Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Batik Block Sampler ~~ Sign-ups Close May 30th, 2012 ~~ >

Batik Block Sampler ~~ Sign-ups Close May 30th, 2012 ~~

Batik Block Sampler ~~ Sign-ups Close May 30th, 2012 ~~

Old 07-17-2012, 07:24 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
I just sent her, pinklotus a message on facebook and looked on her yardselr account to see what she had for sell. Mostly crossstitch kits and 1 quilting kit, 12 12 1/2" square blocks, not batiks thank god but daffodils.
The blocks posted are the same pattern as Churn dash churning out Spring a swap hosted by Deb Watkins. Maybe pink lotus made an extra set to sell. The ones I received were of a different pattern. There is nothing wrong with her selling those.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:29 AM

Thank you all for everything! I wish I lived close. I think a large man and a large dog are starting to feel about right for this task. Still hoping for the best as I can be pretty patient...but starting to get a little rough around the edges!

Can someone PM me the yard seller account info please? I don't want it posted here because we certainly don't want to send business that way...not yet anyway.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:46 AM

Sherir, I have the same number, also have quiltbaby, dungeonquilter, mariposa, toriabelle, cherylw, but don't know how many they sent.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt View Post
I'm not a member of this swap but a few of my friends are....

Im sorry this has happened to all of you, I am a swap host and I cannot imagine deliberately scamming anyone... With this being said , no one knows for sure what has happened. I'm sure Patrice has been notified by many of the swappers and is doin all that she can to aide in this. Calling out to QB members in pink lotus's location is a great start. Please remember to be safe when doin so and keep yourself out of harms way..

I read her blog- it states she is a cancer survivor, wife and mother.....
Me too luvTooQuilt. Several of my past swappers are in this one too. I couldn't imagine not sending swap stuff back. I'm so sorry this is happening to y'all. Wish I could help. As luv stated, whoever goes, make sure you go with someone, do NOT go alone. Be safe and go during daylight hours. Be on your guard.

Just keep in mind that life does get in the way sometimes, whether we want it to or not. Take a deep breath. Keep collecting the data y'all have with who signed up, who sent in, etc. SheriR and jaba, y'all are doing good getting information. Good luck and I'll keep good thoughts that she will resurface or you will each get a package back with your stuff in it. Hugs and Quilty Love!!!
Old 07-17-2012, 09:30 AM

Sherir, I have the same number, also have quiltbaby, dungeonquilter, mariposa, toriabelle, cherylw, but don't know how many they sent.
Jaba,
Those are the names I have too. If they sent her blocks I hope they let us know so we can help pink have an updated list. PM me if you'd like. Also it will help if you saved your postage info. I send everything with a tracking number and found my receipt. I don't know if we're to the point yet where one of us should keep more details?
Old 07-17-2012, 09:59 AM

I do have mine and going back pinklotus has confirmed herself that she received the blocks. I think most are covered. But do keep a record and I will too, that way maybe we won't miss anything. Thanks for stepping up. I'm just sick about this, if I'd let myself I'd be in tears....Makes me a little wary of other swaps and I don't want to go there.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:10 AM
Power Poster

I'm just sick about this, if I'd let myself I'd be in tears....Makes me a little wary of other swaps and I don't want to go there.
...and that is the sad part. I feel the same. I have several swaps not work out but fortunately it was mostly of just one block. One was of a small walhanging but so is life. It did cross my mind before I signed up but since it was a centralized swap with a known active board member I went for it.

Last edited by Annaquilts; 07-17-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
...and that is the sad part. I feel the same. I have several swaps not work out but fortunately it was mostly of just one block. One was of a small walhanging but so is life. It did cross my mind before I signed up but since it was a centralized swap with a known active board member I went for it.
Same here, but this was my 2nd swap and 1st to not work as planned. We frequently send stuff out into the world and don't expect reciprocation or to ever see it again. In this case, I couldn't wait to get it back. At this point, I'd be happy just to get all of mine back.

Big sad face.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:48 AM
Power Poster

Hi All, I had signed up for this swap, but had to drop out at the last. I never did send any blocks. I do hope this situation is remedied in a positive manner.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:58 AM

The key right now is QuiltingKrazy being able to go to her home and make sure she lives there. Maybe Susan or someone there will hand the packages over. As soon as we hear about that we'll know what our next move should be. Rejoicing or compiling information for further action. Everyone get your info together just incase, but I'm still hoping for the best.