Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are your criteria for buying fabric when on vacation? >

What are your criteria for buying fabric when on vacation?

What are your criteria for buying fabric when on vacation?

Old 04-17-2013, 04:19 PM

I take a prepaid FED EX box, fill it up and ship it home. ....if I am flying. If by car, I take a large clear leaf bag so I can stuff it in the odd space in the SUV. I don't like extra luggage pieces....unless I am buying antique glass, then I will take a suitcase with polyester batting. Love buying fabric in other countries...but always use Fed EX when I am out of the country.
Diana
Old 04-18-2013, 04:05 PM

I was reading this thread a few minutes before my husband said "Honey, do you want to go to Amish Ohio?" Our anniversary is later this month, so this is our gift to each other. We were packed and out of the house in about 30 minutes. Thank goodness I read this before we came because I found Miller's Dry Goods store, and its BASEMENT. Several "on sale" quilt, purse patterns and fabric later, I'm $100 poorer. We've been here often in the past but had never been in that area - husband also found Keim Lumber! I loved that place also. Ran into two other ladies looking for fabric in Millers and had a ball talking w/them and comparing notes. We plan to head back home Saturday, so Grandma Fannie's Quilt Barn tomorrow, along with some other non-fabric shops. Life is good!