Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
audible alarm on Pfaff QE 4.0 update >

audible alarm on Pfaff QE 4.0 update

audible alarm on Pfaff QE 4.0 update

Old 04-17-2013, 12:20 PM

Default audible alarm on Pfaff QE 4.0 update

I posted a few weeks back about the (in)audible low bobbin alarm on my new machine. It seems some other folks were having the same problem. I thought you might like an update. After e-mailing with a Pfaff representative and talking with my local dealer, the decision was that the volume control needs replacing which in turn requires replacing the entire board since it is hardwired in. They are in the process of getting the board now. I am disappointed to say the least that this happened; I had great confidence in Pfaff based on previous machines but now perhaps now so much, especially since other machines are having the same problem - not just bad luck with mine! Anyway, if your audible alarm is not so audible, I would push the dealer to fix it.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:15 PM
Power Poster

Good to know that they are fixing it! That's really the test of a good company.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by SunQuilts View Post
I posted a few weeks back about the (in)audible low bobbin alarm on my new machine. It seems some other folks were having the same problem. I thought you might like an update. After e-mailing with a Pfaff representative and talking with my local dealer, the decision was that the volume control needs replacing which in turn requires replacing the entire board since it is hardwired in. They are in the process of getting the board now. I am disappointed to say the least that this happened; I had great confidence in Pfaff based on previous machines but now perhaps now so much, especially since other machines are having the same problem - not just bad luck with mine! Anyway, if your audible alarm is not so audible, I would push the dealer to fix it.
Well, I'll just settle with not hearing it. I don't want to part with my machine for repair. When I'm just regular sewing I can watch thru the see-thru door. The only time I really would like the signal is when I'm FMGing because I use a slider and can't readily see the bobbin. Oh, well.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:06 PM
Power Poster

Nancy Zieman of Sewing with Nancy was a spokesperson for Pfaff for years. Some one who worked with Pfaff posted Nancy quit Pfaff when the quality of the machines went downhill after the company sold to another manufacturer.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:30 PM

I don't believe I would blame the alarm problem entirely on Pfaff. The circuit boards are manufactured by an outside factory in China who has a contract with SVP to make the boards. If there is a problem with the board that, fortunately, has been identified, and Pfaff is stepping up to the plate to fix it go ahead and get your machine fixed. Sometimes companies, like automotive companies, only offer a full replacement of a part for a certain amount of time because of failures due to normal wear and tear on components. After the time limit they pro-rate the repair. I would definitely get my machine on the list to be repaired.
Where Pfaff can take blame is for dropping the ball in the Quality Control dept.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:02 PM

I agree, Mitch's Mom - quality control may be at the bottom of this. My dealer had an identical machine sitting in the shop and found it had the same problem. I purchased my machine around the middle of February.