Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Secret Pal Swap Closes 4pm Feb 28th >

March Secret Pal Swap Closes 4pm Feb 28th

March Secret Pal Swap Closes 4pm Feb 28th

Old 03-18-2013, 03:18 PM

I just rec'd a great pkg from DONNA LUIGI, look at the stack of fabric! A measuring tape in a cute little container, my 5" half hexagon ruler (my most wanted item), 2 cute patterns I will be using for my upcoming grand baby, zippers I collect to make cute things with, a beautiful black onyx bracelet, and let's not forget the chocolate!Thank you again Donna, I just love everything!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]402619[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]402620[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	MarchSP (377x400).jpg
Views:	127
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	402619   Click image for larger version

Name:	MarchSP2 (400x339).jpg
Views:	131
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	402620  
Old 03-18-2013, 03:20 PM

http://www.fiskarscrafts.com/project...=coffeecupcozy

Here is an adorable coffee sleeve tutorial from Fiskar.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:20 PM

The puppy quilt is adorable. I have made over a dozen. It is my most used pattern.

Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
I just rec'd a great pkg from DONNA LUIGI, look at the stack of fabric! A measuring tape in a cute little container, my 5" half hexagon ruler (my most wanted item), 2 cute patterns I will be using for my upcoming grand baby, zippers I collect to make cute things with, a beautiful black onyx bracelet, and let's not forget the chocolate!Thank you again Donna, I just love everything!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]402619[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]402620[/ATTACH]
Old 03-18-2013, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by leiladylei54 View Post
I am quite disappointed in our Postal system. I mailed out on Wednesday, March 13th, the receipt says "expected delivery on Saturday, March 16th" and still my SP hasn't received hers. I am very upset that it's taking this long for it to reach her. Did the package take a detour and on a world tour before arriving at her place???
I dropped mine off at the post office on Sunday night, and finally on Wednesday the package showed up on the online tracking.... It got delivered in a couple of days after that though but yes, have had my issues with the postal service too. Hopefully your SP gets the package soon! Sometimes the mailmen have so much mail to deliver that they can't take all the boxes with them....
Old 03-18-2013, 04:04 PM

Just signed up for the Secret Partner Pin Cushion/Needlecase Swap. Going to make some neat ones! Get my practice down so I can make even better ones for my SP!
Old 03-18-2013, 04:06 PM
Power Poster

Received my wonderful package from Adeliahartzog today. It came on a great day because feeling bad about my BFF who had to have hip surgery and now go to a NH for recuperation. Anyway she sent me 2 scissors, highligher, potholders, sunglasses, snowflake candle, 3 repo prints fat qtrs., 4 more brown and blue fat qtrs., peeps, cotton candy, peanut m&m's (my favoarite), butterly, notebook, jar of buttons, coffee cup buttons, quilting tape and she made me a beautiful Christmas bag. Hit the jackpot - thanks so much Adelia. Love everything.

][ATTACH=CONFIG]402624[/ATTACH]

Name:	Mar SP 2 (Small).jpg
Views:	110
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	402624  
Old 03-18-2013, 04:08 PM
Power Poster

Sorry I couldn't post both pictures at the same time.[ATTACH=CONFIG]402625[/ATTACH]

Name:	Mar SP 001 (Small).jpg
Views:	113
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	402625  
Old 03-18-2013, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
Got a question for everyone... do you wait to sew for your SP so you can create in their favorite colors or do you make a variety of items and then send those? I am struggling as I have time to sew now for a couple of weeks but then May revision will hit at work and I will not see the light of day for April and May. Can anyone share how they do it? I so want my packages to be customized, but I have to work with in my personal parameters.

Thanks for any suggestions.
I really think you need to do what is right for you. I have some things made up ahead of time in various colours (like mug rugs, towels, and stilettos), and pull from that when in a time crunch. I live in a rural area so trying to find a specific item requested takes time and often some travelling, so I figure having a few things made up ahead of time is the sensible thing to do. But if I can I also make up something special as well. On another board we do birthday surprises, and it took me two weeks to find a turtle for one person. In that case, I was glad to also have things made up.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:28 PM

Default March 2013 Secret Pal Package from Barefoot Quilter

I received a beautiful package in the mail the other day from Barefoot Quilter; she included several fabrics, some beautiful blue batiks; a shell windchime (my other one wore out last summer - winds in MN have been crazy of late); some fun Halloween and Christmas yo-yo's; a couple of emboidered hand towels - one with a butterfly the other with a bird; a couple of clothespin reminder clips - going to put magnet on so can stay on fridge; jumbo safety pins; shamrock ribbon and a wrist pin cushion; an Easter decoration; a couple of pocket sized photo books; McCall's Magazine - want to make the gift styled quilt blocks - lots of inspiration to be found in the magazine - and one Chocolate bunny; thank you so much for such a fabulous swap package.

Name:	March 2013 secret pal pkg from Barefoot Quilter.JPG
Views:	391
Size:	270.1 KB
ID:	402628  
Old 03-18-2013, 05:12 PM

Texas, your package was supposed to get to you on Sat. Hopefully tomorrow.