Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What quilting project will you be working on today? >

What quilting project will you be working on today?

What quilting project will you be working on today?

Old 10-29-2012, 07:51 AM

Finishing bindings on some Thanksgiving placemats
Old 10-29-2012, 08:39 AM

Well sadly I'm working on a small angel piece that is hand appliqued and embroidered to go in the coffin of my 3 month old granddaughter who passed away on Oct. 22nd. Her Death is under investigation and her funeral in on the 1st. I started in late last night. I was to meet this little angel of mine next month at Thanksgiving/my birthday for the very first time.

Tricia
Old 10-29-2012, 08:42 AM

I am piecing blocks together from the pattern Seaside Cotillion from nancy Rink designs. Then I will start another quilt top called Eliza's quilt from our plantations here. My goal is to Complete 5 quilts by the end of the year. I have 3 done.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:46 AM

I too tried to organize scraps by cutting them for future use. The problem is not having a pattern in mind at the time so I decided to put them aside until I have a pattern or project.
Originally Posted by carolaug View Post
I was searching the internet, looking at books, going through my fat qtrs, trying to decide what to make, when I noticed my pile of scraps from my very last project. I have decided to make a string block quilt, to clean out my mess, I may donate this one. I started cutting up my scraps and to my surprise there is quite a bit and once you cut them into 2 1/2 strips they are also more organised and easier to imaige a quilt being made from them. My husband said I really should do that when more of my scrap bins...they are becoming unruly. I was just going to cut them into shapes and strips, but so glad I have decided to use them right away. So happy quilting everyone...stay safe during the storm.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:56 AM

I have finally gotten time to work on my quilts as I have been working on chorus dresses and nutcracker costumes. So last night I finished 2 tops from classes that I took at convention at the begining of the month. One is called a crazy shuffle ( and it is ) and the other is called colorburst with a floating center square that is really neat. I still have one class top left to do a strip tubing project and 2 partial quilts of valor to finish but I might go and unsew some of the other costumes that I still have to do as I expect there will be more to do as soon as I turn in these on wednesday. There is always tomorrow as everything is closed down and all are home.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by carslo View Post
I will be starting to cut a pattern called Something Blue from a McCall's magazine. I have made this before but want to use a beige tonal and a fabric that has a dark background with a vine running through it. This is the one I have done before.
What a beautiful quilt?
Old 10-29-2012, 08:59 AM

Paper pieced Elmo for a bed cushion I am making for my grand daughter.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:23 AM

Four more rows to piece and attach to my apple core baby quilt I'm making for my neice.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Quercus Rubra View Post
Well sadly I'm working on a small angel piece that is hand appliqued and embroidered to go in the coffin of my 3 month old granddaughter who passed away on Oct. 22nd. Her Death is under investigation and her funeral in on the 1st. I started in late last night. I was to meet this little angel of mine next month at Thanksgiving/my birthday for the very first time.

Tricia
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. May you meet someday in heaven. I will keep you in my prayers
Old 10-29-2012, 09:44 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Pat625 View Post
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. May you meet someday in heaven. I will keep you in my prayers
Ditto here.