Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October 2009 Doll Quilt Swap (Partners Assigned!) - Signup Closed >

October 2009 Doll Quilt Swap (Partners Assigned!) - Signup Closed

October 2009 Doll Quilt Swap (Partners Assigned!) - Signup Closed

Old 10-26-2009, 07:12 PM

All these cute doll quilts that have shown up already are so pretty!!.. Everyone has done such a beautiful job!!! :thumbup: to everyone!!.. (wanted a clapping one, but there's not one here)
Old 10-27-2009, 12:37 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Kendra I love those fall colours, you did a beautiful job. Are the leaves appliquéd on? They look like they're falling down the quilt.

Nellie, I love your block pattern, I think it's churn dash? The red and blue look really pretty together?

Patti - how cute is your pumpkin man? The answer is 'very'! And your quilting is awesome as always. When I've saved up I'm coming over for lessons. :D
Old 10-27-2009, 01:52 AM

Wow!!! some more beautiful quilts.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:30 AM
Power Poster

More stunning quilts have arrived since I last popped in, ladies you are all truly inventive and talented quilters, every one of you.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:12 AM

Sandpat that little quilt you made is sssssssoooooo cute!! I love the scarecrow and all your little embelishments you did a great job. and with those extra goodies there will be a really nice display!
Old 10-27-2009, 03:44 AM
Power Poster

Wow, more beauties!! Wouldn't it be fun if we could meet up and take a picture of all of them together! I love all of them!!
Old 10-27-2009, 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
Kendra I love those fall colours, you did a beautiful job. Are the leaves appliquéd on? They look like they're falling down the quilt.

Nellie, I love your block pattern, I think it's churn dash? The red and blue look really pretty together?

Patti - how cute is your pumpkin man? The answer is 'very'! And your quilting is awesome as always. When I've saved up I'm coming over for lessons. :D
No, unfortunately I do not yet know how to applique so I faked it! I just quilted around the leaves that were on the material! But I think it turned out okay! I agree with your comment about Sandpat, I want to get lessons from her as well!!!
Old 10-27-2009, 05:39 AM
Power Poster

:oops: :oops: Thank you...I'm blushing...

Kendra's quilting is fabulous around those leaves...the fabric lends itself to this pattern so well!

Kendra..the technique I told you I tried was the glittery filament in the moon and sky. It isn't really thread..its some type of filament that came in some stuff from ebay. I couldn't get it to work well through the needle, so I put it in the bobbin, flipped the quilt over and did it from the back side. It did turn out cool didn't it? Thanks for the compliments...I'm just so glad you like it..most of the cute quilts are pieced and I was nervous because I didn't notice that until the little guy was done. Now...you and K3n come on over...we can all fumble around like I normally do and figure it out together! :lol: :lol:
Old 10-27-2009, 07:26 AM

I just love looking at all the darling quilts. Wouldn't it be great if we could gather them all togather on one page? I may just do that and put them into my Movie maker program then I can see them over and over. I am trying to learn how to use it because I have several presentations for some garden clubs on how to make topiaries and thought I would make some CDs or DVDs to sell. Now just to find the time. LOL. Has anyone tried using the Windows Movie Maker program? It came with my new computer. I also installed Power Point and used that for a presentation at my mother's memorial service.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:40 AM

That would be awesome to have a gallery of all these pretty doll quilts! I've been meaning to do that since we started, but I keep getting distracted with other quilting projects! :roll:

Does anyone use Flickr photo sharing? I could create a group for us and we could all upload pictures of our quilts there. What do you guys think of that?