Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST >

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

Old 07-24-2012, 04:51 AM

Fay what a great painting! Very good work I used to be able to draw pretty well from another picture, if you k now what I mean. When my DD was young I took a picture from her coloring book and painted it life size on her wall, she loved it! Don't think I can do that anymore.

~ Krystyna what has happened to jauntymelissa?
Old 07-24-2012, 05:30 AM

Fayzer - took a look at your paintings. They are beautiful (so peaceful and serene - just what I needed to jumpstart a workday). When things get tense, I'll think of your ocean pics and the beautiful flowers, etc. Thanks for putting them on here.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:43 AM

Faye, beautiful paintings!! I have absolutely NO Talent in that type of stuff. Lori, my DSIL and I painted a floor to ceiling rendition of the big red dog on my DGS's wall. It looked like he was peeking out from behind the door when It was open. You could see it through the window coming up the side road, looked pretty cool and the kids just loved it.
Krystyna, you were just doing your job, and quite well I might ad. The rules clearly state the PM's are REQUIRED! It only makes sense. How else do we/you know they even saw them!! FCOL!!
Old 07-24-2012, 06:11 AM

All I can say is "OH MY GOODNESS". I went in and looked at Faye's paintings last night on my NOOK, but the pictues were small and I couldn't see the details. I went back in and looked on my large screen at work. What beautiful pictures. The detail is absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!! The little colored specks in the sand, and OH the detail in the wheat field! You are absolutely entitled to a showing of your work. And to think, someday I will be able to say "I knew Faye through the QB, back before she was famous". Good job Faye.

I see I have back to back posts. LOL Just note that there was 20 minutes or so between them, just enough time to go to her profile and look. LOL
Old 07-24-2012, 06:53 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
Fay what a great painting! Very good work I used to be able to draw pretty well from another picture, if you k now what I mean. When my DD was young I took a picture from her coloring book and painted it life size on her wall, she loved it! Don't think I can do that anymore.

~ Krystyna what has happened to jauntymelissa?
The Jaunty One and my son have been working around the clock - such is life in a beach community - you have to make money before the tourists go home. I rarely see either of them these days unless it is quickly in passing.

In between there are wedding preps. They just did part of their registry and lucky me! I had a 30% off coupon for some gifts at Kohl's ... and Kohl's cash, too! Not so lucky me ... gigantic boxes are now filling up my living room. Something else to figure out ...

She ordered her wedding dress which is gorgeous and soon I will get to work on the veil. The first and last time I will do a veil for a bride!

I need to get to work on the wedding favors.

And their quilt ...
Old 07-24-2012, 06:58 AM

just stopping by to say hi, did I read that aug is taking name... yippie, we are heading home, we are about half way, going very slow~ but will be home in time to go to long beach show! Lucky girl who ever i get for secret pal this month!

I am doing much better, i even got dressed all by my self this morning, I am such a big girl now
Old 07-24-2012, 07:34 AM

Krystyna -- unzip it. Nothing wrong with what you said. We all like to see and hear about what's being swapped. I get excited for recipients and also get ideas when I see all the handmade goodies. It's a "Why didn't I think of that?", "What a great idea!", or "I really like that" sort of thing. That and just being nosey. I like to know my recipient appreciates the time, money, and thought I put into my packages enough to at least acknowledge it -- isn't that just plain courtesy?

Thanx for the compliment on my furbaby -- Fiona is a rescue. Dumped off at a vet's office at nite, hairless and put into a shoebox with eyes barely opened. She has her issues caused by her early "puppyhood" and questionable parentage, but can still make me laugh at times. She's just another reminder of irresponsible pet owners (and breeders).

I think the heat has everyone wiped out. Everything I try to do takes extra effort. Afternoon siestas are becoming the norm in my life. Between that and vacation plans, I'm sure that's why things seem "subdued". I'm saddened by all the health problems out there and urge y'all to take care of yourselves, think positive thoughts, and know there are many thinking of you and hoping you feel better soon.

Try to stay cool (and for those down here in the south, try to stay dry).
Old 07-24-2012, 08:21 AM
Swap Hosts

Marybeth, so glad you're coming along and glad you were able to dress yourself! But you KNOW the question I have about whether or not you need help with ... Never mind.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:31 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana View Post
Krystyna -- unzip it. Nothing wrong with what you said. We all like to see and hear about what's being swapped. I get excited for recipients and also get ideas when I see all the handmade goodies. It's a "Why didn't I think of that?", "What a great idea!", or "I really like that" sort of thing. That and just being nosey. I like to know my recipient appreciates the time, money, and thought I put into my packages enough to at least acknowledge it -- isn't that just plain courtesy?
Nancy, you summed it up perfectly! Aside from being nosey I love seeing the handmade goodies. Have you noticed that once someone makes something terrific we all want to try it? I've also learned about -- and received -- so many wonderful contraptions that I never knew about -- and that have made my quilting experience so very much better.

Poor Fiona! Love the name. I'm glad she has a good spoily mama now!

As for the afternoon blahs ... I've got them, too. To a degree it's a matter of not getting enough sleep -- and having sleep interrupted by Daisy Mae who loves to bark her nose off when Blaze and Melissa come home well after midnight. If she jumps off the bed she can't get back up and moans and scrapes at my bed until I try to pick her up. Of course, that means play time and she hides under the bed. When I finally get her up (yes, it is unthinkable that she should sleep in her perfectly lovely dog bed) she will be quiet until the sun comes up around 5:00 am. Then I get poked with her pointy little nose until I move. It is necessary to stay completely still -- maybe she will think I am dead -- if not, she decides it is time to play bite whatever moves. She thinks I like to play like a dog. At 5:00 am. She is wrong. *YAWN*
Old 07-24-2012, 10:44 AM

Faye, I so love the painting that you posted on the thread here!!! I know if I lived closer I would be buying one and placing it in my living room ... it would go perfectly well with my antique theme living room. You do such awesome work!