Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What was your biggest waste of money? >

What was your biggest waste of money?

What was your biggest waste of money?

Old 10-10-2012, 08:45 AM

Waste! The old saying "Waste Not, Want not" So I don't waste. I need all my quilting "stuff"!!!
Old 10-10-2012, 09:25 AM

I too do not have room for a big quilting frame. nor the money to pay for it....so when a 50% off coupon was available at JoAnns, I took it in and got the plastic frame they had. I know it looks like a lot of PVC piping, but for $50. I could not make one myself. It does take a bit to move my quilt around on it, (not really that much) but it is so much easier than the hoop someone let me borrow and when I am done, I just put it back in the box. So I am a happy camper..

Originally Posted by pollyjvan9 View Post
AccueCut2 - Grace quilting frame. The first two unhandy because I don't have a place to leave it out and the same for the quilting frame. Just to big and took up to much room. Rulers, also.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by barney View Post
I fully agree
I get most of my books on Amazon. If I see one I like, I check there and it is usually a lot cheaper. Have never had a bad one. all in very good condition. Also thrift stores and yard sales. I enjoy looking through them. My favorite picture books. LOL...
Old 10-10-2012, 09:59 AM

A machine by Bernina. I have spent 2 years trying to get it to sew without braking thread. Customer service just says they can not help and to take it to the dealer. The Dealer says that I need to learn to sew slower. That did not help. I bought a Pfaff and the only time I have to rethread my machine is when I run out of thread.
NO BERNINA
Old 10-10-2012, 10:01 AM

Amen sister! I have one too. He made it look so easy.

Originally Posted by Retiredandquilting View Post
Flynn Quilting Frame. What a waste of money. I can't even give it away!
Old 10-10-2012, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by nstitches4u View Post
I second that. The quilting space is too restrictive. Mine is back in the box sitting next to my ironing table. Wish I knew somebody that could use it.
Yes, I'd like to sell mine as well. I had exactly the same problem as you. The only thing I got out of it was my hopping foot. Kind of a lot to pay for a hopping foot.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:54 AM

I wasted my money buying one of those (looks like a paint roller) stickey thing used for picking up thread on my sewing room floor. A total waste of money.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:38 PM

I got the EQ7 and should have saved my money.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by 0tis View Post
I bought a Clover desktop needle threader - I can't get it to work - finally read the tiniest print ever and it only works with specific needles that are made by clover. So it really was a waste of $ 15.
The key to making it work is to hold the thread down on both sides while you move the little level. If the eye is not quite right, it will make a click noise to let you know. Adjust the needle and try it again. I have 2 (one at my sewing table and one with my hand sewing stuff). LOVE IT!
Old 10-10-2012, 02:39 PM

Default templates

I just read your info on templates. You said you go to your window/door store and have them make your specialty template. Do they make them out of glass? Hope that's not a stupid question. I have the worst time cutting templates out on plastic. If there are many pieces, for the quilt, it would be worth it. Thanks Maya