Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
what is good to sell at craft fairs >

what is good to sell at craft fairs

what is good to sell at craft fairs

Old 02-28-2013, 08:21 PM

I made a small fortune in the tissue holders, really really easy! I bought my tissue at Staples, the more tissue you buy the cheaper it is! I bought a case for about 5.00 - 6.00, their brand of tissue, I sold my tissue packs for 3.00 each, they were a hit! I got the idea from the link on this site http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...r-t107636.html.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:38 PM

I don't do craft tables, but I have sold a lot of microwave bowls. Only takes about an hour to make them. Started out giving them as Christmas gifts & have so many orders for more of them. Cuddle babies are really cute & fun to make too. Also oven dresses. Have also sold several of these.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by willferg View Post
I will often buy those kitchen towels that have either crochet or some method of allowing them to be hung from the oven...
And there are lots of free patterns to sew the top and ties on the internet. Check tipnut.com for patterns. I made a few of those last year to give to family members and kept two for myself. Love those.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by Halo View Post
I don't do craft tables, but I have sold a lot of microwave bowls. Only takes about an hour to make them. Started out giving them as Christmas gifts & have so many orders for more of them. Cuddle babies are really cute & fun to make too. Also oven dresses. Have also sold several of these.
I use my microwave bowl every day!! I love mine! I paid 5$ for one at a craft show. I figured my time was worth 5$ vs me making one.
Sandy
Old 03-01-2013, 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by oldtnquiltinglady View Post
I have a sister who is a craft fair seller, and this year, aprons are great. She charges $15 to $25 for hers, but they are really cute, and she makes seasonal aprons (Valentines, Christmas, birthday, Mom, Dad, I'm the cook, etc.) If this is your first at something like this, go "lots of little, cutie things, not real expensive. Try to talk with someone who has done one in the past--(and make sure she won't be competing with you, hahah). And I haven't ever heard of a vendor's license for craft fair things; but we're in TN and I don't get out much. Will you be having to share your profits, or do you pay a fee for each day you set up? Have fun. I am glad I don't have to do this type of thing for a living (my sister does); too much work for too little money for my taste.....
Each State has their own rules and guidelines for Crafter licenses. Check your State Revenue website. If the craft show is requiring one, the already are likely aware of the need for a crafter license.

Sandy
Old 03-01-2013, 05:36 PM

I just now found this pattern for the snap bags...several diff't sizes and other patterns available at same site
http://www.createforless.com/Stitchi...utm_medium=cse
Old 03-01-2013, 06:47 PM

Snap Bag Tutorial I use:

http://tatteredgarden.blogspot.com/2...-tutorial.html
Old 03-03-2013, 05:03 PM

I agree about the smaller more inexpensive items. But it wouldn't hurt to have a couple 'larger/pricier' items there even if nobody buys them. Sometimes I will ask the person for a business card and contact her later to purchase a more expensive item. Another item that might sell well are the tea bag wallets. Tea drinkers (my daughters come to mind) like to have 2 or 3 tea bags (of their favorite kind) with them. I think you can find a tutorial here on the quilting board, if you search.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by tuppermern View Post
That time of the year is also good for selling "cool ties'. It helps to have one activated & wearing one to show how refreshing they are! Check them out at watersorb.com
I build (sew) them into wine totes so they can go into the freezer and then put the wine in to keep it cool on a picnic.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:04 AM

Pincushions are a also a quick sale item. I buy odd tea cups at yard sales, you can buy small plastic pots,trinket boxes that may have a bad top, and things like that for bases. After that it's just scraps of fabric, stuffing,lace, and ribbon. You can also use cardboard and make flower shaped pincushions.