Melinda,

I have been getting baby fever for several years now. But sadly my oldest
daughter can't have children of her own (8 miscarries so far). The middle
daughter has no desire to EVER have kids (she will be 22 on Sunday), and
my youngest daughter best NOT even THINK about kids yet as she is just
a Sophomore at Truman State.

So I will wait until my day comes, and be happy to share in the joy of my
friends.

CONGRATS Darlen to you and your family on the beautiful baby boy.

Originally Posted by Nexxus831 View Post
oh Darlene I don't think any of us would get mad for posting such a beautiful baby boy on this board. Man now I am getting baby fever. Shhhhh don't tell my husband
Old 09-18-2012, 05:18 PM

Darlene, I am so happy for you a new Grand-baby, how wonderful. Being Grandma is the best thing ever! besides watching my daughter be Mom, she is an amazing Mom. Can't wait to see pictures of that baby!

I received my SP package Thank you so much Reginalovesfabric. I love my box! will post pictures soon.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
I am still patiently waiting for my SP package. I am thinking now I might get a hair brush! LOL only kidding... and The Vermont General store is really one of the most awesome places to shop. I have a niece who lives in Vermont and when we go visit I always plan a trip there. But they are also online and have truly awesome things. I am sending a special ordered item to my SP today. I was to excited and in a hurry to send it with her box so it is going today, but it is very tiny and going in an envelope.

OK back to the sewing machine~ have a wonderful day... Sharon Anne where did you find that article, I am printing it and going to share it with my MIL. My Mom got married in 1950, I will have to get her one of those "Brides Books" By the time I was born in 1956, she already had 6 kids and I wonder how well that showering, doing hair putting on make up worked!

OMG, your mom (who got married the year I was born) was either extremely meticulous and the perfect June Cleaver, or she was none of the above because she was so busy NOT in the kitchen. LOL. The article was actually a picture from a friend on Facebook.

I love the Vermont Country Store, also. Vermont is gorgeous - I almost went to Green Mountain College, but it was all female back in the day, and I was co-ed type of person. Alas, they don't carry what I LOVED in the 1960's and it is no longer made. I would simply swoon to have some of my all time favorite (blue, not green) Halo Shampoo. That was THE best stuff for my hair and nothing since has ever come close even though I probably tried 100+ brands. Anyone who can find me a bottle of that, will get a special reward!!!

Keep laughing!!
Old 09-18-2012, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by catjo View Post
Another hint for my SP, they live in the 10th largest city in the US. I will post another hint tomorrow.

Off Topic: I had exciting news yesterday. I had sent in a quilt to be approved by Quilts for Kids to start a Chapter for the State of Indiana. So now it is for me to get off and running and hope I find volunteers, and donations of fabric, thread, etc. Exciting, but scary at the same time. I just wanted to share with all of you the news.

I'm getting excited now. Maybe for the first time, I am going to actually guess my SP? Maybe. We'll see.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by reeskylr View Post
SharonAnne - I love the 1949 Singer post. HAHA! I can remember watching Leave it to Beaver, Father Knows Best, and even Happy Days, the women were still 'In The Kitchen'. Amazing how far we have come these days. I hate high heels. lol. Only a Man would invent those things.
I liked high heels until I was pregnant the first time. Love to look at them, but hate to wear them. Give me sandals any day - even in the winter.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:36 PM

I received a great package from Reginalovesfabric. I love the magazine right on the cover is a pattern I have been looking for! She sent me a scarf and some green fabric and some blue fabric and some scissors and a note pad, and the coolest pincushion Beehive with a measuring tape in the bottom, it is really cute. and some Cadbury chocolate, that I hid from the meanie... he wanted it, but I was faster, I think I will be nice and share it with him this time![ATTACH=CONFIG]363946[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]363948[/ATTACH]
Thank you so much I really love it all!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	004.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	363946   Click image for larger version

Name:	005.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	363948  
Old 09-18-2012, 05:42 PM

Darlene - What a beautiful baby boy!!! He's going to break some hearts someday. Deepest congratulations.

Beeboop71 = You are most welcome for your SP package this month. I loved your profile - still smiling over it. I save them all in a file and have read yours many times. Truly, I wanted to send you one of everything!! Will answer your PM after I get home - DH is taking me out to dinner tonight. Please post some photos of your craft show items, OK? Again, more later or tomorrow. Hugs.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:56 PM

Everyone keeps getting great packages
Congrats Darlene-he is beautiful
I have always loved high heels and still do and like my buddy Krystyna, I'm actually adept at moving quickly in them...don't think it would actually be a "run" anymore, but it used to be...and I can still go pretty darn quick haha
Old 09-18-2012, 06:03 PM
Banned

Sharon is any of these products close to what you are looking for?

Halo Hair Product

Just curious.

Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
OMG, your mom (who got married the year I was born) was either extremely meticulous and the perfect June Cleaver, or she was none of the above because she was so busy NOT in the kitchen. LOL. The article was actually a picture from a friend on Facebook.

I love the Vermont Country Store, also. Vermont is gorgeous - I almost went to Green Mountain College, but it was all female back in the day, and I was co-ed type of person. Alas, they don't carry what I LOVED in the 1960's and it is no longer made. I would simply swoon to have some of my all time favorite (blue, not green) Halo Shampoo. That was THE best stuff for my hair and nothing since has ever come close even though I probably tried 100+ brands. Anyone who can find me a bottle of that, will get a special reward!!!

Keep laughing!!
Old 09-18-2012, 08:17 PM

Darlene, what a beautiful sweetie, makes you want to pick him up and love him to pieces....
Hugs, Louise
In Arkansas