Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October 2009 Doll Quilt Swap (Partners Assigned!) - Signup Closed >

October 2009 Doll Quilt Swap (Partners Assigned!) - Signup Closed

October 2009 Doll Quilt Swap (Partners Assigned!) - Signup Closed

Old 10-31-2009, 04:13 PM

We do have a bunch for the November/December swap! But these October quilts are just gorgeous. How am I going to copy all these?!! I need more swaps! LOL! I just wanted to say all of you are such talented quilters. From the beginners to the advanced. You all made them look like you've been quilting 100+ years! They are all so special. I hope we get more participants that will venture into doll quilt territory. It is really easy and stress-free, not to mention you get to start and complete a quilt. I do have trouble with that feat! These doll quilts stretch my ability and give me great satisfaction. Yeah, it's a small quilt, but what great practice. Try out a new technique, use up those scraps, buy some fabric that talks to you, minimize a pattern you've been thinking of, start from scratch if you're a newbie. Just sew and have fun!

January is Esqmommy's theme: design a quilt representative of your state or country. I hope you all will consider joining in on the fun! It can be as simple as an orange color if your state is Florida or California (we both produce oranges!). Don't over think it. Just create! We'll go back to partners in January, so you'll learn a little about your partner's state or country!

Happy quilting everyone!
Old 10-31-2009, 04:36 PM
Power Poster

Jan. sounds like fun too Chele.....does the fun never end????? :shock: NOOOOOO! :lol: :lol:
Old 10-31-2009, 06:47 PM

HEY CHELE- I know the theme for Jan. is State or Country but can we do city also?? just wondering
Old 10-31-2009, 07:00 PM

Norbana,
Love you pastel doll quilt. It is so pretty.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:45 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rhonda
Originally Posted by Lacelady
I can't believe it, I am off the board for a couple of days, and had to look at 6 pages to catch up. Such lovely quilts are arriving day by day now, so well done to all the makers, and I envy the receivers. I shall just have to keep signing up until I have one from all of you.
LOL Lacelady do you realize there are 65 signed up for the Nov/Dec swap? How long would that take to get one from everyone? I think these swaps are going to have a long life ahead!! LOL
Weeellllll, assuming 11 swaps a year, and no one else joining in, then getting on for 6 years! LOL.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:41 AM

I can't speak for Chele, since she is the DQ QUEEN, but it seems to me that your city represents a portion of your state, so it would be great to do something for your city - what is it? For example, in CA, Gilroy is known as the garlic capitol! If I lived there, I would probably make something around that, and it would represent both my state and my city! I don't live there (man, it gets hooooot there), but you know what I mean! I live near Berkeley, and found some great tye dye fabric, so I may go with something along those lines!
Old 11-01-2009, 07:50 AM

I have a great idea for mine-- IF it works could take me till January just to find the right fabric!!LOL
Old 11-01-2009, 08:22 AM

WOW I am definately NOT ready for January yet...thats too far ahead for me. Dec 31st is far enough ahead...LOL
Old 11-01-2009, 08:25 AM

ESqmommy- I live in Holland and it's known for tulip time and all the tulips so I would be doing something with tulips! :D
Old 11-01-2009, 08:36 AM

Oh how cute. You threw me off for a minute, because I saw Michigan! Then I remembered there is Holland MI!! What a great idea! Who doesn't love tulips?!! You'll have lots of people wanting to be your partner!