Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
January 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize. >

January 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize.

January 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a prize.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:26 AM

Oh dear, Cindy. Praying for you.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:06 AM

Keep your chin up cindy it will all work out. Prayers.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:32 AM

((((Hugs)))) and prayers for you, Cindy.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:53 PM

Cindy you take care. Sending prayers for you. do what ever the doctor says to and all will be well.
I am looking forward to joining up next month I have missed you all.
Drink your water, move as much as you can and ask yourself before you reach for the snack...do I really need this or is there a better choice I can make?
Hugs to all
Gail
Old 01-18-2013, 02:12 PM

(((Hugs))) Cindy - and yes, listen carefully to your doctor. We want you around for a long time!!
Old 01-18-2013, 02:59 PM

Tough walking today - not because of the cold, it was colder yesterday, but because of the humidity and the wind. We are going have freezing rain later this evening. I felt like I couldn't take a deep breath, but it was better when I came home and started shoveling. ????

Gail is right about making better choices and remember, that starts in the store. Rite Aid had rice chips up by the register. They sound healthier than potato or corn chips, but they are made the same way, fried in grease. If you stay strong and don't purchase such things, they won't be available when the snack attack hits.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:44 PM

Here is who we have received FQ's from:

meanmom 3 months
totill 2 months
Jodi's sew happy 3 months
pokeyscorner 3 months

We are getting some pretty ones so far. When all is said and done it looks like there will be 19 or 20 going to the biggest winner this month.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:48 PM

thanks for all the words of encouragement and prayers. they will be needed over the next few weeks and months. I think my biggest scare right now is not knowing what is up with the heart. I dont feel any problems or issues......but the ekg showed some abnormalities.

I am praying that my blood sugars get in control quickly, so i dont have to test pre and post meals for long. I have been on insulin before, so i am ok with going back on them.

Sorry guys to those who don't want to hear what is going on. Just let me know if it bothers anyone and I will keep the details down to a minimum.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:53 AM

Cindy, you do't bother me. We keep up with each other and our health and certain problems are part of that friendship. I wonder if your blood sugar imbalance can be the blame for your heart abnormalities? You know, like really overweight can cause more medical problems that disappear when you lose the weight? Let's hope for that. Controlling blood sugar is relatively simple - in comparison, anyway.
Wow, 19 or 20 people on site trying to get in shape with weight loss and better living. That is pretty exciting and a real boos to me thinking of the lovely FQs, er, skinny quarters I'd get if I was biggest loser. But then I hear of those alreadylosing 6-7 pounds this month and I haven't. Guess I'll really have to try harder - way harder. I hit a plateau this month so far, no up, no down. gotta go down...Off to a Quilts of Valor planning meeting. Bringing a brown bag lunch, let's see, what do I carry....
Old 01-19-2013, 05:00 AM

Cindy we are all here to support each other in what is going on in our lives. Our journey here is effected by all of lifes trials. We are all praying that things turn out well for you.
I went shopping at Sams yesterday and realized something. I was carrying in a 42 pound bag of cat litter and it was killing my knees. I used to carry that much weight on my body before I started losing weight. Each pound we lose is that much better for us. We didn't gain this all at once we aren't going to lose it that way either. Everyone keep up the good work. Well I need to get off of here and get to the grocery before they get crowded. They have shrimp on sale. Not living near the coast it is pretty expensive here so it will be a treat to us to have some. I love shrimp.