Lets share cute stories...

Old 08-10-2012, 04:16 AM

Another one! Son Jeff, wanted to go "Back Side" (Back out side to play with neighbor), and when I had said "No, it is nap time" he gave me the glare! "Who do you think is the boss here?" Jeff responded "Daddy" !!!
Old 08-10-2012, 04:58 AM

My daughter was about 5. When she came home from Sunday School we asked her what she learned. She said they learned about "a kiss in the trees." It was many years later when we finally realized that she was talking about Zachais in the trees. That was a hard one. LOL
Old 08-10-2012, 05:12 AM

One of my nephews was spending the night and bought over a fire engine to play with but he needed batteries. He asked if I had any so I looked around and found some. He was so excited and told me that I was "so yucky'!!!!{lucky} because I had batteries!!!
Old 08-10-2012, 05:35 AM

My family back home calls me Mary Lou, but when I was pregnant for my first son, my two year old niece called me " Aunt Belly Lou" since she was just learning to talk! Everyone thought it was appropriate, and the name still comes up every now and then!!!
Old 08-10-2012, 05:51 AM

These are so cute I just have to tell about my grandson, now 21 years old. When he was around 2 or 3, he loved anything with a battery that he could turn on and play with. We had kept him over the weekend and were on our way to deliver him back to his mon and dad, which was about a two hour drive from our house. He had been doing very good with the potty training so when he announced on the drive home that he needed to use the potty, we pulled over to the side of the highway (no homes around) and set him out so he could proceed taking care of his business. After a minute or so with no result he exclaimed "Won't work - no batteries".
Old 08-10-2012, 09:44 AM

One day I had baked a ham in the oven. I decided to bake a cake while the oven was still hot. The cake was cooling while we ate dinner. I started to clean up the dishes and countertop so that I would have a place to do the cake. My youngest son, about 3 at the time, asked when he could have dessert. Told him I was cleaning a spot for it. He took a chair over to the refrigerator and proceeded to take ice out of the freezer. He took one of the cake layers and started rubbing the ice on the cake. I asked him what he was doing. "I'm icing the cake Mom!"
Old 08-10-2012, 10:17 AM

When my daughter attended Kindergarten, she often bought her lunch; she enjoyed trying "new" food. In the evenings, we'd ask what she'd had for lunch. A few of her answers were "chicken on a stick" and "a chip that was folded and you pretend it's a sandwich."
Old 08-10-2012, 12:44 PM

My turn! My turn! I am from Upstate New York and my husband is from Kentucky. His whole family has a southern accent and I, of course, have no accent at all. When we were first married, one day he asked me for a "pin." Being a bit of a sewer, I asked him "a straight pin or a safety pin?" He said "a pin you wrahte with." (A pen you write with!!!)
Old 08-10-2012, 01:13 PM

My 4 year old DGS was here staying with me. We had lunch and then, I gave him chocolate pudding.....he had it all over his face but he loved the pudding. I washed his face and said "Oh my! There is a kid under all this pudding!" He looked at me with big eyes and asked "Who?" I still laugh when I think about it.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:56 PM

We recently had the pleasure of keeping our 3 yo Olivia for the week end. She had been sleeping with Mommy and Daddy in their king sized bed. Yes, they are trying to get her in her very special bed that Daddy made her. Later in the day she asked me if she could sleep with me. I said I sleep with Pa. So she asked if she could sleep with us, I told her the bed was to small. She then asked if I would sleep with her so I told her I would, but here's the deal. You have to go to bed when it's your bed time and I'll come in when it's my bed time and no crying. I reminded her I get up a lot to potty and if I was missing all she had to do was say "Mimi are you in the bathroom" and I will answer "yes, Olivia I'll be right there". So she then says to me. "If you wake up and I'm not there I'll be in the bathroom and you can say "Olivia are you in the bathroom?" Then I'll say (Olivia talking) yes, Mimi I'll be right there". Like I wouldn't feel her crawling all over me. She is a precious one. BTW, last night she slept in her bed by herself at home.