Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Accuquilt Go Help >
  • Accuquilt Go Help

• Accuquilt Go Help

Old 03-12-2013, 03:06 PM

I think the biggest value for me is the time saved. I know there there are more experienced quilters out there who probably can cut some of this stuff in their sleep, but for a working woman with a toddler, another on the way, and little to no experience this is a HUGE help. I keep my machine in my sewing room (or where it will be someday), and so far use the DWR and a variety of squares!
    Old 03-12-2013, 03:34 PM

I have 3 different strip dies, and use it all the time. For me, it is the ONLY way I get perfectly cut strips. I also have the June Tailor Quarter Cut ruler, but still had inconsistencies when I used it. I put my Accuquilt Go on a rolling microwave cart to keep it handy, but out of the way if not using it. The dies fit nicely on the lower shelves.
    Old 03-12-2013, 04:30 PM

Ladies, I just heard last week of a guild that owns one and the members can use it. I don't know if they take it to their individual homes or use it during their meetings, which is what I personally would rather do. Probably a signup sheet to keep track but to me that seems like a good use of guild money that would benefit many members.
    Old 03-12-2013, 05:49 PM

I have had mine for a couple of years and I use it all the time. It is invaluable in making my binding strips. I have to admit I do not use it that often for the all shapes but I love my strips.
    Old 03-12-2013, 06:54 PM

I guess I need to get mine out and keep it accessible. I feel guilty because I had to have it when it first came out and have barely used it. I have yet to cut an accurate strip when using it. I fold as carefully as I can and still end up screwing up one way or another. Maybe have to give it another try.
    Old 03-12-2013, 07:57 PM

i bought one and love to cut differant appliques , i dont have a lot of dies , because some of them are exspensive , but i use the ones i have all the time!
    Old 03-12-2013, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by garysgal
    I have a Go Baby and love it as well. But I have a question: how do you cut strips that are longer than the die? It seems that I would only be able to cut the strips the length of the die and then sew them together. Is this right or am I missing something?
    You can cut up to 4 or 6 layers of cotton fabric (I forget which) if you layer the fabric. So your strips will be as long as your fabric, 44" etc. Go on You Tube and watch some of the videos, or the AccuQuilt web site. Good Luck.
    Old 03-13-2013, 04:06 AM

I am lucky enough to have mine sitting out and I do find I use it more often because of that. I am cutting all my left over pieces from quilts into tumbler blocks for a scrap quilt. I also use it to cut my binding strips. Very fast and very straight.
    Old 03-13-2013, 04:14 AM

I made sure I had a dedicated spot for mine before I bought it. I recently purchased the Go! Baby. I don't need all the applique dies since I don't know how too..lol

I did buy the one that makes 5" squares. So I can make my own charm packs to send to my niece. And now I can go through my scraps and make Ispy charm packs too.
    Old 03-13-2013, 08:19 AM

If you want to sell something and make a fair amount for it, try SewItsForSale--it's a Yahoo group. People there know what things are worth and are happy to pay a reasonable amount for a used item.