Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
painting cross stitch embroidery, tried it? >

painting cross stitch embroidery, tried it?

painting cross stitch embroidery, tried it?

Old 10-05-2012, 05:53 PM

I think it was Artex paints when I was a kid we did a lot of it as it was "the thing" in that day and age, they have held up well I still have tablecloths with it, I m sure when I GO THROUGH MY MOMS THINGS i WILL FIND A BUNCH OF DRIED UP TUBES!
Old 10-05-2012, 05:56 PM

I used to sell Tri-Chem back in the 70's had NO idea they were still in business. My mother sure painted some pretty things with the Tri-Chem paints she was better at it than me. Have No idea what ever happened to my paints must have sold all them at a yard sale. I do remember that the trick to getting them to last on fabric was to heat set them and the color would stay bright. They probably have improved the paints a lot since then.

I check out the site and see they still sell them on the party plan.....and they have a Lot more product than what they did when I sold it. Will have to check them out futher.

Thanks for the memories.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:47 PM
Power Poster

I remember doing it when i was about8 that was 45 yrs ago. My grandma made a stunning white dress with the fowers coming down off the shoulders, it was the bees knees
Old 10-08-2012, 03:46 PM

Wow... I haven't thought of this stuff for eons. One of my first quilts, (still unfinished, lol) was using some blocks my mother made.... I still have more of the blocks around, I may have to do something with them.... [ATTACH=CONFIG]368442[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	FlowerGirls.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	368442  
Old 10-09-2012, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by aliaslaceygreen View Post
Wow... I haven't thought of this stuff for eons. One of my first quilts, (still unfinished, lol) was using some blocks my mother made.... I still have more of the blocks around, I may have to do something with them.... [ATTACH=CONFIG]368442[/ATTACH]
Oh wow, I loveeeeee your flower fairy blocks. I do hope you bring them out and use them in a quilt. Your mom did a great job on them and they deserve to be used. Hugs and smiles.