinks she blends in with laundry. But then when he's not looking, tries to get into his treat bag.
I make my mom put a bag of that brand of treat in every SP box she has that owns a kitty. Hehe I usually make some homemade dog biscuits for her and she puts in some too but am a little too lazy to make for my own. They're time consuming and don't last long if I make them in advance cause my dog is a garbage gut haha.
I don't mind triangles and so far don't lose my points but don't like these outside triangles. I'm wondering if the pattern didn't tell me an incorrect size.. who knows.

I also love office supply stores.. I will wander them for hours just wishing I could bring it all home with me. and craft stores. and fabric stores.

I don't know how to crochet and my knitting is still learning. I made some fleece booties, hats, mittens. Some stuffed toys. Some blankets. some bibs.. I like making the toys. I just hate the sewing them closed after you stuff them. Don't look at my stitches and it's ok haha.

Love free patterns!
Old 07-15-2012, 07:51 PM

what is an aunt becky? and that shoe video was just a bit unique for my taste. i didn't get the whole boy (man) in drag thing. i'm sure it's some subtlety i missed.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:58 PM

Here's a good video (it takes awhile for her to get to the demo) http://jeansimpressions.com/
Old 07-15-2012, 09:09 PM

OFF TOPIC~since many of you on this swap participate I just wanted to let you know that the August FQ swap thread/sign up is posted.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:46 PM

Jaba- I love the dishcloths and hot pads. Thank you...This was my 1st SP swap. Hope to dp better next time
Old 07-16-2012, 12:13 AM

hello ladies, i am here in oregon writing this verrrrrry slowly! we went to the coast today to see the dock that floated in from japan... read about it in newspaper and thought it would make a nice day trip, well making long story shorter... i fell down a flight of stairs while shopping in newport.

I broke both my wrists!!!!!!!!!! so with two fingers i am slowly typing, ut with pain meds and fuzzy brain i am wondering how tough the rest of this trip is going to be... wish they hadan oil for this mess i have managed to get into!!

stitching post my sympthy for you and tumble off horse has totally taken an neew demention...

on another note, typing is majjor apin but I hateeeeee to imagine what sewing is going to be like for next few weeks.
tomottow my mom will come over to hekp me with a few thungs,so wwill be able to communicate wuth her help

URGGGGG... ps thanking GOD ,it is not worse! I could have broken my silly neck~~