Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Sign up closes 8-31 4pm CST >

September Secret Pal Sign up closes 8-31 4pm CST

September Secret Pal Sign up closes 8-31 4pm CST

Old 09-20-2012, 03:35 PM

That should read N.C. MRSAJ11, I believe is her board name. And she sent fat quarters. Stupid spell check!

Last edited by buslady; 09-20-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:39 PM

He is Darling..
Old 09-20-2012, 04:08 PM

I received my pkg today from Annt59. She gave me 1/4yd of the most beautiful pink Robert K. fabric, a pattern for several pincushions, a 1/4 in seam guide that I use for hand piecing (This one is shorter than the ones I have) it will be great when working on my Sylvia's bridal sampler. She sent a kit that will make either 2 pillows or 2 placemats, a measuring gauge, a pr. of bent scissors, 3 frixion pens, a glue stick and a small quilted sign that says "Quilting is always more pressing than housework", and some peanutbutter cups. Very happy with my pkg.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:29 PM

Well, I now know that my sp is okay. Was beginning to wonder since the package was delivered three days ago and still hadnt seen anything from here. She has posted since then but still no word that she received the package yet. Maybe she has lots of them at home to go through. Well will just keep waiting and hope she likes everything.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:14 PM

I too am still waiting on my package. I keep looking in the mailbox, but find nothing but bills, boy is that a bummer.

Another hint to my SP your city is 180 sq miles of which 3.4 sq miles is water. Tomorrows hint if your package hasn't been received will probably completely give it away.... I have had fun with the hints.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:25 PM

cEveryone is receiving such neat sp.pkgs. this month. I have enjoyed reading the mewssages and seeing pics. SURE miss the fun!!!! Next month for sure And I am waiting patiently for the October sign up! love the sewing machine pincushy and the big pumkin with the puppy pics. The quilt for teresa is beautiful. Very thoughtful. I will add again, how kind and giving you folks are.. I lost count of the FQs, cards, prayer items, angels, and words of hope sent to me in MAY AND JUNE when my hubby died. Truely blessed by friends on the QB. Have not decided yet what I want to make with all the fats i received, but hope to get busy with a new quilt this winter that will include the pretties you all sent.

Last edited by Jan Rutherford; 09-20-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by catjo View Post
I too am still waiting on my package. I keep looking in the mailbox, but find nothing but bills, boy is that a bummer.

Another hint to my SP your city is 180 sq miles of which 3.4 sq miles is water. Tomorrows hint if your package hasn't been received will probably completely give it away.... I have had fun with the hints.

So sorry to hear your package is a tortoise and not a hare. Hopefully it will arrive soon, but isn't the anticipation fun? I have received early, then the fun is over for a long time. When receiving toward the end of the swap you don't have to wait as long to get a new SP. I love reading profiles and getting a plan in my head. So, actually, it's all positive!!!

Your clues are awesome. I'm learning alot and waiting for tomorrow's hint. Unless there is someone else near the Pacific, I'm bound and determined to be your SP. And if I'm right, it will be the only time I have been able to guess correctly.

Did I mention that I lived in Indianapolis for a hot, humid summer in 1971? Mostly I played golf at Ft. Ben Harrison army base. It would pour down rain for a short period of time, and 15 minutes later, everything but the air would be dry. Humidity must have been 150%. lol. It was fun there, though. I toured the Indy 500 raceway and was asked to be a mourner at a pet cemetary for a magazine!! Very unusual summer to say the least.

Well, I have written my normal thesis, so I will get off the computer now and prepare for work tomorrow. I asked for the day off to go to a Quilt & Craft show, but it was not approved due to an audit. Sigh. I'll have to try for Saturday (last day) when all the good stuff is mostly gone.

Take care all.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:39 AM

Got my package. Ray and I are thrilled. He got 2 packages of treats that he's about ripped out of my hands every time I go to feed him a couple, some glitter balls and a feather ladybug toy and I got a sponge to clean cat fur off everything!

I also got a really nice large pack of fabric strips in different colors, a measuring tape in a tin, a cute little flashlight key chain (which was on when I opened the package, a little spooky), a pack of bulls eye caramels and one of twizzlers, a cute little quilter's cookbook, 2 packs of different flavored teas, a really different key chain container for hand sanitizer which I try to use all the time, a pack of sticky notes , a cute set of ring bound index cards an absolutely darling little handmade triangular thread catcher and a set of swatch buddies so I can carry small pieces of fabric I'm trying to match for a project.

thanks Donna and your letter was very pretty too all flowers on the sides! dconroy84 and Kona really hit the sweet spot! Thanks again. If I forgot to mention anything I'm sorry, it was all great
Old 09-21-2012, 11:41 AM

Received my package today from gzuslivz thank you Renee. Lots of great things, books, magazines, patterns, Christmas fabrics, tissue holder, purse, peanut brittle, purple thang, minature storage boxes, cable clips, decorative thimble, fabulous buttons and post cards of Mount Rainer. Hope I haven't forgotten anything, thanks again.

Eileen

have tried to post pictures but the computer is not co operating sorry
Old 09-21-2012, 12:47 PM

SP you will get your package tomorrow for sure so no more waiting, ENJOY!. Just checked delivery status so happy Saturday to my SP and everyone on the board. Going to the Adirondacks Hot Air Balloon Festival tomorrow so that should be funnnnnn.