Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins

Old 09-30-2012, 06:23 PM

lucky susaninkansas-- she knows just what she likes!!
and lucky that she now has buslady as a partner!
Old 09-30-2012, 07:20 PM
Swap Hosts

Yeah, I was going to take Buslady as a second ... but happily Susan doesn't have to talk to herself about what she likes! Man, I'm losing my mind these days.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:29 PM

whoooo whooo Marytoddliz tada! oh boy she will be fun to make something for as I think she loves halloween. In fact I finished one tonight. I am however Krystyna avail to be a stand in for anyone who missed the sign up boat or bogs out.. fall or halloween is fine just hollar if you need help! I love all these colors. In fact so much here is a tiny peak at my start to halloween decorating.. yippee.. oh and a sneak peak at the dq which I am thinking.. keep me! keep me! lol wonder if she will like it.. the pic behind the ghost tree is one I made with fabric pieces.. snippets of cowboys racing through the desert snow.. no piece of your fabric is too small lol..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	halloween tree.jpg
Views:	576
Size:	656.8 KB
ID:	366729   Click image for larger version

Name:	boom 8 diamonds and rubies 009.jpg
Views:	534
Size:	612.0 KB
ID:	366732  
Old 09-30-2012, 08:25 PM

Elisabrat ..... love your Halloween Tree... awesome .... Krystyna pmed my partner .... and girl I have played all weekend with my Oct. quilt Idea now (because I did it in the company of the quilty girls ) I have to make 5 more ........lol.... they all want one ..... but I have told them that I have a baby quilt and a king size Tennsee Waltz to get done ... wish me luck ...happy quilting friends o mine ....... and BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 10-01-2012, 03:49 AM
Swap Hosts

Elisabrat, I just love your scardy cat. Robin, sounds like you are having too much fun!
My partner is new to us - QuiltingMomof3 - and she is such a lovely person. I hope all of you have as much fun getting to know your partners as I am.
Well, back to creating goodies to sell at the Irish Day Fair next Saturday!
Old 10-01-2012, 04:08 AM

Oh Krystyna I hope you do well at the faire, is it attended big? its that time isnt it for craft fairs and such I forget its been a while since I have been in one. Now its all coming back the late summer Sept rush to make those items in quantities. Ornaments galore and in the end maybe a dozen that didnt find homes .. ah I am glad to be making a couple here for trade and not whipping out 100 of this and that.. egad that makes me tired just thinking on it. Those of you in this crafty circuit more power to you. I would love to see pictures. I can't walk at fairs any longer but I sure miss them and all the pretty things.. pictures girls pictures (and boys too if we have any)

I am oh so ready for halloween but my mind is already on fall turkeys as I need one of those for my girl by mid October. I send a package every month with a wall hanging and some appropriate seasonal goodies. This month she got a huge jar of candy corn and a whole slew of things one can do with them (aka martha stewart like) and she is in glue heaven. I personally am suprised at how many different things one can do with them. Eating them sucks lol so I guess glue is not a bad solution to a horrible candy. I guess its .. indian corn and pumpkins for Thanksgiving? yucko.. give me another idea anyone help? cant do it to her twice..
Old 10-01-2012, 04:39 AM
Swap Hosts

Thanks, Linda (Elisabrat)! I have never done a fair before -- except for an exhibit of our community garden with my cub scout den! This will be a new experience for me. We are embroidering t-shirts with Irish themes, embroidering tea towels with Irish recipes (corned beef and cabbage, Irish soda bread, Blarney Stones and others), making lots of free standing lace jewelry in Irish themes as well as seaside themes, and I've also put together lavender and rose sachets with green lace. Blaze and Melissa (my son and his fiancee) have made lots of sparkly scarves too. Oh, and I've made free standing lace tiaras with lots of bling and we're billing them as Irish Princess crowns, LOL! It is a huge event here and I just hope we make our money back for the booth fee. I guess we can always sell the left overs on Etsy. Fingers crossed! Melissa is out of work and Blaze had his hours cut back severely since the restaurant he works in is in the area that is mostly a summer place.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:32 AM

Yes I sent my DQ out but it is wandering around MA checking out the sites there. My partner and I are hoping that it shows up today. I mailed it over a week ago and the destination was less then 1 hour driving time from where I was staying with my friend.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:52 PM

Krystyna, Much as I am looking forward to my new partner, I will miss having you for a partner this month. We are already in communication and I love it when I get a partner that likes to write back and forth a little. Oh, I had to re-read your post. Your son's name is Blaze? One of the twins name is Mason Blaze. I had never heard the name spelled that way and I begged his dad not to do it. I don't know why, It fits him so well! And he likes it too. I think this is the first time I have seen it spelled that way. Must be a "creative" thing in our bloodlines. LOL!! Well, gotta meet my buds at the restaurant. After dinner we all drive up to a class we are taking from what I call a "traditional" quilter. No string quilting, you don't even use a rotary cutter. At first I wasn't so sure about it. Then I saw what she did. and I thought I liked it. Then I tried to do it. Back to not so sure!! LOL We'll see how block #2 goes.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:32 PM
Swap Hosts

Have fun, Onalee! Sounds like a challenge and a half!
I didn't want my son to be another Robert, Michael or Stephen ... or anything else that someone could turn into a shortened name ... so Blaze it was. Saint Blaise is sort of the patron saint of the Heimlich maneuver. And, like his patron, animals love my son.