Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
need some opinions on this border please! white flag here! :) >

need some opinions on this border please! white flag here! :)

need some opinions on this border please! white flag here! :)

Old 07-25-2012, 08:17 AM

I agree with the others. to busy on the borders. what about a darker blue (sashing) around the outside about 2.5 inches then a light blue (about 4 to 6 inches) depending on the size of the quilt.(the same color as your sashing) I think that would not take away from your wonderful quilt
Old 07-25-2012, 08:17 AM

I would like it without a border, unless you need the quilt to be bigger. Maybe just a dark blue binding to pull it together...can't wait to see what you decide.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:20 AM

no Tartan it has to be that wide to make it fit. i dont have enough of anything to make another border. but while i was doing dishes i just ran in here wiping my hands on my shirt and thinking hey! tell me what you think a cream color border would look like with some appliqued flowers, etc here and there on it would look like? im taking the binding and scrapping it like the quilt so i will bring in some outer color. whatcha think???? a woman's best work is while daydreaming out the kitchen window! okay well this might not be a good idea but i can throw it in. your ideas are all fabulous thank you so much!
Old 07-25-2012, 08:20 AM

piano keys?????
Old 07-25-2012, 08:27 AM

i would use a narrow cream/ off white border. then narrow the blue down. so it would be the solid blue, cream and blue print. that is what i would do.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana View Post
I think either print could work if you put a brighter, stopper border between the last blue strip & either blue fabric you show there. I would go through my stash & look for all yellow, orange, red, bright purple fabrics you have that could be a stopper border. Put that strip between the center of the quilt & then put your two fabrics on the outside. Do you like any of them? I have to back off about 10 ft to really see how the finished quilt would look. Up close, a lot of them look good. lol
That's my thoughts too. I think the blue is fine as long as you have a separator color. I would go for a yellowish white ...narrower border......and then use the blue.

Copy your pic to Paint program and play with colors.
You can choose a color and edit that color so that it's lighter, darker, more luminosity...whatever!
I do this all the time now and have great fun. ( Thanks to Rose_P).
Only problem I have is that I keep changing my mind about what color to use. LOL.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:44 AM

I'm with the folks who vote against your first print. I, too, think it detracts from the gorgeous quilt. Too busy. The quilt itself is fabulous!!
Old 07-25-2012, 08:45 AM

I like the idea of using a scrappy type border with the fabrics used throughout the quilt. The more I look at the picture the print is ok, but just ok.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:45 AM

I agree With Tartan. The border seems too wide.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:46 AM

Hi,
Your quilt is beautiful, good job!!! I like the border you selected (1st pic) and I would just add a small 1 inch inner boarder to frame it a little more. Maybe in white or pink. Regardless, your quilt is beautiful. You are so close to done and you did a super job.