Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Stash >

Stash

Stash

Old 02-21-2013, 08:53 AM

That's an awesome idea! I need to do that!
Old 02-21-2013, 08:59 AM

[QUOTE=Sierra;5872695]
Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post

"My husband who normally doesn't come to my fabric room unless it is to
ask about when I am planning to make dinner (his way of saying he is hungry)....."

Louise, My babe and I are both retired and he also comes into my quilting room about meals... he comes to tell me I have a 5 minute or 10 minute window and dinner will be on the table!!! It may be because, as I found out years after she died, my mother was famous for being a drab cook (and I never knew it), but my BIL, SIL, sons, best friends' hubbys also all cook. They got bored when they retired, and started experimenting in the kitchen (or, in the case of SIL he likes to cook on weekends). You should encourage your DH to try it. At the very least it will keep him busy while you quilt!!!! LOL
My husband just comes in and asks, "Did you have anything in mind for dinner, or am I on my own?" LOL! Sometimes he cooks, sometimes I actually cook, sometimes it's sandwiches. I keep wishing he would take up quilting, well maybe not..... then I'd have to share! LOL
Old 02-21-2013, 09:09 AM

My DH comes into the quilt room occasionally to see what I'm working on. If I could talk him into it, I'd have him pressing fabrics and helping me cut the scraps into my preferred sizes. But he's a smart man -- he makes a brief visit & off he goes with comments about what HE'S doing.... : )
Old 02-21-2013, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by barny View Post
Sharin'Sharon please learn how to drive! I have a sister who is 90 now, but she has had to depend on anyone and everyone to take her to the Dr, store, shopping, etc,etc,etc. It is not funny when you are alone. Just trying to be nice in my thoughts. You really, really need to learn. It's never too late.
barny and RoseP: I haven't driven for 6 1/2 years now. Was turning age 61 since my last drive due to having an eye disease that forces eyesight to just tunnell vision; no peripheral vision, so cannot pass a driver's eye exam. I cried all the way home from work that last day before my birthday. But I still can see to sew, which I have done since I could hold a needle. And when my hubby won't take me to a quilt shop, I take advantage of online ordering. Woo Hoo.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by francie yuhas View Post
My DH is an accountant: he thinks I should do a photo record if each piece in my stash, file them according to heaven only knows some method,and do a monthly account of what' there! I remind him that the value of fabric I got 20 years ago has gone up more than his stocks and bonds! Any idea of what I'm going to do with him after he actually retires in a month? Too bad he won't learn how to rip seams!
Teach him how to cook!
Old 02-21-2013, 11:49 AM

Dh doesn't give me a bad time about my stash, but if he did, I'd remind him about the cost of his leather recliner and the huge TV in front of it where he spends his time. My stash has a long way to go before it catches up!
Old 02-21-2013, 12:04 PM

LOL he is now enlightened.I have a lot of fabric too and some is too pretty to cut so I collect.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:46 PM
Power Poster

Well, that's certainly one way to show him he has to quit complaining about your stash. Maybe next time you can ask him how many power tools he has. Just a suggestion.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:07 PM

Thats true.. .you can always find someone with a larger stash than your own, and a more elaborate sewing area than your own....
Old 02-21-2013, 01:18 PM

I second "Please learn how to drive!"
My Mom learned to drive at age 67 when my father passed away and she discovered that friends and neighbours, while kind, really didn't appreciate having to take her everywhere.

Originally Posted by barny View Post
Sharin'Sharon please learn how to drive! I have a sister who is 90 now, but she has had to depend on anyone and everyone to take her to the Dr, store, shopping, etc,etc,etc. It is not funny when you are alone. Just trying to be nice in my thoughts. You really, really need to learn. It's never too late.