Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Hello from Raleigh >
  • Hello from Raleigh

• Hello from Raleigh

Old 03-09-2013, 06:16 AM

A local quilt guild should be able to help you, but I hope you post pictures for us anyway, we're all anxious to see the treasures you have!
    Old 03-09-2013, 07:01 AM

Thank's for the warm welcome!!!.I will take some pictures this afternoon and try to post them if I can figure it out.lol
    Old 03-09-2013, 07:05 AM

Welcome from New Hampshire. I agree with the others, contact a local quilt shop or quilt guild. Even your local historical society may have someone for you to speak to. Good luck on your hunt for information. Who knows, maybe it will lead you to quilt on your own. There are no coincidences.....'
    Old 03-09-2013, 07:49 AM

It's always so sad to hear of quilts that are being neglected & sitting in some box or tub, instead of out being used & loved. So glad you appreciate them for what they are, instead of just throwing them away or letting a dog sleep on them. I will be looking forward to seeing pics. of them. Welcome from the panhandle of GREAT state of Texas.
    Old 03-09-2013, 09:18 AM

Yes exactly,this Lady put so much time into these I couldnt even imagine..One of my buddys wanted one to put under his car b/c it drips oil in his driveway..he didnt get it just fyi.
    Old 03-09-2013, 10:27 AM

Chris3829, I just want to thank you and congratulate you on having your dedication to doing the right thing! What caught my eye was "Raleigh" because I was born there... Rex Hospital... don't know if it's even still there after 6 decades! My parents moved us to Oklahoma just before I entered 1st grade, so I haven't been there in a loooooong time.

You were wise to locate this Quilt Board... I would love to know how you found it? All the ideas presented here are excellent ideas and I do not have another... just wanted to tell you I appreciate your effort to do right by these quilts...
    Thank you!!!!
    Old 03-09-2013, 10:42 AM

Tnxs running means alot!.When my Grandma passed we were in such a rush to get her belonging out of the house we accually threw out so much of her life and I regret that so much, It was back in 1992 and I was young and didnt relize the importance of everything.Getting older def puts alot in perspctive..Anyway yea Rex is still there and it's a huge Hospital now one of the best around!..I found you guys by just typing in "quilt forum" now a days there is a forum for everything!.Im getting out of work in a couple hrs and hopefully I can post some pics of the Quilts.
    Old 03-09-2013, 03:28 PM

I posted some pictures,but I guess Im to new to put a picture up..Hope ya'll have a good evening and thanks for the warm welcome!
    Old 03-09-2013, 04:07 PM

Thank you, Chris, so much for not just tossing them out. A quilt shop or quilt guild should be able to help you.
    Old 03-09-2013, 04:48 PM

Welcome Chris3829..some folks have problems uploading pix, but it is fairly simple. Just type your message or introduction into the reply box at the bottom of this page....then see the little icon-third from the right end above the message box? Click on that and option will come up for inserting your pix. If you've already uploaded from camera to computer, your pix should be in your "my pictures" folder. Right? So click the photo and then 'upload'. In a moment you will see it and then you should post your reply, or ''submit''....I forget because I've been using iPad. Give it a try until you are successful...we are all waiting to see these quilts.