Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
recommend LQS between Austin and Dallas >

recommend LQS between Austin and Dallas

recommend LQS between Austin and Dallas

Old 07-16-2012, 11:18 AM

Anything not on I-35 would be great. I saw a 6 car pile-up last time I was driving that way. Getting off at Salado would be good, if I take that route, but off the beaten path is what I am hoping for. I will check out the Honey Bee when I am back in town.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:14 PM

Oh, man the one in Lewisville on Fox Ave is wonderful. You can go nuts in there.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:50 PM

I stuck to the i-35 route after all.

I stopped at A Sewing Basket in Salado. It is right next to I-35 and it is cute and the ladies there were cute. I got some fat quarters there. Lots of themeatic fabric. I got to see some fabric that I had considered when searching online. Realized when viewing it in person that it had metalic ink that I didn't recognize from photos. They had a notice posted about not being open on Sundays for, I guess, the rest of the summer.

I stopped in Lewisville at Quilt Country. Nice stop and very easy as the Fox Avenue exit coming south on I-35 puts you right there, but really it is on Stemmons Freeway. It is in the shopping center that faces the freeway as you take the Fox Ave. exit. It was a big store with a couple dozen quilts on display around the walls to inspire and lots of fabric. I got some fat quarters there too and verigated machine quilting thread. I thought about trying to find the Honey Bee on my way back in to town, but two quilt shops in one day is probably enough.

Last edited by jaspersu; 07-19-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:36 PM

In Round Rock just off I 35 at Gatis School Road is Austin Sewing and Vaccum. Nice quilt store there and lots of sewing machines.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:12 PM
bjg

Originally Posted by jaspersu View Post
I'll be driving through central Texas on my way to Oklahoma. Does anyone have a favorite fabric store that would make a good stop for me or would be worth a detour?
There are several ways to go from Austin to the Dallas -Ft worth area. If you go "my way" The Flying Needle in Stephenville is vey good. Ann, the owner has just announced she is closing (much grief in S'ville) and she is starting with everything in store 30 % off. She plans to take her time and sell out.
She is on the net. Next is Granbury--- interesting little town with shop on the square. Ft Worth is next with the Berry Patch and the Cabbage Patch, both good. Lots of shops in the area.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by bjg View Post
There are several ways to go from Austin to the Dallas -Ft worth area. If you go "my way"
That route to the west is the way to go for sure!