Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weeding out bookmarked sites >

Weeding out bookmarked sites

Weeding out bookmarked sites

Old 08-16-2012, 05:42 AM

how do you delete articles/pictures you have saved as a blog???? I tried to do that last night and could not figure it out. and how do you get on Pinterest??
Old 08-16-2012, 06:41 AM

To delete "favorites" highlight the one you want to delete, right click on the mouse and it will give you a list of options. Click on delete and it is gone. Also there is only so much room in favorites, so the oldest one will drop off when you add a new one that is over the limit. I have noticed also that when you go to a favorite, sometimes, it is no longer available on the internet.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Corky View Post
I have a mac and there is a free program like One Note for macs. Its called Growly Notes.

How else do you use your One Notes? I am interested.
I use it primarily to keep track of projects I want to do. I have tabs for sewing, needlework, crochet, quilting tutorials, ideas for projects with my GD. It's a creative storage place for me. I think it might also be very well used as a personal recipe book. What are some of the things you do with Growly?
Old 08-17-2012, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by gmcsewer View Post
To delete "favorites" highlight the one you want to delete, right click on the mouse and it will give you a list of options. Click on delete and it is gone. Also there is only so much room in favorites, so the oldest one will drop off when you add a new one that is over the limit. I have noticed also that when you go to a favorite, sometimes, it is no longer available on the internet.
thanks for your answer....will try it
Old 08-17-2012, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by MattieMae View Post
It was getting hard to find things in my lists of saved sites. If there is such a thing as a website collector/hoarder, I guess I qualify. My sewing, quilting, blogs, and garden categories had over a hundred names in each.

I decided to do some weeding out, and was dismayed to discover that some of the sites were no longer there. The information, tutorials, and photos that I thought I could rely upon for future use were gone. I am so bummed out!

I'm a book mark hoarder also. Half of them I don't even know why I saved in the first place!
Old 08-19-2012, 07:59 AM

Well I am a "horder" also. Before I read this I was just cleaning out my favorites. One whole folder named hobby was just deleted because I knew I would never look at some of those websites. I have 5 years of saved stuff. Why?????????? Is it a sickness?? I will never make all of those patterns, etc. I also have 3 small totes with saved patterns and ideas. I think I need a Twelve Step Program". LOL It seems fun and necessary at the time.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:00 AM

Thanks, I wasn't aware that you could make notes.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by tangledthreads View Post
Well I am a "horder" also. Before I read this I was just cleaning out my favorites. One whole folder named hobby was just deleted because I knew I would never look at some of those websites. I have 5 years of saved stuff. Why?????????? Is it a sickness?? I will never make all of those patterns, etc. I also have 3 small totes with saved patterns and ideas. I think I need a Twelve Step Program". LOL It seems fun and necessary at the time.
Just love the idea of a 12 step program for hoarders. I think I need to join. But first I need to save all the stuff I need to save. LOL Also I save some things as mail saved in AOL jut set up your files and hoard away. That way they don't get trash if your computer crashes or gets a virus.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:44 PM

I also have too many old emails. Do you all clean your email out? Or just let it get fuller?
Old 08-25-2012, 06:57 AM

I had forgotten all about my old email stash. I go through the email when received, then file the "good" stuff away in mail folders. My eBay and Amazon folders have bid confirmations from 2009. Thanks for the housekeeping reminder CindyA.

I got real mail from my boyfriend after he was drafted and was in boot camp. I saved every letter until the man I married years later found them with my prom pictures and chucked the letters. I remember the smell of the stationery and ink and his really lousy penmanship. I wonder if men still write love letters, or just email them.