Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Gray haired "old woman" and JoAnn's young sales clerk >

Gray haired "old woman" and JoAnn's young sales clerk

Gray haired "old woman" and JoAnn's young sales clerk

Old 10-29-2009, 08:36 AM

Oh my goodness!! I laughed so hard.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:05 AM

Spoken like a tru smart a--! You are a hoot. She probably still doesn't know what it is. It is amazing how igorant some people are today. A dear little 19 year old friend didn't know what a pedestrian was on her driving test. Went to buy some fabric at Wally World a few years ago & it was little panels of dogs that you bought by the yard. I only wanted the Labs & this poor dumb girl was gonna cut that piece out for me till I caught her & said no, you have to buy by the yard. Found out at Home Depot to find an older person to help you find something cause most of the kids haven't got a clue. Most of the fast food resturants have managers under the age of 20 & employees are 16 to 20. God help us all. My parents did teach me a lot about the world & a sense of decentency, respect my elders & there is good in everybody regardless of where they are from. I am trying to do the same with my child left at home & grandsons I am raising. So hang in there & maybe we can educate them one at a time.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:23 AM

I just went to the website given by BellaBoo and found something that will really floor this youngster clerk, a Deluxe Ham Holder! Maybe you should build one of those dioramas they use for show & tell, a concept she might be able grasp! Anyways.... thanks for the best laugh I've had today! Priceless.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by QBeth
I just went to the website given by BellaBoo and found something that will really floor this youngster clerk, a Deluxe Ham Holder! Maybe you should build one of those dioramas they use for show & tell, a concept she might be able grasp! Anyways.... thanks for the best laugh I've had today! Priceless.
I have a ham holder, and it's not a platter.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:35 AM

Doesn't it scare you just a bit, that we are leaving the world to them?????
Old 10-29-2009, 09:49 AM

That is a hoot!!! I am still laughing. Great comeback
Old 10-29-2009, 09:49 AM

Wow! I about fell off my chair laughing. I bought my "ham" at a yard sale several years ago for a dollar. So far it hasn't spoiled. :thumbup: LOL! Yep, they walk among us and you will notice as you get older, they seem to increase.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:50 AM
Banned

What scares me more is that one day, one of these "people" will be running this country..........
Bev
Old 10-29-2009, 09:51 AM

love it! i am just so surprised that someone in JoAnne's actually offered you help! the employees at the one I go to just stand around, looking like they hate their job. it's probably because of all those ham requests... 8)
Old 10-29-2009, 09:58 AM

I have seen a ham holder. I have a small ironboard that has two sides. One is smaller than the other & has legs that seperate them so that you can have one up off the table or flip & use the other side. A lady I used to work for gave it to me. I don't know what it is called. Anybody got any ideals. I haven't seen this in stores. It is real useful for tight spots that you want to iron out or curve.