Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Sign up closes 8-31 4pm CST >

September Secret Pal Sign up closes 8-31 4pm CST

September Secret Pal Sign up closes 8-31 4pm CST

Old 09-18-2012, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
I just had to share this bit of sewing advice from the Singer Company. I'm sure everyone on here follows it strictly - especially Krystyna. (sorry - had to pick on someone!!!)
Boy did I get a good laugh out of this! OMG, even hubby had to listen and we both laughed... I go from bed...into sewing room, he brings me a cup of coffee, I am still in my jammies, a hair brush??? LOL... I will sew all day with only potty breaks or now I have my running so I stop to run and then go back into sewing room, fresh from shower... again hair brush...I don't think so! (OK maybe I am not that bad right now!)

My MIL was married in 1949, we got her a book from the Vermont General store on how to run a home to the new brides, from 1949. (I think they had a lot of these books with lots of different years). I gave it to her last Christmas, she said yep they used to get up get dressed with make up and hair done, to clean house. Every day they concentrated on specific chores. I know Monday was wash day... too fun.

I wonder who wrote that manual!
Old 09-18-2012, 11:17 AM

I am still patiently waiting for my SP package. I am thinking now I might get a hair brush! LOL only kidding... and The Vermont General store is really one of the most awesome places to shop. I have a niece who lives in Vermont and when we go visit I always plan a trip there. But they are also online and have truly awesome things. I am sending a special ordered item to my SP today. I was to excited and in a hurry to send it with her box so it is going today, but it is very tiny and going in an envelope.

OK back to the sewing machine~ have a wonderful day... Sharon Anne where did you find that article, I am printing it and going to share it with my MIL. My Mom got married in 1950, I will have to get her one of those "Brides Books" By the time I was born in 1956, she already had 6 kids and I wonder how well that showering, doing hair putting on make up worked!
Old 09-18-2012, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Vanogay View Post
LaQuita, hope your family is on the mend - finally and you can take that deep breath. Prayers being sent your way.

Segasal, isn't this your month for your companion dog?

I agree with Anastasia, I try to go by the profile, but I just love getting something in return - even if it isn't an exact match.
Well, I start Oct 1 to train with Meadow... I am really excited to be doing that. So I may have to bow out next momth with the swap because I will be in training with him for the first two weeks of October and i do not know how much free time that i will have with him.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:35 PM

This was my goodies sent by jclinanrey yesterday. See the two purple fat quarters??? Aren't they just lovely???!!! I am soooo ready to open the box of Dots. Yumm!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030382.JPG
Views:	408
Size:	617.5 KB
ID:	363886  
Old 09-18-2012, 01:30 PM

Congratulations on the new grandson Darlene. I always loved the bumper sticker that read " If I had known how much fun grandchildren were, I would have had them first."
Old 09-18-2012, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by quiltymom View Post
Oh Louise so sorry tried not to chuckle but I could see that happening as I was reading. Hope the rest of day is better for you!!!!
Louise we all have those kind of days thanks for sharing one of yours with us, hopefully others will share theirs... Would be something fun while we wait for the rest of the packages to arrive...
Old 09-18-2012, 01:55 PM

My secret pal got her box yesterday or so the postal service says but I haven't seen a post by her ...waiting to see if she likes everything.....and now just waiting for my gift...on pins and needles here, LOL....
Louise in Arkansas
Old 09-18-2012, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by LAQUITA View Post
LOVE LOVE LOVE the stilletto and matching scissor fob!!!!!
You're right. Forgot to mention those. The stiletto is made with purple beads and the fob has the cutest sewing machine on the end. Glad they showed up so good, thanks for reminding me
Old 09-18-2012, 02:05 PM

Thanks Krystyna and Faye he is truly a blessing! Will share a picture with ya'll later, so sweet! Hope no one gets upset if I do. I think I said before can't wait to see him!
Louise, I think we all have those kind of days, but as my friend used to say it can only get better!
Old 09-18-2012, 03:19 PM

Yes we need pictures Crafty Darlene. Congratulations!!!
I am still waiting on package. Hope it comes soon.