Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST >

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

Old 08-19-2012, 05:48 PM

still waiting chasing the mailman tomorrow and feeling great atm , awesome packages coming in wow, i would love a new homeade blankey my basement caught fire and everything was smoke damaged nice favorite one gone i couldnt get it cleaned chared little to .....oh well I hope everyone is having a great summer ~god bless~ Jess
Old 08-19-2012, 06:10 PM

Default Thanks so so much Sharon Anne

[ATTACH=CONFIG]356720[/ATTACH]

I received an amazing secret pal package from Sharon Anne. She sent so many beautiful handmade items and some amazing "cow" fabric which I am collecting to make a quilt just for me. Sharon, I am so lucky to have been your secret pal this month...I truly appreciate all of the special items you made and selected just for me - I will treasure them all.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Aug 2012 007.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	469.7 KB
ID:	356720  
Old 08-19-2012, 06:17 PM

Very nice pkg. Tam...Moo and yes SharonAnne is amazing, a truly special kind of lady. Seems like she has esp on some things.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:24 PM

You are exactly right about SharonAnne - she is a treasure! Maybe one day I can see California and meet her in person.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Ugh. Mackerel. Poo! However, it is terrific for bait and chum. My dogs like canned mackerel, so when open a can to use in my bait net, they get what's left over.
Smoked fish? YUM! Love whiting. Mmmmm.
When I used to show my dogs, I used to feed them a raw diet and fed them half a little fish body each day and drizzled the oil/juice on their veggie patties. They love that stuff.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
When I used to show my dogs, I used to feed them a raw diet and fed them half a little fish body each day and drizzled the oil/juice on their veggie patties. They love that stuff.
That was on my potential dinner list tonight, but I opted for pizza instead!!! I probably should have gone for healthy instead of tasty!!
Old 08-19-2012, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Very nice pkg. Tam...Moo and yes SharonAnne is amazing, a truly special kind of lady. Seems like she has esp on some things.

You and Tam...Moo are making me blush... Aw shucks. I have fun giving gifts!! Always have. Anyway, thanks - you are both very sweet ladies.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:39 AM

WOW, WOW, WOW, all I can say is wow. I received my SP package from LaQuita in the mail Friday after work, (& sorry for the delay, but we went out of town to deer camp, and no internet service available til this morning) but with no further delay, I just loooove everything!! The fingernail file is just the bomb, and love the blueberry pancake hand gel! Going to have to try my hand at the two quilting patterns, Dog Treats quilt and the Best of the West. The note pad is just too perfect and I really love the flag fabric and can definitely use along with the red w/ blue flower fabric. At the moment I'm making repurposed mink teddy's and will be absolutely using the hand needles you sent. The duck panel is definitely the cutest, I just love everything and thank you so very much!
Old 08-20-2012, 05:03 AM

I'm glad that you had a great day. And that's very sweet of you. Remember send any extra lobster down here.

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S View Post
I have had a wonderful family day of fishing. We caught over 100lbs of mackeral. We gave it all away but 12. The older people in the community grew up eating mackeral and they aren't able to fish, so it worked out great. We love to fish and they got a treat. We even cleaned them so they wouldn't have to. I figure I caught about 50. Now in the morning I won't be able to move and boy am I burnt. It was overcast for most of the morning, I know better, should have used sunscreen with my fair skin. Even though I was bent over the washboard of the boat, my face got burned from the reflection off from the water. Maybe tomorrow there will be several pkgs in the mail and we won't have to set on the bench.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:15 AM

Kountrykreation you got me on 'repurpose' mink teddys.. where does one get mink and show us the teddys now I am curious big time. Love to see them. ok, what is deer camp? you got my attention there to.
the packages that everyone has received are so wonderful. Yet to see a 'bad' one lol like there could be a bad one sheesh..
i made the cutest little white chocolate dipped cones the other day with marzapan heads, pretzel wings as a cake topper it was cute and delicious. Idea came from this holiday cookbook I received from my sp and wanted to do a test run before I commited to them at Christmas. Easy and very very cute.. THANKS K fun fun fun book.