Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Round Robin 2012/2013 pictures >

Round Robin 2012/2013 pictures

Round Robin 2012/2013 pictures

Old 03-31-2013, 08:56 AM

Paula the second piano border looks lovely!!

I'm back from a month long stay in Arizona for spring training! We had a great time. I didn't do as much sewing as I thought I might-just a couple of afternoons. Looking forward to getting back into my quilting groove! It's good to be home! Can't wait to see the grankiddos later today. Happy Easter everyone! He is risen! He is risen indeed!
Old 03-31-2013, 06:08 PM

Thanks Nancy. Sounds like you had a wonderful time in Arizona and I hope you enjoyed the afternoon with those grand kids today. I get to see my son and grandson next Friday for my son's birthday. It will be the first time in months and can hardly wait. Miss those boys.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:46 AM
Power Poster

all posted are awesome
Old 04-01-2013, 05:23 AM

Thanks Solstice. They really are fun to watch which turn each round will take.

Paula, that sounds fantastic. I can definitely identify. I haven't seen my grandson since he was born. I'm planning a trip in May with mom and sister to go and squeeze the stuffing out of that adorable little bunny. You'll have to get in lots of extra hugs to make up for lost time!!

I'm am working hard on Gena's round and am really trying to get that off to you this week. I will definitely let you know when I mail off. I have lots of thoughts for yours also. (They keep pushing there way into my brain.) It's weird having two tops here. It's like they are both fighting for my attention. lol I have your top and Gena's at the moment. I am going to go shopping for my fabric for yours this week. The quilt show is coming SOON. So want to get out and get what I need before they monkey with the prices.

Have a good visit with you son and grandson.

*Hugs* Blue Robins. I'm hoping that spring is finally here. (It lifts my spirits, by ten!)
Old 04-01-2013, 01:13 PM

Default Pictures!!

Hi Blue Robins, it is official. I have finished my round on Gena's top. Paula, I will be mailing off to you on Wednesday morning. Sorry my photo just doesn't do the colors justice. I hope you like what I added. I am now on my last round. I will be starting yours soon Paula. I am going shopping for fabrics on Wednesday and have to make a trip to the copy place to tweak my pattern toward the end of the week. Then I will be ready to start on my round for yours. (I'm still doing a bit of brain storming.)Look forward to hear how the rest of you are coming along.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1e57c0b1-d44d-48b2-a53b-9fc204911b20.jpg
Views:	1061
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	405759  
Old 04-01-2013, 03:44 PM

Oh my goodness Judith - I love what you have done! Just the right touch and will make my round even more challenging - in a good way.
Good luck with mine - I had no idea where it might go when I made the center but love where it has gone. Just have fun with it.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:06 PM

Thank you Paula, I loved working on Gena's. My pinwheels fit together almost perfectly. Yeah!! It's only taken 4 rounds to get the hang of it. LOL

I can't wait to get started on yours. I just need to get my ideas down to the right idea. I hope to have a plan in place by the end of the week. I want to have plenty of time to make it all come together. I will have fun working on yours. (wink, wink, lol, I get to go shopping for pretty batiks!)

I know you will find just the right border for Gena's. It is another gorgeous top to work on. My picture hardly does the colors justice. Initially, I was hoping to incorporated Gena's white print from the center. But, I never could find anything close. So, I just brain stormed a slightly different color way. Boy did my mom fight me hard over the polka dots. But, I stand by my decision. I really like how they look. It needed a small print on the white. (Or at least I thought so.)

I am so honored to be able to put the finishing round on yours. I bet everyone else feels the same. lol The end will almost be bittersweet. I have stressed over each round. But, I've also loved what I've added. And everyone will have just a little bit of me. (And I have thought of all of you each time I worked on your RR tops.) I have loved everything you all have added and will think of you often whenever I see my quilt. It is so bright and happy! It makes me smile.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:10 PM
Power Poster

Lovely round robins. I am visiting from http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...ml#post5971458. We are doing a row robin but I would like to try a round robbin next. All the quilts in progres look amazing.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:28 AM

Thanks Anna. I am in the same Row Robin - Group 2
This Round Robin has been so much fun - these ladies are really talented. I would love to participate in another one if one gets scheduled.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:11 PM

Gena, I sent Tammy's off to you today. Tracking #9405 9036 9930 0084 5724 07 You may have to sign for it as I insured it for $300.00 and Judith just let me know that I will have to sign for her shipment because of the insurance.