Lutterloh System

Old 08-24-2012, 06:54 PM

i bought it and actually used it to make a dress. as I had grown out of the "buy the pattern and make it and wear it", i needed the dress and couldn't find anything i liked. it worked well, but you have to follow the directions closely and know how to make the facings and add the seam allowances and such. making the pattern is the hardest part. i never got the chance to use it again, but the dress fit well. good luck! if
you try it, with all the different types of clothes they show you should be able to make a good wardrobe....
Old 08-25-2012, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Michellesews View Post
. . . with your initial purchase you get about 200 patterns! Granted, some are childrens and some are men's, but very few.
Well, I was interested until I read that. I'm thinking about making more of my own clothes, but since I'm a guy, I guess I'll stick with buying patterns.

Tate
Old 08-25-2012, 06:10 PM

Default Using the Lutterioh System

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd View Post
I got it in the 90s or maybe the late 80s. Seems to work well, but I'll admit that the only thing I made from it was a vest. That fit me better than any I've ever had before. Now I buy a pair of well fitting pants, plus another one to get matching fabric. Tear one up and make a matching vest. Still have the rest of it, intend to use it "one of these days". Maybe.
But the sicssors that I bought from this demo I've treasured every since, KAI brand. Best I've ever had.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This could have been written by me, word for word. I got the pattern for the vest by volunteering to have my
measurements taken by the salesman, and it does fit nicely. I also get two pairs of pants....sometimes I go back
and get another to take apart for a pattern, which tells you how much I've used that expensive pattern making system!

And I do agree that the sicssors I bought there were and are marvelous. I used to hide them from husband and kids, with threats of no more desserts if anyone at all touched them!!! Still working nicely, sharp and clean cutting. Worth every cent I paid for them, but as for the pattern making system, I haven't really given it a fair trial. But since I also got mine in the late 1980s.........maybe someday.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by ladybug45 View Post
I bought this system about a year ago. I have kinda narrow shoulders and a pretty big belly(think 7 mos pregnant). Ive made several shirts and pajama tops. They fit better than anything I've made before.
My problem even with clothes I buy is when I get it big enough to go around my belly it's too big in the shoulders.

I've been really happy with it even tho it was pretty expensive. I bought mine at a demo they had at my local Hancock store.
Ladybud45, my grandmother had your body shape and was short wasted. <o></o>
I used maternity patterns to make her clothes. It was only fair as she raised me and made my school clothes out of feed sacks for school. I also made her first pair of slacks, she was about 60 at the time.<o></o>