Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST >

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

Old 07-17-2012, 03:21 AM
Swap Hosts

Catching up ... Marcialee, I sure hope your package comes soon! I'll keep you company on the bench.

TheMamaHauser, so glad you liked your package. I have a few more things that I forgot to put in and will get them off to you soon. Whatever that little pupster is, she is a cutie.

Rosemary, what nice fabric you received! I see you got your favorite Mentos, too! Cute, cute, cute monkey. I think he needs a sweet little baby to curl up under him.

Nice package, Grammy J! I see you were the lucky recipient of a thread holder, too!

Crafty Grammie, Celia B really made some nice choices. That panel is gorgeous.

Nexxus, I am such a disorganized person with too many irons in the fire that there has been more than one instance where I forgot to put in a card. So, it's not just you. Although, as sewbeadit said, sometimes you just want to be really secret.

Sewbeadit, Annt59 sent you a lovely package. I see you got the "gotta have it" 1/4" seam guide. Nice fabric, too!

Wanda Lou, great package you received. Is that a little fob I see?

Segasal, now you have ME confused! Fat finger syndrome? Oooof! That sounds awful! But so happy that Meadow will be your new guide.

Twinkie, how horrible! All of you ladies had better start taking better care of yourselves and watch your step!!!

Last edited by Krystyna; 07-17-2012 at 03:32 AM.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:01 AM

Good morning all! Can't believe since yesterday I logged on and I had more pages to view but they were wonderful to see all the packages coming in.
Kelly very nice package you received. Marybeth I hope you heal soon. With both wrists like that it must be daunting and painful. Sharon Anne love those stilettos! Krystyna, love that nail brush monkey! Great package you received! Ladybug I can how you would think of Krystyna! lol! Cute Monkey quilt! Well my sewing room is coming along as far as unpacking goes. Once done I"ll post pics of the room. Didn't realize how daunting moving all of that would be but I'm stable now and will be renting this home for a good long time. Everyone have a great day!
Old 07-17-2012, 04:32 AM

Prayers and well wishes go out to you,hope you mend quickly.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 View Post
I got my package today, don't know who the person is. But her last name is McDonald, no note or anything inside...
Got 3 really nice panes, which will make up into 3 sets of stockings and one is a full wall hanging the other is a narrow one... There was a piece of Pink Batik and 2 FQ's of other material... a roll of fruit mentos and a 3 compartment trinket box...
Thank you so much... God Bless Rosemary
Sorry Rosemary!! LOL, I'm so forgetful these days. I'm glad you liked it all, sorry I couldn't get the compressed air can in there. I was bummed Dang airlines anyway. When I left Vegas last month, I couldn't bring my raspberry vinigarette either, so the guy looking through my bag got it. HA! Anyway, I said he could have it. Thanks bunches for the feedback.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:02 AM

Normally I do take and post pictures, but didn't this time. I did, however acknowledge that I'd received the package, as was mentioned when my SP sender posted the pictures that she, fortunately, had taken! Thanks, Rosemary, for thinking to do that. Before I send packages, I sometimes take a picture, mostly for myself, but it works out well when for, whatever reason the receiver can't – for whatever reason – can’t a picture.

As far as not getting prompt responses - sometimes people might be away (my package was waiting for me when we returned from our daughter's house) so might not even know it is there. Sometimes life gets in the way... Working full time, having some personal health issues, etc., I know that days sometimes go by and I seem to get nothing I'd planned done. And honestly, I didn't expect the number of posts on this thread - there's no way I can keep up with them!

For those I offended with not getting my PM out when I should have, or not posting a picture this time, I apologize. I've just joined the postage stamp swap, so know know I will have to be more vigilant about following the thread and double checking the rules.

Hope everyone is staying cool and comfortable where they are; we are expecting a record high again today. Enjoy your day and the remaining swaps!

Peace and Joy,
Robin
Old 07-17-2012, 08:21 AM

Krystyna,

Fat finger syndrome is when you are typing to quick and you hit the wrong key and do not notice that you did it in the first place.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:37 AM

[QUOTE=twinkie;5371512]Marybeth, I can surely relate to your accident. I missed a step and fell on the stairs at a State Lodge on April 23. The drs said I would have been better off to have broken bones than what I did. I shredded my right rotator cuff and bicep tendon and damaged the rotator cuff (they don't know how bad until they operate tomorrow) and both knees. It will be my 3rd surgery in 3 months. Next time if I fall, I will take it in the face. No more 4 point landings. Hope you heal very soon. Not being able to quilt is for the birds. GOD Bless

Ouch!! I feel really bad for you. I had Rotator cuff surgery in October. Horrible. MIL had it a few months before that and had absolutely no issues. Came home the same day. I, on the other hand, was in hosp for 2 days, then stayed with DD for 5. Hopefully yours will be one of the easy ones. Keep us posted, please. Prayers with you.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:46 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by SEGASAL View Post
Krystyna,

Fat finger syndrome is when you are typing to quick and you hit the wrong key and do not notice that you did it in the first place.
Ahhhh. I thought it was something to do with browning, but I understood perfectly.
Argghhhh. Now I sound like MsCupid!!!
Old 07-17-2012, 08:52 AM

Segasal, I have fat fingers, too!! But they need to come up with something to call it when your smartphone decides to change a word when you type it. I absolutely shudder sometimes it I post before checking, cause it can be embarrassing.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:31 AM

I dont what i did buto cant get into the chat room ,icando everything else onhere. ,ot keeps tellin me iamnot log in but iamon here any one else havin problemsw