Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 41 Floral Bouquet & Seminole Square Discussion Page >

The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 41 Floral Bouquet & Seminole Square Discussion Page

The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 41 Floral Bouquet & Seminole Square Discussion Page

Old 10-23-2012, 12:35 AM
Power Poster

MiraB ... aww that's sweet!

DublB ... you bring back memories for me too! Good words of advice for anyone "new"!
Add to the list ....

* A minute in her world is an hour, a day, a week .... A week in her world is a day, an hour, a minute!
* Don't argue .... go to her world!
* Don't fret about correcting her .... go to her world!

* The ones that "get it" .... will go to her world.
* The ones that don't ... never will!
... TRY not to let this come between you and the other loved ones.
It's tuff. It's hard!

Sadly I had some siblings that didn't "get it" ....
Old 10-23-2012, 02:37 AM

Dublb--sorry to hear it was a hard day. Praying today will be a bit better! I can't relate, but am certain it can't be easy. Big HUGS!!
Old 10-23-2012, 03:49 AM

Cannot relate, Dublb, but my prayers are with you and your family. One day at a time.

Mirabelle, I feel like I met the challenge of FMQ because of this group support, and feel the same about the PC group...amazing the blocks are all made. Telephone I remember is a model before this one...More diagonal...up and down, mounted on the wall, with multiple parties on the same line. Vastly different from the cell phones of today.

We carried water in for house use and to cook with; then, had to carry it out. Went down to the pathway, instead of into the bathroom. Yep, those were the good old days. Better in memory, than when we lived it; guess that is the way of reliving it the easier way.

Everyone, have a good day, H. , no debate watching tonight, let us see the posting of the new blocks, please.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:41 AM

Dublb & QE your advice is spot on: go to her world. I've heard family members yell at patients to "snap out of it" or "you remember, you just don't want to". It's a sad, sad disease and takes the patience of a saint to deal with on a daily basis. Hopefully her caretakers get breaks and get away for a "sanity break" for themselves.

While cleaning out my mother's house, I found an old telephone in the basement with a rotary dial. It was so heavy-all metal. My grandkids were fascinated by it--had never seen a rotary dial phone before. It even had the old phone number on the front: 966-M. Wow, long before the days of area codes and speed dialing LOL. I also found an old manual typewriter that would probably still work if the ribbon wasn't dried out. Little round keys with letters--it's so cute I have it on a desk (that was mine when I was little) in my sunporch. Can't wait for grandkids to see that--they'll wonder where the screen is LOL.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:39 AM

Jan--too funny you mention those two things...we have an old metal rotary phone (desktop type). My husband works for the local telephone company (independent co-op) and found one to bring home. He changed the jack and it works...the kids love that! The phone block was one I *had* to make!

We collect antiques and at an auction several years ago there was an old Royal typewriter that no one was bidding on, so we bought it for $5. It still has the leather cover (very worn, but there). The best story I have about the typewriter is our CAT typing on it!! We had it on my treadle cabinet at the bottom of the stairs. One day we were upstairs and I said "kids stop playing with that" the kids all were in their bedrooms...when we looked down, there was the cat hitting letters and watching the metal bar for each go up. The metal letter part stuck up so she had several piled up!! She did that several times so it was easy to "catch her in the act"! (DD made a 6x6 scrapbook of her pets, so this was in there.)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	typing cat.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	371865  
Old 10-23-2012, 08:23 AM

Love that photo, Carrie--purrrrfect!
Old 10-23-2012, 08:35 AM

Now, that cat is just darlin'!
Old 10-23-2012, 12:38 PM

So I have to share a couple pictures of what I caught today. My son and husband caught some frogs in a nearby pond over the weekend and made fried frog legs when I got home from my retreat. Everyone thought they were pretty tasty so the two younger kids and I stopped on our way home from town. I even caught one! It was the biggest of the 5 we brought home...~13" when legs are stretched. They make a good appetizer. Being in Iowa "frog legs" aren't eaten often, so the owner of the pond was surprised when we came back to get more.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mamas frog.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	371961   Click image for larger version

Name:	mamas frog stretch.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	371962  

Last edited by carriem; 10-23-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:32 PM

Omg!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-23-2012, 01:52 PM

ok "frog legs" mmmm not sure about that Carriem, but I hope you enjoyed them