Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Pass the Block >

Pass the Block

Pass the Block

Old 09-26-2012, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by JudyG View Post
Thanks everyone, glad you like the labels. Unfortunately, I only have three to go this summer, two that I quilted and the one that you quilted for the camp. I will try to get pictures of them tomorrow before I box them up.
I'm sure that any number will make them happy. You can only do so much. I wouldn't worry over it.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:21 PM

Okay, guys and gals. Here are the three quilts going to the kids camp tomorrow. Not sure what order these pictures will post, but the quilts are the Heroes quilt, the Fairy quilt and the beautiful quilt that Joan started for the camp and quilted for them. On the Heroes quilt, I just did free motion stitch in the ditch. It actually turned out not too bad. Was sure a lot easier than trying to do stitch in the ditch with a walking foot. I'm showing the label on the back of that quilt. A big thank you to Robert for providing the backing for that and also providing enough backing for I think another 3 quilts.

The second quilt is the fairy center panel that Robert started. It is really cute. That one was a lot of work! As you all know, I am a novice at machine quilting so did get some practice in on that one. I did a lot of meandering in the center and then a lot of big loopy e's in the outside borders. Turned out not too bad. I've tried to take a couple of pictures of the quilting, but don't think it shows up much.

Joan did the third quilt, quilted it and sent it to me for the camp. Thank you so much, Joan. She did a very nice job on the quilting, some flowers in some plainer blocks and some curlicues in other places. Great job, Joan.

So that's it for this year. I still have a bunch of tops to work on next summer. Hope I get a lot more done then than I did this year. I spent a good portion of the summer working on an applique quilt that will be the raffle quilt for my AZ guild for our January 2014 quilt show. It has to be at the quilter by the end of October, so really had a timeline for that one. Will post a picture of it for you after it comes back from the quilter. It's kind of interesting, but I've already had people wanting to buy raffle tickets for it and we won't even be selling them until after it's quilted, so the fact that they even wanted them just from seeing the blocks makes me feel good, even tho I didn't make all the blocks.

Thanks again to everyone who worked on the quilts for the kids. I know they are going to love them.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Heroes#1.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	365926   Click image for larger version

Name:	HeroesBack.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	365927   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fairy#1.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	365928   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fairy#2.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	365929   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fairy#3.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	365930  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Joans Quilt.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	365931  
Old 09-27-2012, 01:23 PM

It feels great to be a small part. Cheers to you!
Old 09-27-2012, 01:50 PM

Default Wowzers

Hey Jude,

LOL.

Wowzer SPECTACTULAR.......(opps spelling) Love the hero quilt and the Fairy Quilt it is such beautiful with the borders that they put on. And, Judy I can see the quilting. I have another block of that fairy center.
You just have an eyeJudy. Some kids are going to have a great surprise this year at camp.

Roberto

Okay, guys and gals. Here are the three quilts going to the kids camp tomorrow. Not sure what order these pictures will post, but the quilts are the Heroes quilt, the Fairy quilt and the beautiful quilt that Joan started for the camp and quilted for them. On the Heroes quilt, I just did free motion stitch in the ditch. It actually turned out not too bad. Was sure a lot easier than trying to do stitch in the ditch with a walking foot. I'm showing the label on the back of that quilt. A big thank you to Robert for providing the backing for that and also providing enough backing for I think another 3 quilts.

The second quilt is the fairy center panel that Robert started. It is really cute. That one was a lot of work! As you all know, I am a novice at machine quilting so did get some practice in on that one. I did a lot of meandering in the center and then a lot of big loopy e's in the outside borders. Turned out not too bad. I've tried to take a couple of pictures of the quilting, but don't think it shows up much.

Joan did the third quilt, quilted it and sent it to me for the camp. Thank you so much, Joan. She did a very nice job on the quilting, some flowers in some plainer blocks and some curlicues in other places. Great job, Joan.

So that's it for this year. I still have a bunch of tops to work on next summer. Hope I get a lot more done then than I did this year. I spent a good portion of the summer working on an applique quilt that will be the raffle quilt for my AZ guild for our January 2014 quilt show. It has to be at the quilter by the end of October, so really had a timeline for that one. Will post a picture of it for you after it comes back from the quilter. It's kind of interesting, but I've already had people wanting to buy raffle tickets for it and we won't even be selling them until after it's quilted, so the fact that they even wanted them just from seeing the blocks makes me feel good, even tho I didn't make all the blocks.

Thanks again to everyone who worked on the quilts for the kids. I know they are going to love them.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:37 PM

The kids are going to love them...you are a special person to do this!
Old 09-27-2012, 04:32 PM

You did a great job and a wonderful thing with these quilts Judy. Thank you for all you did!
Old 09-27-2012, 05:37 PM

I think it's thank you to all of you for all the help you gave me. I started out planning on getting them one or two quilts and now I have 3 to send and about 7 more tops to get done for them next summer. Everyone did such a great job. I feel to blessed to have all of you to work with on this project.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:38 AM

Those look amazing it's great to see them quilted. So who is ready to start another round ? Judy would you like more quilts for the camp? Or do you have enough to keep you busy?
i have been quilting some of mine I also just had a new work table for my machine built I will have to post a picture. I got the idea from pintrest. I'm going to be finishing the monkey quilt when it's done I will post a picture.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:19 AM

I think I will have to pass on this round. I am working every day on getting the raffle quilt done for my AZ guild and don't think I can take on any more right now. I will be keeping an eye on you guys who do do another round tho and look forward to seeing what you all come up with.

Thanks for thinking of the kids camp, but I think I need to get the quilts I have quilted before I take on any more.

Good luck you guys on the next round. I will be waiting to see more fabulous quilts. When I get to AZ next week, I will be taking my snowlady quilt to the quilter and will post pictures after she gets home. I love that quilt and can't wait to see it quilted.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:24 AM

All of them came out wonderful! Glad to see them before you sent them off. Thank you for all the work you have put into mine to.
Donna