Dial n' Sew

Old 12-21-2012, 06:18 AM

I finally got it out. The motor ran but the needle wouldn't go up and down. I also couldn't lower the presser foot. So it was retired to the garage.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:23 AM

Oh, don't give up on her! Spray all her moving parts with WD40, let her sit awhile and see if anything breaks loose. I bet she just needs a good cleaning. Good luck,Mawluv
Old 12-21-2012, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by mawluv View Post
Oh, don't give up on her! Spray all her moving parts with WD40, let her sit awhile and see if anything breaks loose. I bet she just needs a good cleaning. Good luck,Mawluv
Don't use WD40 on your sewing machines. I have used Triflow oil in a spray can or just Triflow oil for gummed up sewing machines. Regular sewing machine oil can also be used. Go to the vintage board and post pics of the sewing machine and it's problem. There are a lot of helpful people there, including me, LOL
Old 01-16-2013, 10:13 AM

If anyone is interested, I just saw one of these on CL for $10 in Decatur, Il.
~G~
Old 03-10-2013, 07:40 PM

I just bought this Dial & Sew machine at an estate sale last year ...got the original manual for it along with a whole bunch of attachments. I just took it to a machine shop for a tune-up....the man at the shop said it was a really good machine and with great care it would out last any of the new machines out there. I have not used it yet since it needed a tune up but will have it up and running by next week. If you can't find the manual online, I could possibly post it online once I unpack it (we moved last year and some of my things are still in boxes)
Old 10-22-2013, 04:42 AM

Hi, Can I get a copy of the manual? Thanks
Originally Posted by naomi View Post
Hi my mom used to have a sewing machine just like this one.I think it is a dressmaker markII 752 sewing machine as she still has her manual for it and that is what it says on the cover of the manual.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:43 AM

Yes, I would love if you would post it online. I have the machine, but no manual. Thanks!
Originally Posted by Btucker2714 View Post
I just bought this Dial & Sew machine at an estate sale last year ...got the original manual for it along with a whole bunch of attachments. I just took it to a machine shop for a tune-up....the man at the shop said it was a really good machine and with great care it would out last any of the new machines out there. I have not used it yet since it needed a tune up but will have it up and running by next week. If you can't find the manual online, I could possibly post it online once I unpack it (we moved last year and some of my things are still in boxes)
Old 10-23-2013, 08:43 PM

What a beautiful color. I hope you are able to find information about it.
Old 10-17-2014, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by Dina View Post
It looks like one I bought in 1971. I loved it. I bought it at Sears, but I don't recall what it was...maybe a Kenmore? Did Kenmore make sewing machines? I lent it to a friend who figured since I had a new machine, she could just keep it. (This was in 1985.) I sure wish I had it back. It was just a workhorse.

Dina
Dina, friends like that really aren't needed....I'd have gone straight to her and gotten it back. My MIL made the mistake several years back of lending her FW to her niece....when we finally got it back almost a year later (I had to go get it for her) we learned she had dropped it off the table and there was damage! She tried to hide the fact....I made sure she paid all repairs as we went right to the local repair shop together. I took the invoice, she got the bill....grrr! I picked it up upon completion. I do not lend anything out, period...just not worth the aggravation!
Old 10-17-2014, 06:18 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
What a beauty you have there. GO to the vintage Thread here on the QB, re post the pic and you'll get lots of help!
lucky girl, you are!
peace
Yes I agree, go to the vintage section here.