Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Want your critisisims but please be nice while giving them >

Want your critisisims but please be nice while giving them

Want your critisisims but please be nice while giving them

Old 04-16-2013, 09:09 PM

Your quilt is beautiful. I am not a very good quilter compared to you; however, I am getting better. I decided I just wanted to make quilts for fun, not for shows. Some of the pressure is gone now. Quilting better.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:54 AM
Power Poster

If you are waiting for criticism from me, you are going to be waiting a long time. I love it.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:03 AM

I love this quilt and think you did a great job! I really like the 'puffiness' of this one. You get kudos from me!! I don't think I would ever take on a project from someone else - I'd just be too nervous to do that and I have to give you credit for your creativity. This is truly a very pretty quilt!
Old 04-17-2013, 03:43 AM

You said to be nice--right? WOW!!! I think you did a super job of setting the blocks and can't find a thing wrong. If you want to try feathers, can you get some thin paper like tissue and draw the feathers on that, then pin it on your top and quilt it? Or if you can make a template that will have the outline of the feathers, you could mark that on your top with a removable marker and add the feather lines from that? Not sure how clear that is, but best I can do so early in the morning.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:05 AM

I think the areas you did quilt look fine, but what stands out to me are the non-quilted areas. I know that not quilting some areas makes them stand out, but I think some of the blocks look like you weren't quite finished. Just like with feathers ( which I'm sure you will get more comfortable with, but I think you are too critical of your work, the quilting is fine.), you'll get a better feel for this as you quilt more. Good luck!
Old 04-17-2013, 04:18 AM

It looks nice, but, it looks like the quilt top needs to be pulled tighter when quilting, with more quilting in some of the blocks. Theres too much 'loose' fabic in the blocks.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:30 AM
Power Poster

Looks great to me! As long as you know you put your best effort in you should be happy with it and it looks like you put a great deal of effort to get it right.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by amyjo View Post
I think you did a very nice job. nice blocks, love the colors. Keep on as you are, I don't have a galloping horse, and there are no quilt police on here. If they are they need to move on.
Ditto for me. I love it and honestly don't see any thing to be worried about. So we can't do feathers , Me either btw, we'll learn .
Old 04-17-2013, 04:44 AM

what's not to like, beautiful
Old 04-17-2013, 04:46 AM

I think you did a great job and I love the fluffiness of it I don't like flat quilts