Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • AccuQuilt to buy or not? >
  • AccuQuilt to buy or not?

• AccuQuilt to buy or not?

Old 03-27-2013, 04:44 AM

My hubby bought me one also for christmas....I too said no I don't need that but he insisted.....I have weak wrists and arthritis in my back. I relented .....and I thank him all the time! I don't use it everyday...only because I do so much different kinds of sewing, but when I use it I love it.....especially half square triangles! When purchasing I would keep these things in mind
    storage....studio is the best. But requires more dollars to purchase and more space to store.
    what kind of sewing will you do? how often will you use it for and for what?
    After the purchase....It is absolutely IMPORTANT to roll the fabric through the machine the correct way to get accurate cuts.

my vote..."GO" for it...hubby's like their quilter wife's to have their toys and love getting it for them!
    Old 03-27-2013, 06:48 AM
    Power Poster

When cutting scraps that may fit only one way, usually crooked, on the die, I put a piece of paper under the fabric. This keeps the fabric from stretching when not cut on the straight of grain. There are lot of cutting tips on Youtube for the Go.
    Old 03-27-2013, 07:13 AM

I'd give up quilting if not for the Accuquilt. It's a lifesaver for me. I wish I'd bought the studio, but am very happy with my Go.

Bella, tks for the tip on the paper. That's a great idea.
    Old 03-27-2013, 07:22 AM
    Power Poster

I have the go and the studio, love them!!!!
    Old 03-27-2013, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by clsurz
    Best quilting tool ever invented. I own both the Go and Studio and I prefer the Studio for the money. The accuquilt site has a sale on the Studio right now. IMHO if you want to invest go with the Studio simply because it is alot more sturdy than the Go an you can use all GO dies in the Studio but can't use Studio in the GO.
    Certainly the Studio is "better", but it needs a dedicated spot...and a lot of us don't have that much room....I have a GO and many dies and am very happy with the purchase...no regrets at all....I am for anything that makes my quilting life easier, faster and more fun......less stress is my mantra
    Prices can vary considerably....there is a group on Yahoo that has a distributor as its moderator, if you interested pm me.
    Old 03-27-2013, 02:51 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Peckish
    Best prices are at diecutyourfabric.com. Prices show are retail, discounts are taken after you select your payment method. You won't be charged until you actually submit your order. No affiliation, just a happy customer, yada yada. Owner of the website has a yahoo group pinsandneedles1 if you're interested or have questions.

The prices are the lowest at that website.
    Old 03-27-2013, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by grandma23
    My dear hubby thinks I should get one. He saw it at Joanns the other day. I sorta said I don't need that...lol. Well now I am rethinking it.

Where is the best place to buy it?

What is a good price for it?

Anything bad or good I should know before I decide to buy?

Thanks for any and all help you can give.

I bought mine from Amazon-----------and my checkbook is still mad at all those who recommenced it so highly. I love it-----------but it's NOT cheap.
    Old 03-27-2013, 04:28 PM

Look on the www.sewforless.com

I have the AQ Studio and seldom do any quilts unless I can die cut the majority of pieces.
    Old 03-27-2013, 04:36 PM

I totally agree. I also have both...but only because I bought the Go first. Love both of them. I would not buy the baby go...to small. To me...its worth the money.
    Originally Posted by clsurz
    Best quilting tool ever invented. I own both the Go and Studio and I prefer the Studio for the money. The accuquilt site has a sale on the Studio right now. IMHO if you want to invest go with the Studio simply because it is alot more sturdy than the Go an you can use all GO dies in the Studio but can't use Studio in the GO.
    Old 03-27-2013, 04:37 PM

I store my studio in the closet on its side. takes less room that way. My huddy lugs its out when needed.
    Originally Posted by Geri B
    Certainly the Studio is "better", but it needs a dedicated spot...and a lot of us don't have that much room....I have a GO and many dies and am very happy with the purchase...no regrets at all....I am for anything that makes my quilting life easier, faster and more fun......less stress is my mantra
    Prices can vary considerably....there is a group on Yahoo that has a distributor as its moderator, if you interested pm me.