Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap  -- Closed >

Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap -- Closed

Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap -- Closed

Old 02-21-2013, 05:45 PM

Default Little Snip of Table Topper

This is what I sent my partner today to see if she liked the colors. If not, I was going to Plan B. She likes what I have so far, so I am going to finish it this weekend I hope. Ignore the wild thread in there.

Off to a guild meeting.
Diane
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Spring Swap 500x551.jpg
Views:	666
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	396969  
Old 02-21-2013, 06:14 PM

ooooh that is soo springy! and you use thread? uh oh. I may have forgot some thats why my fabric is on the counter and not looking like a .. runner! OMG thanks for the heads up!

no sewing tonight. I am too tired but tomorrow is a full day and a post office run Jan. I wanted the snow to melt a little bit more. I am a weanie when it comes to driving in the snow in my two wheel drive truck. slip slidding away... slip slidding away... oh no. hell no. So I sit here and wait. it was so warm today surely it will be melted by noon. its a tad cold again tonight but it warms up quick almost 45 today. that is pretty good. no wind. me in moccasins, out in the snow, walking in the house, freezing freezing feet. think gee the house needs warming up better turn on the heater.. duh do I think maybe taking your wet shoes off and putting those warm socks on might help? sometimes I kill myself at how I can la la la miss something like that. dork. no cooking tonight. I made eggs and toast for dh. not too hungry yet. why eat if your not hungry? maybe an apple. I can do an apple. fuji apples right now are so juicy they drip in your hand.. yum.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:28 PM

I have to chime in and say congrats on hubby's news, Nancia! My mom lives with dh and I..she is a lung cancer survivor..been in remission almost 9 years!! She has her whole left lung, only one lobe of the right one, the lower 2 lobes were removed with the tumor...I feel compelled to say that her surgeon and her Pulmonologist both said her "margins" were good, and no lymph node involvement...so they didn't recommend chemo...Well, that worried me...I ended up calling an Oncologist that has an amazing reputation here, to get Mom an appointment and his opinion...it was funny, his receptionist asked me who was referring Mom? I replied "I am"...total silence for a few seconds...and I thought, here we go, won't see Mom because no Dr referral...but I was wrong..we got in to see him..and he agreed with me!! He said it only takes one little smidge of cancer cell to be left, and in his opinion better to NOT chance it...he also said he had not had anyone with operable lung cancer who had the surgery 1st, then the chemo...he does chemo 1st, then the surgery..so Mom was sort of a "guinea pig"....She had 2 diff chemos, and she sailed thru them..she lost her hair, I knitted her bright colorful caps.. She was only nauseated once. Now here we are almost 9 yrs later...Sad thing is 3 different people we know of had lung cancer, 2 had surgeries, but did no chemo...all 3 are deceased...I am certainly no doctor, don't even play one on tv..lol...but for Mom and I we feel the need to at least get her story out there...One more thing, Mom's Oncologist answered his own phone after office hours!! I had heard he did..I had to call him one time on a week-end, it rang and then I heard, "Dr. Z here"..I was almost speechless (yes its true..the blabbermouth was speechless)...
Have a great week-end all...I must add, God is great!
Kif
PS: We just had a 6"+ snowfall 2 days ago, next afternoon mostly melted! Only here in Texas panhandle area..We have a saying, "If you don't like the weather, wait a few minutes..."

Last edited by kiffie2413; 02-22-2013 at 03:30 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:36 PM

Kiffie what a difficult story with a happy ending. I say celebrate. Every day and every nite. What a gift huh? we take it so much for granted me hands up first in line. Not anymore. I take each day and on bended knee say thank you. At night I say the same thing. Thank you. I am so fortunate. someone said today that I was so strong they didnt think they could be. I said you know until your tested you are clueless the endless depth of strength you have. There is always just that one more inch. Amazing isn't it? I wish I had never been tested 'how strong are you" however I am so thankful to find out stronger than imagined

now onto fun things like .. SEWING. first off .. where is our fearless leader? our inspiration? our one and only She Who must be Obeyed? ANASTASIA where are you? 95 percent done with Marybeths and today was a happy sewing day. I feel like this huge aahhh is lifted. I received such a pretty star tablemat from Jaba today for our side swap brat pack patriotic wonder. I hope hint hint she can post it for me. I will try otherwise it might take a few days. around here its days til I can post a single pic. argh pirates right? Jan.. do you have a pic of the pretty russian doll one too? can you show everyone? we also had a first brat pack swap and I sent her fabrics to make me something.. I sent the russian dolls and little russian sleigh people and she made a cool black/red/blue runner. I would love to share the pics here to inspire all of you to whip one more out or even.. one out. Marybeth has her runner that i sent her but wont be able to share it til March when her internet shows up. I finished my patriotic to Marybeth so she can show that when her net shows up or gives me permission to try to show it first. (try key word). Vanogay.. how goes it on your runner? your so quiet... hope your feeling better.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:09 PM

I'm here.. just trying to survive the week. Whew it's over! got another like.. 4 inches of snow. Trying to keep my truck from imploding on itself before I can try to trade it in this weekend.. Hope I am successful. I was so annoyed this morning with the commute. I always leave an hour early for almost anywhere I need to go, if I can because of my issues I like to decompress before I have to psych myself into interacting with humans. It normally takes me about 25 minutes to get to school. It took over a friggin hour today. Luckily I left 15 minutes earlier than usual and I got to class with 5 minutes to spare. sheesh. I don't understand two things. 1. why people think that 15mph on the freeway is ok, 2. why people think they're special enough to go around the line of cars going 5mph by going into a exit/turn lane and cutting back in at the last second. Do they not realize THEY are the reason the line is going 5mph?! So that'd be just a "whatever, dumbarse" if it was 1 person.. but it'd be a LINE of like 20 cars that'd do this. Repeatedly. Really, I wish people would either figure out how to drive in snow if they're going to live in an area that has a winter, or get the heck out of my way and do us all a favor. I know certain people who simply refuse to drive in winter, they stress out way too much and they know they hold up traffic. They will call in to work and not come in. I commend them!!! Ok enough of my rant. I'm cold. I'm hungry. I'm VERY VERY VERY tired. and I gotta let the dog out still and figure out why this cat is being velcro. Probably wants food.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:42 AM

food is a marvelous thing. ask all four of my cats so sorry you had a bad commute day but its SATURDAY! your day off!!! stay inside, stay warm and stay happy girl. I am glad another hell week is behind you. Your doing it. Work, school and still breathing I say you should pat yourself on the back big time. We are all rooting for you. I am one who stays off the roads when it is snowing, has snowed .. not comfortable at all driving on ice. no thanks. Rain no issues at all. Here in Ca people it seems lose it on the highways during a good rain. like they have never seen it, dont understand it and either drive way too slow or way too fast for the conditions. the bay area is the worst.

I go to Stanford either the 27th or the 4th for an angioplasty to get this new artificial tube opened back up. There go some very good sewing days. shoot. best get on things big time today after clinic. that and dh asked for apple struddle for his birthday (sunday) and also for a cheesecake for the girl at the office. first it was for Wed now its for tomorrow also. seems he wants to gift her bday cake early to make a point to the other one who is a wench ..what the point is I have no idea like you dont get one? in the mean time its me whipping up these things. hellooooo. I think its a tired weekend too.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:24 AM

I'm one who stays off the roads when there's ice or snow too. I don't live where it's a regular occurrence for a reason! I don't want anything to do with it n a regular basis. I don't want to shovel it, drive on it, walk on it, or have to wear that many clothes every day. It's nice to go to Denmark to visit, but if I lived there, they might have to put me on prozac, lol.

I'm going to see if the boyfriend will let me alone long enough to get a little sewing in before we go to Birmingham for that formal thing tonight. He told me a couple days ago that he should send me a link to the place we're going to stay in case I wanted to go to the spa while we are there (Ooh, can I really? Yes please!), but he hasn't yet. I'm sure you have to book in advance & I haven't obviously, so I may not get to. I can't tell you how much I'd love a massage though! My back and neck haven't been happy with me lately. They're not screaming, but I can feel they aren't as happy as they should be. 6 months on the couch unemployed, looking for a job, and recovering from foot surgery have made my muscles dislike sitting at a desk for 8-9 hrs a day, so they're really unhappy when I do one of my side jobs too!

So tonight I'll be wearing my dark flame red hair, my army green and gold backless dress, matching green and gold nails, gold shoes and gold pashmina (big scarf used as a wrap). It's the first time my boyfriend has ever worn a tuxedo, even though he wears either a suit or a sports coat almost every day to work, so that should be interesting. He's so freaked out and worried that I'm going to be all dressed up and he's not going to look as good. I probably won't be back until tomorrow evening. I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 02-23-2013, 08:05 AM

Default for brat

Here's your russian dolls Linda but I can't find a pic of the patriotic one, I must have forgot to take it. [ATTACH=CONFIG]397271[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1047.JPG
Views:	269
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	397271  
Old 02-23-2013, 08:45 AM

I would have been trying to fussy cut all those pieces, lol. I don't buy many fabrics like this that I really love, because I know I can't just cut it and go, lol.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:45 PM

i'm not sewing today. another 43843579837467 migraine. i can't lose any more time.....i have things to do! when i'm feeling better, like tomorrow, i will post pix of the beautiful sewing machine cabinet dh put together for me! it took days, but, it has an airlift!! and it's on wheels-- so i can sew in the family room and watch tv or be annoyed by my dh. he loves asking me questions about what i'm doing and why and couldn't i do it this way instead? and why is it called that? it doesn't look like a goose. etc, ad nauseum!!! but i do like watching the t.v!
thank you for sharing our joy! i wish the same success for all those still fighting! miracles happen all the time!!