Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
April 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!! >

April 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

April 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

Old 04-12-2013, 02:51 PM

Decided yesterday that today and tomorrow would be a 'personal quilt retreat'. Hubby thought was a great idea. Early this a.m. I went down to sew and clean. FInished month 5 of a mystery quilt and put it back away waiting for the next step. Quilted and got ready for binding a set of placemats I'm using for the scrap swap - will do the handwork tonight. Put the binding on a wall hanger that was finished and waiting - handwork tonight. Cleaned up the room and started a big bag of flannel scraps for a friend who makes cushions for the animal shelter - she didn't come, but it'll be here when she gets this way. Tonight, I'm going back down to put the hem in some little boy britches - the ones I make for the mission field. I thought they were going to Haiti, but the group doesn't want to take the dresses and pants this time, so I'll have a bunch ready for the next trip. Tomorrow, I want to start sewing on the rows of the quilt that's on my design wall. I think I can start putting it together - all the piecing is done, for the most part. I'll have accomplished quite a bit if I can do that. I'll be pleased and really didn't think about food most of the day - was too busy.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:42 PM

I am still trying to finish up some projects. I still need the binding on my star quilt and my Goosetracks. My new GS is due in 2 weeks. I finished his quilt and was in such a hurry to mail it I forgot to take a picture of it first. I will take a picture with him on it when I go visit. I am hoping to sew the binding on the star quilt so I can take it with me to hand sew the back. It is a large queen size. I am also making a Tardis (doctor Who) quilt my nephew is paying me to make. I had to look up what that is online. And I am continuing to work on my Optical Illusion quilt. I have way too many UFO's
Tomorrow I am spending my entire day at the INternational Quilt show. I just rolled up all of the change laying around here and have $120 from it. My Dh also gave me $100 to spend. Of course there is always the credit card. I am not planning to buy too much. Hopefully I won't go insane like I did last year.
Pat
Old 04-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Power Poster

Hi everybody!
Prayers going up for those in need...isn't that basically all of us, lol? we are all here for a common purpose.
To party!
LOL...
somewhat seriously though to support each other's "losing battle" and quilty interests.
I'm definitely in this for my health. Yes ma'am.
The mouse wants to touch her toes again,...and that's when I'm sitting down, lol.
You know your too large when you have to sit in certain places to put your shoes and socks on.
I could make this into a female version of Jeff Foxworthy's jokes.
My spin of you might be a redneck,
Mousie's version:
You might be too large:
when you sit in a chair and it gets up with you!

You might be too large when going to the powder room and attending to personal hygiene eventually stretches your unders!

You might be too large:
when you have to lift a boob to see your stomach, and lift your stomach to see your knees!
(imagine if you were upside down!...ew, that's a painful visual right there!)

You might be too large:
If, after you get dressed, your too tired to do anything but sit down!

Ok, all of the above jocularity is aimed at this mouse and the runners and managers of said dept. claim no responsibility to whose foot fits the shoe.
(good thing Cinderella was watching her weight!)

Good job quilters. You inspire me. I enjoy the personal chit chat, even if it's not so great, bc then I can say p's and think wonderful thoughts or send hugs.

Now, before I go: what is ziplining? meanmom, was that you? or Pat? or LOL, are you Pat?
No, I don't get confused. not me...uh-uh...it's that "other" mouse.

Last edited by Mousie; 04-12-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:57 PM
Power Poster

Pam I really like those colors and patterns in the quilt. When we were out today, I noticed so many more bushes and flowering trees in bloom. Yellows, and purples.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:50 PM
Power Poster

yes, I agree Pam, that is one beautiful quilt!
ziplining? I know it doesn't have to do with sewing, lol.
Sounds like you need lots of courage...or just be adventurous.
This mousie is cautious! I fall a lot and 8 inches is really high!!!!
(at least I've stopped bouncing...that is good isn't it?)
Old 04-13-2013, 01:49 PM

Pam ---love the quilt!!!!!! Need to get in my room and do more quilting. First, need to make a path to get in it. This weekend is the BlueBonnet Shop Hop....couldn't go as my back is giving me a fit if I stand or walk. Have 3 herniated discs and failed physical therapy and spinal injections. Refuse to have surgery. So I don't know what is next.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:27 PM

I had my weigh in this morning. I was kinda disappointed. I was so good this week. I ate all the right things. I worked out. I did bootcamp class twice 4 days of 30 minutes on the elliptical, 2 x did a mile walk with the running club at school. Plus helped set up for the school carnival. I was only down 1/2 pound. Hopefully it will show up next week.
I was just at the International Quilt Show in Cincinnati. OMG such awesome quilts. I am so jealous of the awesome talent some people have. I bought quite a bit of fabric. More than I planned but I wasn't too bad. Some of it I have for a specific project, some because it was so pretty. I did restrain myself a little bit. There was a lot of Kaffee Fasset fabric which I love but I didn't buy any.
My DD just called. SHe might be in labor so I am going to pack up some things. She lives 4 hours away. I am doing laundry tonight so I will be ready to go. I have all of my toiletries packed up. It is hard to know what clothes to pack as the weather is so unpredictable this time of year. It could do anything from snow to 80 degrees. Gotta run upstairs to sew the binding on my star quilt so I can take it with me to hand sew down.
Pete hope the back gets better.
Pat
Old 04-13-2013, 03:56 PM

Pat - I know you are patiently waiting to hear if she is truly in labor. Get that binding on so you have something to keep your hands busy until you get them on that precious little prince.

I get envious also of all the talent I see at the quilt shows when I go too. I also bought more than I plan when I went to the Dallas quilt show last month. Good thing it only comes once a year.

I will be making another mystery train quilt, Judy 4th mystery trip. I have 2 friends that want one and willing to pay me for my time to make them. Need to get them going, I have been cutting the fabric from my scraps as I was cutting some 2.5 inch squares for a candy swap. I also need to get to work on the patroitic block swap I am in. I seem to some problems with them coming out the right size, they seem to be 1/4 too small. So I am gonna try to get them the right size by doing some paper piecing blocks instead.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:35 PM

Oh, Pat! So exciting that the new baby might be on his way! You are going to have a fun week with that baby boy.
Thanks, everyone, for the compliments on my quilt. I got the blocks all sewn together and started on the piano key border. Had to stop when it was time to babysit. Allie was a little crabby tonight but she was still a cuddly little sweetheart.
Tonight I am watching The Lucky One with hubby. Zack Ephron is yummy......a 0 calorie treat!
Old 04-13-2013, 07:27 PM

Just reading the credits. I couldn't have messed his name up anymore than I did.....Zac Efron!