Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST >

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

Old 07-17-2012, 04:46 PM

Lori so sorry to hear about your neighbor! Thoughts and prayers go out to your neighbors family and all of you who knew him. Such a devastating way to lose someone. Hope you're up and feeling better really soon!
Old 07-17-2012, 06:13 PM

SP, your pkg is expected delivery Thursday. Tracking #03120090000110231924. Or was that my DQ pkg? Hummmmmmm! Snicker snicker.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:17 PM

I thought for sure my SP package would arrive today (Saturday deadline plus 3 days travel time to reach it's destination). But nothing in my mailbox....I will have to stalk the postman. Anyone keeping me company???
Old 07-17-2012, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by leiladylei54 View Post
I thought for sure my SP package would arrive today (Saturday deadline plus 3 days travel time to reach it's destination). But nothing in my mailbox....I will have to stalk the postman. Anyone keeping me company???
Good things come to those who wait? hehehe.. I just checked the tracking on mine and sheesh they have a few more days before my SPs will get them, but I am truly hoping that the wait is well worth it
Old 07-17-2012, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by leiladylei54 View Post
you know leiladylei i don't think everyone ships their packages priority mail so the 3 days wouldn't apply or it could be coming from over the river or..... you just never know.

i am still waiting for mine but i am a patient woman. after today i will not be checking my mail again until monday. hopefully my package will be here by then.

Last edited by Havplenty; 07-17-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:53 PM

Que looks like our TitTat.. my sister's kitty. Looks exactly like that.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Anastasia, I am so sorry about your pup. Years ago that happened to a golden lab we had. It was like she had a stroke or something since she was relatively young. It was heart breaking.
That might have been a spinal embolism. Generally if it's acute and they cry out right before they go paralyzed it's probably an embolism. But his is semi acute but it didn't happen in a snap like that and no crying out that I heard. So it's probably the disc. Shot him up with some dexamethasone (cortisone shot) to settle down everything in there, and tomorrow I can start him on pain pills. Poor boy. He's 8.5 and I just had to put his mom down in april. Don't want to think about him not recovering from this. We re-check in a week. He's adapted to scooting fairly well but it's hard on us both. Building up my arm muscles! haha. Hopefully there is improvement in a week because there's no way I can do the $3000 surgery that is necessary otherwise. *sigh*
Old 07-17-2012, 09:08 PM

Default July Swap Package from Deby - aka - 3NorwichTerr

Received the nicest package from Deby - aka 3NorwichTerr; looking forward to trying out the flavored coffees (Milkyway, Snickerdoodle and a House Blend) and read my new suspense novel - Patricia Cornwell - Port Mortuary. Deby included an extra large clothespin to hold my recipes/patterns while I'm working on something or just to put a photo in - she included postcards from Ohio - the Buckeye State.
The batik fabrics are perfect and will fit in nicely with my current small stash. There is also patterns to make a catch-all bag and oven mits (my daughter-in-law is hoping for mits); Deby also tossed in some hand sanitizer, a note pad for my purse, scissors and retractable tool leash, a JoAnn Fabric reusable tote bag and a fishing santa ornament (looks like Santa caught himself some nice bluegills).
Thank you again Deby for such a nice package.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	July Secret Pal - resized photo.JPG
Views:	521
Size:	717.5 KB
ID:	349905  
Old 07-17-2012, 11:17 PM
Power Poster

I am sitting in front of the computer at 2:05 a.m. waiting for DH to get up. I thought I would try to post a picture of my SP package I received from Shawnna. It was awesome. Better do it now as we will be leaving for the hospital (1 hour away) at 4:15 a.m. as I will be having my third surgery in 3 months time. It will be at 5:30 this morning and I am asking for your prayers. Now here is the picture.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]349914[/ATTACH]
Package included the cutest "Magic" wallet that she made with frogs on it, a mug rug with fruit on it (I never saw some of this material before) and a hot pad with more fruit. Great job. Then there were 2 spools of Presencia thread, a jar of lucious peach jam, a gadget called "The Purple Thang" and a wooden iron with butterflies on it. Thanks so much Shawnna. The package was great and I can surely use everything you sent.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	July SP package.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	349914  

Last edited by twinkie; 07-17-2012 at 11:21 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:32 AM

Nice packages coming in. Marybeth I hope you get better soon! Lori sorry to hear about your neighbor, prayers sent your way for him and his family. About 3 days ago I was taking out a pizza from the oven and my wrist touched the upper rack, needless to say burning my skin. Not until two days ago did I see it start getting very read. I put Neosporin on it and yesterday it started scabby but since I wash dishes and all and wet, well it got infected. I have gauze now and bacitrin ointment while at work and for some of the day I need to keep it dry. But I'll be ok.