Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST >

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

Old 08-15-2012, 11:56 AM

Okay ladies here goes............ I am mailing off 2 SS packages today: (sorry for the delay in getting the off, but our DD has been in and out of the hospital 2x just this week & it's ONLY Wednesday!) PLUS I am getting for weight loss surgery myself tomorrow!!! WOOOHOOO

ANyway: here goes for hints....teehehe this is so much fun!
One, lives in the SAME state as I do, and her zip adds up to 26, & I don;t know her last name b/c she didn't leave it in her profile!!
The 2nd one is going to the NE of me, and she was very through in her profile (I REALLY liked this as it helps to really know how to 'fix' their goodie box just for them!) ANd her zip adds up to: 15

OHHHHH who is it????? Is it YOU???? :
Old 08-15-2012, 12:08 PM

Okay I also got one of my packages in the mail today from Regina Muli: It was over flowing with goodies.
A Fabric Trends Magazine (Ive never seen one of these) this one will go to the hosptial with me tomorow,
Several kinds of fabric in various colors and prints, a cute wrist 'watch' pin cushion. Pillowcase pattern and material to make it. A BLING BLING lime green bracelet, and a GORGEOUS grape with grape leaf broche. THANK YOU SO MUCH Regina!!!
Old 08-15-2012, 12:15 PM

still waiting on my second package....
Old 08-15-2012, 01:00 PM

Went to my mailbox today and received a big surprise. Got my pkg today all the way from Knitette in Scotland. You know the saying "Good things come in small packages" it was certainly true with Eileen. Will post pictures tonight so you can all see. Thank you again Knitette.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by LAQUITA View Post
Okay ladies here goes............ I am mailing off 2 SS packages today: (sorry for the delay in getting the off, but our DD has been in and out of the hospital 2x just this week & it's ONLY Wednesday!) PLUS I am getting for weight loss surgery myself tomorrow!!! WOOOHOOO

ANyway: here goes for hints....teehehe this is so much fun!
One, lives in the SAME state as I do, and her zip adds up to 26, & I don;t know her last name b/c she didn't leave it in her profile!!
The 2nd one is going to the NE of me, and she was very through in her profile (I REALLY liked this as it helps to really know how to 'fix' their goodie box just for them!) ANd her zip adds up to: 15

OHHHHH who is it????? Is it YOU???? :
OH OH OH OH... it's MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! My zip adds up to 26 and I'm in the same state (But gosh doggit, I knows I included my last name on the profile?? Dangit)

and Good Luck w/your surgery tomar!
Old 08-15-2012, 01:19 PM

After several rounds of tests at the heart Dr's orders, echocardiogram and doppler on my carotid (sp) arteries and a stress test today it looks like I am going to make it after all. I have some blockage in the carotid arteries and blood pressure is high. No salt when cooking and no salt but on food after it is served, have to buy blood pressure monitor and take it twice a day and go back in 4 months.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:33 PM

Glad to hear you will be around awhile Lori But seriously thank god it was nothing more serious. Happy for that news. You can cook with so many spices you won't miss salt at all. Do a Google search. It is amazing how much food has salt in in truly. I cut down on it and it helped me so much. Good luck to you .
Old 08-15-2012, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
After several rounds of tests at the heart Dr's orders, echocardiogram and doppler on my carotid (sp) arteries and a stress test today it looks like I am going to make it after all. I have some blockage in the carotid arteries and blood pressure is high. No salt when cooking and no salt but on food after it is served, have to buy blood pressure monitor and take it twice a day and go back in 4 months.

Lori - I cook with very little salt if any and mainly use herbs; Mrs Dash is good on food when served; onion and garlic powder are better than their cousins onion and garlic salt; a little dill weed on salads - you will come through this with flying colors and in no time your blood pressure be normal.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:53 PM

Oh is it me? My zip adds up to 15!
Old 08-15-2012, 01:57 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by Beeboop71 View Post
Here it comes here it comes....track message.....OUT FOR DELIVERY!!!
I got it! I knew it was mine when you told me how many miles away it was from you...I miss NYC and NJ and that was clue enough! I love it, love it, love it! Thanks soooooo much!

Pkg was STUFFED full of wonderful things...a NY keychain, a new quilt magazine,patterns, a shop hop "Row by Row", a book about Mr. Peach..he loves it!.., cocctail napkin holder, a tissue case, great fabric (1/2 yd cuts), clothes pins, post-it notes, a notebook with a shore picture, a precious little quilt with a cat, sox and a NY postcard..Oh my goodness. I am thrilled to death!!! Sharon (luvstoquilt)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1834.JPG
Views:	365
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	355704  

Last edited by luvstoquilt; 08-15-2012 at 02:03 PM. Reason: add photo