Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap  -- Closed >

Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap -- Closed

Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap -- Closed

Old 04-11-2013, 04:32 AM

good tale Nancia and congrats on all those years together. I always stated if you swear at me ever your outta here. I could care less if you swear but you had better never swear at me. I also said if you cheat on me your gone. The first didnt believe me. The next did. You left a millionaire you sure as hell will leave me.. scared them. and it works I dont mess around with stuff like that. same with the lay a hand on me you had better never go to sleep. I can be scary for a smaller woman. lol.. you see I rarely raise my voice I am quiet, mild mannered easy going but you make me so made I raise my voice.. omg scares the heck out of everyone. lol.. oh my she is furious! yikes! run! my kids it worked on them talked lower and lower the angrier I got then I would silent treatment theme so much more effective than yelling but boy get momma mad enough to lose it.. they freak. ssssshhh dont tell them it makes me laugh inside to see the reactions. the evil side of the brat I suppose We have been together 8 yrs only two fights not even real fights and both times I reminded him to keep his voice down when he speaks to me ... it reminded him of how we don't fight and that was the end of it he went in his room and came out a bit later apologized and end of fighting. I dont do fighting. takes way too much energy. On a positive note this dh has stood by me these last couple years watching me get so sick thinking I was dying, sitting in hospitals for hours waiting surgical outcomes (he is petrified of hospitals) and he takes care of me like I am so fragile and he loves me so very much I could cry thinking about it. We have as close to perfect a relationship as I could hope for. I do my thing (sewing) he does his (fishing) we both meet in the middle how was your day and then we do our things again love it. not in your face kind of relationship but its theone you know you can count on no matter what. He drops anything to come to my rescue and unfortunately thats more often than anyone would wish for. so sorry girl but I win the big grand prize here. let you share the pedestal with me if you want

how are your runners coming ladies? Jaba is done, I was mostly done but starting over that will be tomorrows project and by Thurs mine will be in the mail anyone else start on theirs yet? listen to the clock ticking .. better start pulling your fabrics and what the heck sharing the choices with us! I will post my new fabric choices later today when I get home.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:00 AM

i don't think my sweetie would even think to swear at me. i have the potty mouth in the family. i would never swear at him either, which is not to say i wouldn't use those words in his presence, they just wouldn't be about him. that is saved for when he's not there and said under my breath-- like when i'm emptying the waaaay overfilled trash and one of the hands that lets go whenever it wants to, lets go of the bag, and it spills all over the floor and we all know that's prime dog real estate, and is governed by the rule "if it has surpassed the 5 second rule, it belongs to the dog." vvery important rule. but somethings still shouldn't be eaten by dogs, but we won't go into that! i don't swear very often any more. don't want the dogs picking up bad habits. fortunately, my kids are faaarrr less spoiled than the dogs. they are out in the world. the dogs just interface with us and the vet. actually, the ladies are pretty well behaved. they don't jump up unless they're really muddy. and they won't put their face in your food except if it's something you really like. and only kitten drinks coffee. monkey drinks everything else. and don't tell me i shouldn't allow them to do this stuff. there is no "allowing" going on. they just do it behind and in front of our backs. dh, after 37 yrs has now got a grasp on the don't leave it on the arm of your chair while you just (fill in the blank) for a second. a second is like an hour and a half to a dog! puh-lenty of time to run across the house, snag the cheese and crackers and run back to where you were on one of your blankets and look composed and even sleepy.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:03 AM

good luck on your weight loss, brat! feel better!! does anyone know what size shoe brat wears? can't be too big if she can get both feet in her mouth at the same time. mine are size 9 and i can get both in my mouth and that's because i'm big-boned. my smile is my biggest bone! lol
Old 04-11-2013, 01:32 PM

i would like to sign up please,,,will look for it SAT,,,,,IAM ALLLLLLLLLL FOR SUMMER OR RED,WHITE BLUE,,WILL THINK BOUT IT BY SAT......
Old 04-11-2013, 05:00 PM

Here is my sneak peek of my tropical table runner for Brat. She kept poking me to post a picture! You see how far I have gotten, I dont have any inspiration in me, I don't know what is wrong with me. I have a plan, I just need to put it into play. Jayla picked out the floral, she is becoming my little designer.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]407473[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	407473  
Old 04-11-2013, 06:21 PM

ok I could take a runner with that fabric .. sure make two one for me and one for your partner! or forget your partner and make me two!! or maybe I am your partner! could be if I want to its my swap. Love your bright clors and that is some fun fabric. perfect for a swap like this one. If it was me I would use only the colors that are in the bright fabric also it will make putting it together that much easier if you have less to mix in.. just me.. I received more fabric in today just not sure which route to go do I go floral and bright batiks, do I go margarita glasses, parrots and batiks in blue's and corals or do I go...beach blue waves, sand colors and palm trees? maybe I will post some pics and get a vote on fabric selections. yes yes I will do that tomorrow for you all. tomorrow is my sewing day. Today was just too tiring. I will start and finish tomorrow because I can that way I can sew the binding back on during Saturdays clinic. good plan!
Old 04-12-2013, 01:01 AM

brat-- meet me in daytona beach and we'll have a few margaritas, a little long island ice tea, and a hurricane-- and if we're still able to talk, and/or walk, we can make informed decisions! i'll bring the flip flops, you bring the bikinis! i wear a twice as large (get it? 2x as big. lololol)
Old 04-12-2013, 05:22 AM

thongs right? we do want that beach to ourselves. oh dear we wont worry about walking after all those drinks think we can just roll around in the sand and it wont bother us at all. last time I wore a bikini I was 28 yrs old. Yikes. I was so thin then too thinking I was so fat.. 135 lbs not that fat at all. Now with the old lady long rear end the one that keeps going and going I am positive they dont make bikini bottoms that length. lol. I have a one piece squeeze your belly in the trouble is.. what does one do with the wibbly inner thigh cauliflower look? I need a wrap that is what I need a pretty sarong those thin girls in the movies wear but mine has to be sari size 6 yrds of fabric to cover it all. yuppers. maybe we should meet in the woods girl, long sleeve flannel shirts, blue jeans nobodys eyes will get hurt in the making of our getting plastered.. and we can drop into a patio chair and flop around there while the animals come by to look at those nutty things on the deck?

I am going to wing it for my partner. Something in me says go purple .. and floral and save those fun fabrics for your mug rug Nancia should I get you as a mug rug partner. Just imagine it will be only something like 70inches by 80 inches with all the booze fabrics I have now. hope you have a big mug.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:30 AM

Attached is a picture of the Table Topper I sent Hope (aka Lovngrandma). She stated that she loves red and purple. She said that she has received the topper safe and sound and that she loves it. I hope she uses it in good health.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Topper.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	187.9 KB
ID:	407542  
Old 04-12-2013, 01:32 PM

Monstookie that was so pretty! I love it. I was just admiring that pattern , bought it in fact but the whole thing is much bigger many of the center triangles.. was it easy to put together? cool pattern great way to showcase several fabrics.

finished with my boom blocks today (yahooo) now to go over to that table and cut away for the tropical splendor runner. oh so much fun. I chose the brights for this round. I love bright happy colors for summer. Dont ya'all forget we are signing up this weekend for the next Anastasia's tablerunner swap: Summer Fun! oodles of time to make that one but maybe working on the tropical one isnt such a bad idea for this weekend.. just a thought .. you know me, full of thoughts.. goofy ones sometimes but good ones sometimes too