Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap  -- Closed >

Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap -- Closed

Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap -- Closed

Old 04-16-2013, 02:08 PM

Wow -- so many teasers coming. Just doing the binding on mine. It's rather a subdued grouping of tropical colors and hope it doesn't clash with whatever else my recipient has to put around it. I won't be home to my "stash" for another week, and the local JoAnns is an old, small model. In spite of their sales nothing really spoke to me, believe it or not. So I used a collection of strips I got awhile back from Connection Threads. I like it -- I hope my recipient does too. If not, then I'll be happy to make another when I get home. Should be ready for mailing in a couple days.

Is it the signup for the summer-theme table runner that's been delayed?
Old 04-16-2013, 02:47 PM

Love the pretty brights!!

Originally Posted by tlambing View Post
I was in Tahoe this past wknd for a girls quilting wknd. I was able to get my table topper all done except the binding it was so fun! I love being creative. Sure hope my partner likes brights
[ATTACH=CONFIG]408487[/ATTACH]
Old 04-16-2013, 04:50 PM

We have submitted the request to post its now up to the board to pass or fail it. it just takes time as its all volunteers who make these decisions. I am sitting on go right now myself.. start! start! start! guess in the mean time we send in our projects and see how happy our partners are with our interpretations of the theme I have seen every combo posted I think pastels (mine) brights (mine) batiks bunch of us, blender brights.. and tropical fabrics and well its just how you see it I think. its all great!
Old 04-16-2013, 05:34 PM

have my fabrics picked and should be able to put this together tomorrow. spent today with my quilty friend whose dog has been diagnosed with renal cancer. he will be put down on friday. he is an 8 1/2 yr old rottie with the sweetest disposition. we just talked and laughed and tried to think of other things. and loved on him. he has a "sister" who will have a lot of trouble with his passing. she is so funny. she heard my car turn onto her street and was at the window calling to me!! they are my doggie friends and i love them, and their mom. she is taking this pretty hard.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:29 AM

Hey, Nancia, understand your concern with losing a four-footed friend. Our animals become our babies really quick in real life and their loss is mourned. There are wonderful cards you can get now for the passing of an animal to send to the family - even got one from my vet when he had to put my old cat down. Very touching. Lots of hugs for you and your friend.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:44 AM

Sorry about your doggie friend nancia - pets are extra special as they give unconditionally; it's been several years since I had to put down my goldens - Shadow's Shy Boy Skeeter (call name Skeeter) had to be put down one day before his 10th birthday and my adopted baby Putz was estimated to be 11 or 12; our vet and his staff cried both times - both dogs had health issues and were frequent visitors to the vet's office; to this day I still miss them and will shed a few tears thinking about them. They become family members through and through.

NOW ONTO A HAPPY NOTE.....doing the happy dance as I was the recipient of jaba's beautiful fractured butterfly quilt; photos don't do it justice; colors are bright and alive. I can't wait for our tropical summer party. I'm one lucky girl as I have received several of jaba's projects - she does such beautiful work. Thanks again Jan.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	tropical splendor.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	251.2 KB
ID:	408608  
Old 04-17-2013, 06:50 AM

it is tough and it is like losing family. The other dog will be lost for a while but will probably receive ten times more love than before so that isn't too bad I think. That old rainbow bridge thing...

tlambing you couldnt have shown a smaller sneak peak if you tried. I think you have.. colors! lol.. it will be loved I am sure. the addy is Avery, CA and let me tell you how to get it to me faster.. oh wait. they all can't be for me! maybe one can though so help yourself send away to my home your partner will understand (probably not but I will be rolling in tropical tablerunners so it wont hurt when they throw potatos at me for taking all the runners).. lol that would have been sorta fun giving everyone ME as their secret partner! course would have been a mob lynching I suppose. good thing I did the right thing and only handed my name out to half of you
Old 04-17-2013, 07:21 AM

dabbler so glad you like it! I love making these fractures you just never know how it's going to look until it's all sewn together the last time. Going to look for fabric all along my vacation route, need to make some for me and brat wants a big sunflower, don't want her to cry so better find some fabric. I'll look brat honest I will.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:35 AM

This being my first swap of this type...I wasn't sure if I was supposed to post the whole thing Brat. Didn't want to spoil any surprises I'll get it bound this wknd and should be in the mail on Monday. Fun. One more question...do y'all put a label on your work? or shall I sign it? or??????
Old 04-17-2013, 07:41 AM

Strictly up to you tlambing, some do and some don't. I think I do if it's not double sided. And if it is, sometimes I'll just write a little "jaba" in the corner.