Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
male quilters >

male quilters

male quilters

Old 05-02-2013, 05:56 PM

People I have to say this sounds a little fishy to me as well.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:59 PM

LOL! Good one. MY DH is well past his expiration date, but so am I. So far, neither one of us is willing to toss the other out.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:06 PM

Jim, my DH picked up some fabric at the LQS about a month ago. I'd bought 1/8th yard to test with a focus fabric, and it worked well. I managed to get a sinus infection, so I sent him to buy me 2 yards more - which was about all that was left when I bought my sample.

He got soooo much attention from the ladies working in the store! Good attention, though; they wanted to know what he was working on. (No stereotyping in that store!)

He told them the truth, "Keeping my wife happy."
Old 05-02-2013, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Material Witness View Post
I also am looking for a male quilter - what a great husband replacement. Just imagine!
I don't know. It would give you someone to share with, but my DH has a habit of "sharing" my things. Do you want your husband in your stash?
Old 05-02-2013, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by cathyvv View Post
LOL! Good one. MY DH is well past his expiration date, but so am I. So far, neither one of us is willing to toss the other out.
My DH says he has too much time and too much money invested in me to find a new wife. I say it took me 42 years to train him; too old to train another! LOL!!
Old 05-02-2013, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Seems to me a reporter would have much better/easier/smarter ways to research male quilters in his/her own area than to go on a large international message board and ask members to volunteer information about other members without asking permission. Things are not always what they seem on the surface, just saying.

Oh, come on. Is there some secret database of "Male Quilters" that he could query? What he is doing isn't fishy at all, IMO. On the contrary, this is a very logical place for someone to seek information about ANY aspect of quilting. He gave his info, and it's easy enough to verify. There's "smart" and there's "paranoid". Let's try not to cast aspersions without good reason.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:58 PM

Oh my that is so funny!!!!! Thank you for making my day!!!!!! I am going to try that sometime. ha ha ah ah ah hah a to funny!!!!!! Thanks for sharing that story. lollolol
Old 05-02-2013, 10:58 PM
Jim

Originally Posted by cathyvv View Post
Jim, my DH picked up some fabric at the LQS about a month ago. I'd bought 1/8th yard to test with a focus fabric, and it worked well. I managed to get a sinus infection, so I sent him to buy me 2 yards more - which was about all that was left when I bought my sample.

He got soooo much attention from the ladies working in the store! Good attention, though; they wanted to know what he was working on. (No stereotyping in that store!)

He told them the truth, "Keeping my wife happy."
Cathyvv a very smart husband you have there. With a great sense of humor.

I haven't ever really had a bad experience in a fabric store. I just don't pay enough attention to the workers at the fabric stores when I am on a mission. Most know me now within a 60 mile radius. I've had workers send customers to me to answer there quilting questions. I do think all suspiciousness about this post is unwarranted but, everyone is entitled to there feelings. Have a blessed quilting day everyone....Jim
Old 05-03-2013, 02:26 AM

QUILTNNAN.......I went into the MAN QUILTER site and what interesting reading. I have not experienced working with any male quilters but what I have seen of their work, it has been beautifully sewn.

Congrats, guys, and you would be welcome at any of the groups with which I belong......keep those quilts coming!
Old 05-03-2013, 02:36 AM

I know 2 in Tennessee.