Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Batik Block Sampler ~~ Sign-ups Close May 30th, 2012 ~~ >

Batik Block Sampler ~~ Sign-ups Close May 30th, 2012 ~~

Batik Block Sampler ~~ Sign-ups Close May 30th, 2012 ~~

Old 07-16-2012, 06:44 PM

Don't know what to say here, I'm still hoping for the best. I hope this wasn't a big scam on all of us. Found out she does have a facebook page Susan J. Burwell and has a yardsellr.com account. She goes by both names and her last post on facebook was 7-10-12. She has been sent a letter today that she will get tomorrow, so maybe the other QB member I have trying to get ahold of her will hear from her. She is also in the Boomerang Water group with me and very few have received their blocks back but have mailed her all of hers. I'm really kind of numb, just have a hard time imaging someone would do this to so many people.

And to PinkLotus:::: If you are reading this, please say you screwed up and will send us our blocks or just say HA! HA! , at least we'll all know.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:46 PM

I'll be waiting to see what you hear jaba. I appreciate your work on this dilemma.

I went through all the posts and listed all of us who signed up and sent blocks. I may have missed some, but it's a pretty penny. 23 that I see signed up, with 25 reported sets sent in from 14 of us. Some of those who said they sent pm's didn't post on the thread that they'd sent so the count could be higher.

I'm trying to still hope for the best. Maybe she'll hand it all to jaba's friend. Is there a way to check the yardsellr.com history? lol........
Old 07-16-2012, 09:49 PM
Power Poster

I send her a pm on facebook. Jaba did the person living in the Hickory NC area have a chance to stop by pink lotus, Susan's, house over the weekend?
Old 07-16-2012, 10:57 PM

She has been active on Pinterest as well, on 7/6/12. If she can participate on Facebook and Pinterest, she can post here. I've started printing out everything I can find, in case it's needed.

Susan, you need to do the right thing and either send our blocks back immediately, or turn them over to someone else to complete the swap.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:21 AM

Hey Ladies,
I'm not in this swap but I do live closest to PinkLotus. I was unable to make it by her home this weekend but I will for sure this Saturday! I have found some info on her through internet searching and I am trying to make contact first.
So far, no replies. I mailed a letter to her yesterday which should deliver to her today or tomorrow at the latest.
She is also in the Boom 7 group and most have not received block back there either. I will keep you informed and let you know when I head that way. I really want my daughter to go with me just in case... You never know what could happen so I don't really want to go by myself. She works insane hours lately taking advantage of OT so hopefully she isn't working all day Saturday. Keep our fingers crossed!
Old 07-17-2012, 06:26 AM
Power Poster

Quilting krazy thank you for even trying. Hopefully it will resolve before Saturday.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy View Post
Hey Ladies,
I'm not in this swap but I do live closest to PinkLotus. I was unable to make it by her home this weekend but I will for sure this Saturday! I have found some info on her through internet searching and I am trying to make contact first.
So far, no replies. I mailed a letter to her yesterday which should deliver to her today or tomorrow at the latest.
She is also in the Boom 7 group and most have not received block back there either. I will keep you informed and let you know when I head that way. I really want my daughter to go with me just in case... You never know what could happen so I don't really want to go by myself. She works insane hours lately taking advantage of OT so hopefully she isn't working all day Saturday. Keep our fingers crossed!
Krazy, for SURE take someone with you. A male would be my preference. A LARGE large male with a scowl. =)
Old 07-17-2012, 06:41 AM

I asked Quilting Krazy to let you all know what we have been trying to do and am so glad she did. She does work fulltime also, but she is working on it. I just sent her, pinklotus a message on facebook and looked on her yardselr account to see what she had for sell. Mostly crossstitch kits and 1 quilting kit, 12 12 1/2" square blocks, not batiks thank god but daffodils. Now wait. Maybe several of you on here could write the quilting board of this site and let them know what's going on, I feel like I really haven't been a member that long to start bitching already, so please let them know. Could everyone that sent her sets post and let us know how many they sent so we have an idea? I sent in 4 sets of 12.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:02 AM

I cut and pasted PinkLotus's list of swappers from post 101. I will add the info I gathered and info I've received from y'all via PM. Anything typed in CAPS I added. If nothing else, the list will be updated as closely as possible when Pink gets back from her personal dilemma.

Here is everyone I have signed up so far, and the blocks I have received is in red:

- PinkLotus
- dungeonquilter
- Mariposa
- annaquilts SENT 3 SETS
- jaba - Received Blks 4/25 SENT 4 SETS
- atpegsquiltstudio SENT 3 SETS
- moonrise - Received Blks 4/13 SENT 3 SETS
- toriabelle
- Robinlee SENT 1 SET
- Oz & Lily - Received Blks 4/27 SENT 1 SET
- hopetoquilt SENT 2 SETS
- LynnVT SENT 1 SET
- Veronika SENT 1 SET
- QuilterMomma SENT 2 SETS
- CherylW
- Bbemerald SENT 1 SET
- Fraew SENT 1 SET
- Mainewoods Mammie SENT 2 SETS
- simply addicted SENT 1 SET
- SHERIR SENT 2 SETS

TOTAL SETS SENT = 28

If you have corrections to the list, let me know. I didn't add any names of ladies who posted after the post on 101, except my own.

I am hoping still for the best. I hope it isn't a health issue or serious dilemma.

HUGS Girls!!! Let's keep hoping in the positive. <3
Old 07-17-2012, 07:20 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

I'm not a member of this swap but a few of my friends are....

Im sorry this has happened to all of you, I am a swap host and I cannot imagine deliberately scamming anyone... With this being said , no one knows for sure what has happened. I'm sure Patrice has been notified by many of the swappers and is doin all that she can to aide in this. Calling out to QB members in pink lotus's location is a great start. Please remember to be safe when doin so and keep yourself out of harms way..

I read her blog- it states she is a cancer survivor, wife and mother.....